The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its crazy that Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are the only SiT tracks that have been featured on official live albums. Must be a record low among the 80's albums? I would love if they changed up the setlist during the tour and made sure the official live release had 6-8 SiT songs on it! Not likely they would play Long Distance Runner for the entire tour, but that bootleg version from Belgrade shows the potential of the song!

Last edited:
Are you going to look the setlist or wait until you see them live at your show?
I've done this few times that went totally "blind" to the show, but it hard to keep the secret..especially if there's some playing Iron Maiden songs from some boombox before the show as they might play the setlist.

LOL. Well it's nigh on impossible to moderate on here without seeing bits of setlist. In fact, I'd argue that being on forums or social media in general makes it difficult to avoid setlist reveals!
Not to mention even just going on YouTube. You’re gonna see tons of videos titled “Maiden Plays Alexander” or “Maiden Finally Played It!” You need complete media blackout to avoid that.

I'm very glad they played LOTF if only that it reinforced my belief that TXF would have been a good album had it had good production and Bruce on vocals.

Because that live arrangement blew the album version out of the water.
TBH I think that Bruce's version of LOTF is bad, too forced and singing those parts a whole octave ( Minus half step) higher than the original didn't feat the heavy, dark Mood of the Song. Just My opinion. Blaze version is one of my favourite songs ever, with the best Janick solo

I will definitely look at the setlist before. It's always fun discussing stuff like that. Even when you know what to expect, the concerts are still magical, so I've got no issues on that end.
Yep, I think Im gonna watch the setlist and of course then follow this tour thread here and read people little reviews and experiences etc.
I think it's just impossible to try and sneak in to the show without hearing/seeing anything revealing. Also then I wouldn't be able to participate here which would mean plenty of dull days for me..
I somehow managed to go to 2 different tours shows in the past that way "blindly" but it was very suprising to hear the show..
It's always magical show to see them play live so, count me in as I don't have issues at all with this.

I read a speculation post on Facebook yesterday about which band is coming as support on the Future Past tour. Some great bands that were mentioned and that would definitely make sense:
  • Helloween
  • Disturbed
  • Anthrax
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Saxon
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Accept
  • Airbourne
What do you think and like to see?

I read a speculation post on Facebook yesterday about which band is coming as support on the Future Past tour. Some great bands that were mentioned and that would definitely make sense:
  • Helloween
  • Disturbed
  • Anthrax
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Saxon
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Accept
I think we'll get the grandson of Nicko's neighboor and his friends.

• Helloween
  • Disturbed
  • Anthrax
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Saxon
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Accept
  • Airbourne
Helloween - Definitely possible
Disturbed - Too big in the UK at least, but I don't know how sizeable they are in mainland Europe
Anthrax - Definitely possible
Avenged Sevenfold - Way too big nowadays
Saxon - The right size band, but I have a conspiracy theory that they feel a little hard done by that Maiden are so much bigger than them when they are also a NWOBHM band and wouldn't support them
Killswitch Engage - Supported Maiden on LOTB tour, right size but maybe they will opt for someone new
Accept - Definitely possible
Airbourne - Definitely possible

I'd love to see Blind Guardian supporting Maiden, but they may be a little too melodramatic for some fans. Trivium would be great too. In terms of smaller bands that may appeal to more traditional heavy metal fans, I would love to see the likes of Khemmis, Spirit Adrift, Visigoth or Unto Others given a shot as an opening band on a three band bill, but this slot is normally given over to a Maiden family member.

Helloween - Definitely possible
Disturbed - Too big in the UK at least, but I don't know how sizeable they are in mainland Europe
Anthrax - Definitely possible
Avenged Sevenfold - Way too big nowadays
Saxon - The right size band, but I have a conspiracy theory that they feel a little hard done by that Maiden are so much bigger than them when they are also a NWOBHM band and wouldn't support them
Killswitch Engage - Supported Maiden on LOTB tour, right size but maybe they will opt for someone new
Accept - Definitely possible
Airbourne - Definitely possible
Disturbed is coming out with a new album in 20 days, so I can see them supporting Maiden to promote their new album. I don't know if they are big enough for their own album tour. Here in the Netherlands I hardly hear people talking about Distrubed but I don't know how it is in the rest of Europe either.

Avenged Sevenfold opened for Metallica a few years ago. And since there has been a collab with Maiden and Avenged Sevenfold on the mobile game I could see a possibility. And don't they also have a new album coming out?

You're right about Saxon honestly. I'm not a big fan of them (only know 1 song) but I do know that there has always been that debate which band is better, Maiden or Saxon. Still, I don't think Saxon would want to miss an opportunity like this, but maybe that's just my view.

Killswitch also has a new album in the works. They are a good band, but as with Disturbed, would they manage to go on their own album tour? I don't know.

I'd love to see Blind Guardian supporting Maiden, but they may be a little too melodramatic for some fans. Trivium would be great too. In terms of smaller bands that may appeal to more traditional heavy metal fans, I would love to see the likes of Khemmis, Spirit Adrift, Visigoth or Unto Others given a shot as an opening band on a three band bill, but this slot is normally given over to a Maiden family member.
Damn Blind Guardian would be great, amazing live band! Although sometimes a little too melodic for me (with the pan flutes and such).

Its crazy that Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are the only SiT tracks that have been featured on official live albums. Must be a record low among the 80's albums? I would love if they changed up the setlist during the tour and made sure the official live release had 6-8 SiT songs on it! Not likely they would play Long Distance Runner for the entire tour, but that bootleg version from Belgrade shows the potential of the song!
Among the 80's albums, yes - overall, it's the AMOLAD album (followed by the VXI and TXF albums). About Long Distance Runner, I think it's not that good live song, especially the chorus. This is not an easy song for Bruce and Nicko, the drumming is pure power metal.

Are you going to look the setlist or wait until you see them live at your show?
I've done this few times that went totally "blind" to the show, but it hard to keep the secret..especially if there's some playing Iron Maiden songs from some boombox before the show as they might play the setlist.
I was trying to go in blind with the Legacy '22 tour when Senjutsu was added. I told my girlfirend I would stay off social media and let the setlist surprise me.

It took 1 day after the first show for me to get spoiled on Instagram. I really want to go in blind for this tour but I know I'm either going to get spoiled or be curious and look it up anyway.

I'll be going zero dark thirty when the tour starts. Unfollow Maiden , try to avoid YouTube channels based around metal in general.

Will be tough given I'll be seeing them at the end of the tour

I do that every tour. Best to just avoid youtube altogether

I do that every tour. Best to just avoid youtube altogether
Correction, best to just avoid social media altogether

Seriously Instagram will show no mercy when it comes to spoilers. One press on that little magnifying glass down there and you will see the stage setup, the set list, the merchandise and everything else. That's how I got spoiled for the Legacy '22 tour.

Wanted to keep the setlist a secret and be completely surprised by everything. 1 day after the first show I go on Instagram and see samurai Eddie, a picture of the setlist and the Japanese temple stage.....

• Helloween
  • Disturbed
  • Anthrax
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Saxon
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Accept
  • Airbourne
Helloween and Accept for me. Both bands are with 3 guitarists now wow.

Why not some other bands? I'd definitely like Sabaton, HammerFall, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, W.A.S.P., Battle Beast, Bloodbound, Grave Digger or even Blaze Bayley and KK's Priest. Regarding Saxon (the last time they played with Maiden was in 1983, iirc), I think the speculation in the previous page is probably true. I would like them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back