The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Steve is all "Yeah, I bought this in the beginning of time, and I'm going to use it until the end of time".
The rig he's using is ancient. If it weren't for his roadies, none of it would be working in 2023. Fair play.

Regarding Maiden Chronicles - the most surprising thing is that Janick uses a stratocaster with single coils in El Dorado.

I still think people are reading far too much into Bruce's comments in the video.
It's highly unlikely to be a new album, it's not there style to tease / release new music when there still is another full year of the current tour to go.
Unless they are comfortable breaking there pattern of release new album/tour new album and are fine releasing one and playing the majority of the songs in 2025, but I don't see it.

My money is on a live album / blu ray of the current tour released before leg 2. it's always been said how regretful it was not recording the original tour , and with the amount of calls over the years to play songs from SIT Bruce obviously thinks fans will be excited they FINALLY have and we will all be thrilled to see the full show in it's glory documented and released.
Also saw a comment on a previous post that it will possibly have a theater release which would be interesting. (from another person that claimed to be in the know aha)
We know Bruce likes to tease us. And what about Nicko's comment? It's the same. It should be about a new album, but it could not be. It's just that the timing of the possible hint is odd. Also, they never released a live album/video from a tour after the 1st leg, if I'm not mistaken.
The new album could be recorded next year (start or end of the year) or in 2025 and released in 2025 at the earliest (''5 years plan'', SJ was supposed to be released 1 year earlier). The theater release is interesting, they had a similar idea for the release of SJ.
I agree with you that it's most likely not time for another album announcement just yet, but they kind of did that with Senjutsu in 2019 already, as Bruce teased with it on stage while they still had whole 2020 leg of the LOTB tour left ahead.
I had forgotten about that. Good call. The difference is that they had the album ready back then. I think it's mostly odd because they prefer to record their albums secretly as we know. Surely they have leftover songs from the SJ sessions.

I highly doubt that releasing new live album is equal to fans will be very happy. Knowing how the latest live album was produced... :D I still believe, Bruce hinted towards upcoming new album. To me, it's already given. It's a BIG hint incorporated in the latest band's video, and as we all know, Maiden loves these games as of lately. Only new album news will create Hype.

I highly doubt that releasing new live album is equal to fans will be very happy. Knowing how the latest live album was produced... :D I still believe, Bruce hinted towards upcoming new album. To me, it's already given. It's a BIG hint incorporated in the latest band's video, and as we all know, Maiden loves these games as of lately. Only new album news will create Hype.
I was very happy with the announcement of Nights Of The Dead (an official live version for an AMOLAD song!), but very unhappy with the final product :D

Maybe that Sandberg custom strat had noiseless single coils? Not uncommon. Fender has had those since the 90's in some guitars.
Highly probable. True Single coils are much more susceptible to pick up electrical interference as well and a stage is just the place to do that.

We know Bruce likes to tease us. And what about Nicko's comment? It's the same. It should be about a new album, but it could not be. It's just that the timing of the possible hint is odd. Also, they never released a live album/video from a tour after the 1st leg, if I'm not mistaken.
The new album could be recorded next year (start or end of the year) or in 2025 and released in 2025 at the earliest (''5 years plan'', SJ was supposed to be released 1 year earlier). The theater release is interesting, they had a similar idea for the release of SJ.

I had forgotten about that. Good call. The difference is that they had the album ready back then. I think it's mostly odd because they prefer to record their albums secretly as we know. Surely they have leftover songs from the SJ sessions.
IMHO, Bruce has already said in the past that they've booked a studio before cancelling that booking... But, I'm 100% sure that was a lie and that they've recorded another record in 2021 or at the beginning of 2022... The band members had plenty of time having ideas during the pandemic and the confinement that they had surely recorded them somewhere between late 2021 and early 2022.

IMHO, Bruce has already said in the past that they've booked a studio before cancelling that booking... But, I'm 100% sure that was a lie and that they've recorded another record in 2021 or at the beginning of 2022... The band members had plenty of time having ideas during the pandemic and the confinement that they had surely recorded them somewhere between late 2021 and early 2022.
I'd like that, but I very much doubt that. There was a lot of evidence for SNJ being recorded, not so much for the next one.

I think its a new album.
First they finish de tour in america and south america in 2024. Then they go to record and album,and my bets are that they are working on it at the moment,bringing ideas,and maybe writting the songs. The nicko health issues i think has acelerate all the process. Maybe he said one more album and then i quit,and they said of he quits we all retire.
So....finish the tour,new album tour and maybe....a last farewell tour? or maybe not.They said many times that they are not going to do a farewell tour.

Or Writting now.

I can see them booking a studio for the winter, going on tour beginning in March through SA, NA and some Euro shows and then announcing a new album for September of next year. We have to wait and see though.

I can see them booking a studio for the winter, going on tour beginning in March through SA, NA and some Euro shows and then announcing a new album for September of next year. We have to wait and see though.
The only thing is the bruce solo tour. But my thoughts are like yours. Its a new and last album

If there's one thing I learned from this band: don't get your hopes up with Bruce teases something. There's other signs for new music and they haven't emerged here. No reports of Iron Maiden being in the same location as Caveman, for example.

If there's one thing I learned from this band: don't get your hopes up with Bruce teases something. There's other signs for new music and they haven't emerged here. No reports of Iron Maiden being in the same location as Caveman, for example.
Not every time though. This tour, playing ATG, TWOTW campaign. And I think the album will probably be recorded next year. Plus they have plenty of material written for the SJ sessions as they said. Rod said he's looking forward to as many future tours as possible, and that means a new album is imminent. Especially with a 50th anniv coming up. They will want to celebrate it with something, right. Another thing - I think the whole point of the current tour (basically combining 2 tours) is also to skip the next Hits tour (if it was in the plans anyway) and jump right into a new album tour again (with maybe more deep cuts in the set like now). They are catching up now. And even if they do a Hits tour in let's say 2025/2025-2026, the next thing is a new album that should be recorded in 2026 at the latest. Unless they want to do a 90's era tour, or a Reunion era tour, or a whole Deep cuts set tour, but those options are not that likely compared to a new album, despite Steve's comment that they will focus on touring. Maybe their plans have changed.
^ This would be the most likely scenario imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back