The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how after the last show of LOTB tour, Bruce still didn't want to mention TFP tour by name. This is a novelty for him - a tour announced before the end of the previous tour. The joke here should be that the secrecy continues. :lol:

Btw, he hinted the theme of the 2008 tour and that they will play Rime at Download 2007.

I have three (3) tickets to sell for the first London 02 show (July 7). Seated tickets at section 103. Will sell for face value. Is this the proper place to sell? I’m new to the forum, and can’t seem to find a proper thread.

Anyone else who think Alexander the great would be an excellent opening song?
Love the idea as I already pointed out on another thread. Of Course Caught Somewhere In Time is by far the best opener but I hope Maiden don't even try to play it. Even if they downtune it so Bruce can nail it there's the drumming issue: there's no way 71 year old Nicko can pull off that bass drum pattern with one foot by now unless they severely slow the song down - which would utterly ruin it. So with no CSIT and LOTLDR being played (the latter for similar reasons) I think ATG would ironically be the best opener indeed. Other than that I think the number of tunes that make decent to good openers is tight. Here are my opener picks from least favorite to top one:

7) The Days Of Future Past is fast paced but lacks the punch and epic flavor. I'd pick another tune seriously.
6) Sea Of Madness is strong and heavy as hell but its kick down the door like entrance is more suitable for 2nd or 3rd song in the set. Plus I think the song will be eventually dropped unless they play it at half a tone down (or even an entire tone... SOM in D would sound brutal) and several BPMs slower (once again that pedal... but in this case a slower SOM wouldn't sound that bad, so...).
5) The Number Of The Beast is an ok-ish opener as we saw during the "Give me Ed" Tour... but then again it works so much better later in the set.
4) Stratego: Now I don't believe they'll ever open a show with this one but I really like the idea. It's strong, energetic and epic. Love it
3) Senjutsu: Last album's first song already served as an opener during the lat tour and yeah.... More than an adrenaline injector it's an ambiance builder and I think it works. Nonetheless if I'm not mistaken there were rumors they wouldn't open the new tour with it, so...

Now to top my openers... two dark horses:
2) Heaven Can Wait: Imagine the intro, then the synth hum, the bass and guitar doodle (all recorded). Then as the song goes full speed the band hits the stage. Pure beauty! The only setback here is the chorus where Bruce normally lets the audience sing along but that's it. IMO a brutal opener.

... and my top one as I already hinted
1) Alexander The Great: Once again the intro and spoken words recorded and live sound only starts with the galloping. Man with the anticipation built for decades this would be a monumental entrance! And I'm 100% on board with it

I think concert video from LOTB tour could be released/shared in YouTube next month or in December.
Let's hope it's a 2018 date. That Night Of The Dead crap is an insult to Bruce and the effort he made to perform while being sick (in addition to the attrition of the entire road as it was one of the last shows) or even 2019' Rock In Rio. During this year's Rock In Rio (2022) Bruce was also struggling much (but muuuuuuuch) more than he did in Donnington (to compare two high quality broadcasts). Nevertheless as tired as his voice sounded this it was nowhere near bad as the same stage in 2019. And this is no bash on Bruce. The man was 61 by then and even sick as hell took in the chin and did those gigs anyway and that's something to applaud. Just pick another show to turn into an official release (and yeah... I could care less about calendar easter eggs).

I think Caught Somewhere in Time is going to be really interesting live, especially since Bruce can't hit the notes on the album. A real Aces High conundrum. Do you put it first when his voice is in the best shape, or do you stuff it later when people will excuse him not being able to sing it?

It was a kind of video with some strange signs and letters. ;)
I think this was a cryptic hint about SIT and TFP tour.
The Educated Fool on the player..

Time will flow and I will follow..
The chorus will be thematic for the tour, but I don't think it suits Bruce's voice.
Other than that I think the number of tunes that make decent to good openers is tight. Here are my opener picks from least favorite to top one:

7) The Days Of Future Past is fast paced but lacks the punch and epic flavor. I'd pick another tune seriously.
6) Sea Of Madness is strong and heavy as hell but its kick down the door like entrance is more suitable for 2nd or 3rd song in the set. Plus I think the song will be eventually dropped unless they play it at half a tone down (or even an entire tone... SOM in D would sound brutal) and several BPMs slower (once again that pedal... but in this case a slower SOM wouldn't sound that bad, so...).
5) The Number Of The Beast is an ok-ish opener as we saw during the "Give me Ed" Tour... but then again it works so much better later in the set.
4) Stratego: Now I don't believe they'll ever open a show with this one but I really like the idea. It's strong, energetic and epic. Love it
3) Senjutsu: Last album's first song already served as an opener during the lat tour and yeah.... More than an adrenaline injector it's an ambiance builder and I think it works. Nonetheless if I'm not mistaken there were rumors they wouldn't open the new tour with it, so...

Now to top my openers... two dark horses:
2) Heaven Can Wait: Imagine the intro, then the synth hum, the bass and guitar doodle (all recorded). Then as the song goes full speed the band hits the stage. Pure beauty! The only setback here is the chorus where Bruce normally lets the audience sing along but that's it. IMO a brutal opener.

... and my top one as I already hinted
1) Alexander The Great: Once again the intro and spoken words recorded and live sound only starts with the galloping. Man with the anticipation built for decades this would be a monumental entrance! And I'm 100% on board with it
The opener should be from SIT (becasue of the stage set) or Senjutsu (because it's the new album and considering the name of the tour) - the tour is about these two albums after all. For me the perfect openers for this tour are: CSIT, DOFP and Futureal (great opener from the old songs).

DOFP lacks punch? It's a great fast opener with big chorus and empty middle part perfect for Bruce's ''scream for me''. I don't think they will open with Senjutsu again (I'm not even sure if they will play it). Stratego is the other perfect song for an opener from the album, but I think Nicko will prefer to not play it next year along with the difficult SIT songs.

Besides CSIT, Deja-Vu is the other perfect opener from the album (without the intro). I agree that Sea Of Madness is more suitable for 2nd or 3rd song. HCW, I don't think it's right to start a show with a song that has an ''oh-oh'' part in the middle - this is usually saved for later in the show. The tempo and chorus are really fitting for a concert opener though. About ATG, I don't think they will want to skip the intro live, and I don't think long instrumental sections are fitting for a concert opener (Senjutsu has long verses, it's different). As an encore opener or as the centerpiece of the set is perfect.
Let's hope it's a 2018 date.
Yeah, the original setlist and performances from 2018 are the best. But why not from the 2022 leg with the Senjutsu stage set and songs? I think it's possible, especially if they don't play 2 of the 3 Senjutsu songs next year and since the Senjutsu stage set won't be used next year.
I think Caught Somewhere in Time is going to be really interesting live, especially since Bruce can't hit the notes on the album. A real Aces High conundrum. Do you put it first when his voice is in the best shape, or do you stuff it later when people will excuse him not being able to sing it?
CSIT should only be played as the first song in the set, not only because of Bruce, but mainly because of Nicko. I think Bruce still can hit the high notes in the chorus. It's a difficult song for both of them.

Last edited:
To you all, this strange code was for sure an announcement for the Future Past tour, but it was also a clear announcement for something which could start on february or march 2023. ;)

It's unlikely that it's another live album, it would be too much. On the other hand there's no way they are going to start recording anything before the beginning of 2024.
I bet my money on a new beer called Sheriff of Hopstersfield or simply wasted hops. :rolleyes:

The chorus will be thematic for the tour, but I don't think it suits Bruce's voice.
Yep, my post was only about the little nap of infinite dreams..somehow just when woke up the chorus started playing on my mind.
Maybe it's because Im getting ready for the next years tour and so waiting for it, while also starting to accept that time is still on our side..
Perhaps Im feeling little melancholic as we know there's not too much time and tours left..

The opener should be from SIT (becasue of the stage set) or Senjutsu (because it's the new album and considering the name of the tour) - the tour is about these two albums after all. For me the perfect openers for this tour are: CSIT, DOFP and Futureal (great opener from the old songs).
I agree. Futureal isn't obviously featured in neither SIT nor Senjutsu. But it would be cool to listen to it once again.
DOFP lacks punch? It's a great fast opener with big chorus and empty middle part perfect for Bruce's ''scream for me''.
Indeed I think DOFP it lacks a bit energy FOR AN OPENER (not as a song per se). I mean I don't think it's an absurd opening a set with it (otherwise I wouldn't feature it on my potential opener list (even though being at the bottom). I like TDOFP but I'd put it in the middle of the set.
I don't think they will open with Senjutsu again (I'm not even sure if they will play it).
Yup neither do I.
Stratego is the other perfect song for an opener from the album, but I think Nicko will prefer to not play it next year along with the difficult SIT songs.
Nicko expressed he struggled with the pedal of Stratego live. And Stratego's pedal is a cakewalk when compared with Sea Of Madness or even more Caught Somewhere In Time.
Besides CSIT, Deja-Vu is the other perfect opener from the album (without the intro).
I wouldn't say perfect but indeed I totally about Deja Vu. Yeah it would make a decent opener.
But why not from the 2022 leg with the Senjutsu stage set and songs?
Now that's a great idea! From what I listened the band sounded really good in Donnington. But if Rod has another "excellent" marketing idea it's possible we get a Rock in Rio 2 with Bruce tired as hell. :( Well if that'll be the case at least there's an up side: I'd spare some coins because although not being as horrendous as that NOTD disaster it would never see the color of my money. Now if it's a concert with a performance like Download... bring it on!
CSIT should only be played as the first song in the set, not only because of Bruce, but mainly because of Nicko.
It doesn't matter if it's played first or last: the only way Nicko can play that pattern in a single pedal is if they slow it down at least to Stratego's speed. Living proof is he said he struggled to play Stratego (and the pattern is pretty much the same but waaaaaaaaay slower). Can you imagine how it would spoil the adrenaline booster that masterpiece is? If that's the case I'd rather not listen to it being spoiled, I'm sorry.
I think Bruce still can hit the high notes in the chorus.
The only recording where he manages to it them properly is on the album itself. Now are you expecting a 65 year old Bruce will manage to hit notes he never reached 100% properly live when he was 28 years old. Man I know that he was tired from the World Slavery tour during the dates of Somewhere on Tour but even so... it's delusional to expect Bruce to at least replicate what his tired voice did back i n 1986/87. Age does not forgive. But in the case of Bruce a slight downtune (a semi tone ar a full tone) would be enough. Now with Nicko there are only 2 options: either we start enjoying Caught Somewhere in Mid Tempo or they don't play it at all (which is something I prefer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back