The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happening way too soon. That might be the key to tackling the issue. I suppose it's a win win situation for Ticketmaster if they get a cut of hideously inflated resales, but that's looking increasingly like a racket. I wouldn't be surprised if it's on dodgy ground legally

I hope the big Eddie for the tour to be Senjutsu Eddie (because this is still the album tour) with inflatable hands like Eddie from 1986, or at least the 2-faced Eddie from the tour poster. SIT will have a walk-on Eddie and Senjutsu too, I guess.
I'm almost a 100% sure that we will not see those inflatable hands reaching towards the crowd like in 1986/87 - at least not in Europe. Because I'm absolutely sure that there is any EU-law preventing things like that because it could be dangerous for the crowd or for any other bullshit reason like this. This is the EU.

I'm almost a 100% sure that we will not see those inflatable hands reaching towards the crowd like in 1986/87 - at least not in Europe. Because I'm absolutely sure that there is any EU-law preventing things like that because it could be dangerous for the crowd or for any other bullshit reason like this. This is the EU.
If Rammstein can practically blow up a stadium I'm pretty sure Maiden can have inflatable hands.

I'm currently wondering of I can manage to avoid all Maiden chat for the 2 weeks at the start of the tour so that everything is a surprise at Glasgow. The temptation to see the stage and find out the setlist will be huge though.
Maiden England 2012 Atlanta was the 2nd show and I could not even wait that long. I did get to see the very first show on TBOS tour and I have to admit it was great not knowing the setlist and production.

Do we think that Maiden themselves will spoil the setlist again? Stick it out song by song s it happens with the artworks, like they did for Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast?

The ruins of the city in the background of the Future Past Tour poster maybe indicates another song than "Futureal". It could be "When Two Worlds Collide" (it could make sense as SIT and Senjutsu represent two different worlds, the past and the future colliding together on one new tour). ;)
That would be awesome! I was also thinking that lightning would be a cool addition to the stage show. Seems like it would fit well with the futuristic rainy cityscape. Maayyybe Lightning STRIKESTWICE!!!

Another possibility I’m surprised hasn’t been floated around here: since Maiden is celebrating 40 years of The Number of the Beast and made a big thing about Total Eclipse being on the album instead of Gangland, I wonder if there is any appetite to bring it back live? I love the track personally and would love to hear it live.

This is probably all about getting Maiden back on schedule. LOTB was gonna end in 2020, release of Senjutsu in 2020, Senjutsu tour in 2021-22, SIT tour in 2023-24, hopefully another album, rinse and repeat on a cycle until they give it up.

Assuming they don't add earlier dates my show is only around 3 weeks after the tour starts, might be the first Maiden tour I'm able to stop myself from spoiling

Loads! Thats what Im sayin, Ticketmaster are advertising resale tickets from Business Sellers. I assume a Business Seller has more than one ticket. They buy loads and immediately sell them for a higher price via Ticketmaster. Thats my reading of the whole thing.

Must be so easy for touts nowadays where you can just send an email.

Saying that, buying from a tout, there's no way you can be sure he hasn't sold the same print out many times.

For some reason I got an image of him carrying his wife over one shoulder....

Girls do stand at gigs occasionally, you know :p

Didn't mean that to sound misogynistic, his wife isn't a metal fan in general and wouldn't be used what standing at a metal gig entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back