The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Distance Runner (they don't like how it sounds live).
That's the case with CSIT too, at least Rod said that.

My bet for SIT 5 is:

Wasted Years (a given)
Stranger In A Strange Land (a given)
Heaven Can Wait (no fans on stage, just a sing along part, or the crew comes out)
Alexander The Great (too much smoke now)
Deja Vu or Sea Of Madness (both relatively easy to play)

CSIT does have a certain appeal to the band (or Bruce specifically) namely being able to finally do the jacket properly and it was kind of the centerpiece of the original tour in the absence of ATG. Buuuut, the only way it'd be feasible is in Eb tuning, at a slow tempo, with Nicko having somehow decided to learn how to do a gallop on two pedals. In other words, realistically it's impossible. Even if Bruce does his thing and stumbles his way through it in original tuning, Nicko's not gonna be able to do the same.

CSIT does have a certain appeal to the band (or Bruce specifically) namely being able to finally do the jacket properly and it was kind of the centerpiece of the original tour in the absence of ATG. Buuuut, the only way it'd be feasible is in Eb tuning, at a slow tempo, with Nicko having somehow decided to learn how to do a gallop on two pedals. In other words, realistically it's impossible. Even if Bruce does his thing and stumbles his way through it in original tuning, Nicko's not gonna be able to do the same.

Exactly.

#SaveNickosRightFoot

To be fair, with three Senjutsu cuts being performed this year, with a strong possibility that at least one of them, or even two, will be benched for 2023 in favour of 3-4 previously unplayed Senjutsu cuts, resulting a total of 5 Senjutsu songs in the set anyway, I think it's just as dedicated to Senjutsu as any previous album tour has been for it's representative album, save AMOLAD which obviously got a superior treatment.
I meant ''Senjutsu tour name'' and Japanese Palace stage set used only for 1 leg of a Hits tour. It will be as if the album never existed.
Yeah, I'd say around the same as DOFP being the opener.
I'd say DOFP or CSIT.
That's the case with CSIT too, at least Rod said that.

My bet for SIT 5 is:

Wasted Years (a given)
Stranger In A Strange Land (a given)
Heaven Can Wait (no fans on stage, just a sing along part, or the crew comes out)
Alexander The Great (too much smoke now)
Deja Vu or Sea Of Madness (both relatively easy to play)
The crew for HCW is a great idea. The song can't do without this part.

I will definitely go to the show in Amsterdam, but tickets are expensive!

I paid about 75 euros for a ticket to the Legacy of the Beast concert in 2019 (bought the tickets in 2019, show was postponed to 2022 of course). The Future Past tour tickets cost 100 euros each! Considering I'm going to buy 2 (since my GF wants to come along so I don't have to go alone, but she doesn't like Iron Maiden) I'll pay 200 euros. Heavy....

It won't stop me from going but damn the prices are high these days......

Regarding stage set. I want them to recreate SIT stage set in some form but, realistically I think they are too lazy for that. The layout will be the same as always... And the theme, as it seems, will be some future street/city landscape. With many neon lights, like on the Future Past tour promo art. Here's the fun part... drum roll... Spitfire will be replaced with flying taxi. :D

I'm really excited to see the new tour... I belive in 5 sogs from Senjutso, 5 from SIT and then the usual classics.

I think they will play this ones, not in this order...

-Senjutsu
-WOTW
-Days of Future Past
-Time Machine
-Hell on Earth

-Somewhere in Time
-Heaven can Wait
-Alexander the Great
-Stranger in a Strange Land
-Wasted Years

-Iron Maiden
-TNOTB
-Fear of the Dark
-The Trooper
-Hallowed be thy name

I will definitely go to the show in Amsterdam, but tickets are expensive!

I paid about 75 euros for a ticket to the Legacy of the Beast concert in 2019 (bought the tickets in 2019, show was postponed to 2022 of course). The Future Past tour tickets cost 100 euros each! Considering I'm going to buy 2 (since my GF wants to come along so I don't have to go alone, but she doesn't like Iron Maiden) I'll pay 200 euros. Heavy....

It won't stop me from going but damn the prices are high these days......

Ouch, that is really steep!

If they want to play CSIT (fast or not so fast), I think they want - it should only be as a concert opener. Rod, please stay away from the setlist lol.

The 5 Samurai, 5 Cyborg hint on the tour poster indicating 5 Senjutsu - , 5 Somewhere in Time Songs makes sense for me. Plus 5 Classics.
Classics: Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark, The Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed be Thy Name seems obvious. Maybe they drop one for two minutes to Midnight or something maximum.
Somewhere in Time: Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait are obvious. Sea of Madness since it had been played on the actual album tour and is comparatevely easy, seems likely. So, the last one has to be something never been played, or once (Loneliness of the Long distance Runner), so ist has to be Alexander the Great.
Senjutsu: Days of Future Past, The Writing on the Wall are sure. Hell on Earth more than likely. There are more new epics indicated, so I guess The Time Machine, since it fits the theme of the tour and the flow from Days of Future Past into Time Machine seems perfect as show opener. Though I do not believe they will drop Senjutsu and Stratego. However, Senjutsu is staying I guess, since the Samurai theme of the tour, though Stratego seems to be one of the greatest hits. If the 5,5,5 scheme is true only one can be played. Without this beeing true, I would rather argue for both of them and no Sea of Madness or Alexander. What are your thoughts?

The crew for HCW is a great idea. The song can't do without this part.

May I ask why? That's like saying Dream Of Mirrors couldn't be played because it had a "whoooh" part and that wouldn't work without people on the stage. Or The Wicker Man. Or Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter.

Just because they used to bring up people on the stage doens't mean that they have to continue doing that. I can't see that being a genuine reason to exclude the song from the setlist. If they really play 5 songs HCW is very likely to make the cut.

Wasted Years and SIASL will be there. Alex is the one we're all hoping for and has the highest chance it ever got. HCW is the next song that could make it, since it used to be a live staple.
TLOTLDR, as much as I love it, was played once and got dropped. Deja Vu has never been played live, making it unlikely to join the ranks. Can't see them dusting off two never before played songs.
That leaves CSIT, which is incredibly difficult for Bruce and Nicko, and Sea Of Madness which was played live back then, but I'd rather have any other song on the album.

There are more new epics indicated, so I guess The Time Machine, since it fits the theme of the tour and the flow from Days of Future Past into Time Machine seems perfect as show opener.

I think The Time Machine is guaranteed. Like you said, it fits perfectly with the theme. Plus, it's a Gers/Harris song with acoustic guitars. Every album tour since BNW features one of those (Dream Of Mirrors, Dance Of Death, The Legacy, The Talisman, The Book Of Souls).

On one hand I'm pretty excited about this announcement and already dreaming of the songs I'd like to hear live.
If my dreams were to come true, CSIT, Stranger in a strange land and Alexander the great would be my obvious choices along with the classic Wasted Years and HCW.
Now on the other hand, trying to be more realistic, I'd say:
CSIT: I dont' see it happen because already back in 1986, Bruce was struggling with it (the chorus!!) and let's not talk about the drum parts that are incredibly tough. Unless they change a lot of things in it, play it slower...and I don't see Maiden do these kind of things, when they play a song, they stick as close as possible to the studio version (remember the Bayley period where there were no changes when it was obvious even to deaf ears ??)
WY: Since it as been played quite regularly and always gets a great reception, this one is a given
Sea of Madness: I love this song and really would like to see it back in the set-list since it was dropped once they've finished the Europe part of the somewhere on tour, so no plays since end of 1986. Would be a great surprise like Flight of Icarus was for the LOTB
Heaven can wait: It was played on a regular basis each tour until Bruce and Adrian came back in 2000. Then it has been way less played but its quite a "basic" song, not too hard to play or sing and with the singalong part, definitely a given as well
LOTLDR: Played once, never to be played again I'm afraid. Bruce already struggled a lot with it, way too hard to sing already back then, so chances are very low for it to be played nowadays
Stranger in a strange land: Played only during the somehwere on tour and then on the first 5 dates of the Ed Hunter tour in 1999 and dropped for...some "unknown" reasons. A chance for it to be played even if the chorus wouldn't be that easy to sing but lets say a fair chance
Deja-Vu: Maiden never ever played songs that weren't played on the album tours so I don't see it happen now 40 years in their career
Alexander the Great: The whole group is aware that this song has been requested by fans for years and years and Bruce talked about it some times during interviews how he'd love to sing it (and he often teased fans during Greek shows by singing a bit of the chorus). Now the question is: would the others guys be ok to learn and play it ? Because lets face it, its one thing to play Flight of Icarus (basic three chord song with a basic 4/4 rhythm) and this one...And for the same reasons as for Deja-Vu...ok, Im gonna give it 50% of chances to be played

Also, it's entirely possible that they do 2 different worlds/stage sets again.
It's possible. They can make some really cool futuristic backdrop for SIT realm or a Japanese castle for Senjutsu realm (like the one for the Cathedral set of LOTB tour).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back