The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a couple of days digestion of Bruce predicting
We’re going to happy…..

I keep coming back to new album. New MAIDEN album at that. Bruce is a confident guy, but telling us -the Maiden fans, that his solo album will be announced and make us happy? Nah.

Continuing the current tour in N.A, S.A,..anywhere? Already expecting if not holding breath for this. So again, Nah.

Live album,? …expecting. Changes to current setlist on 2nd leg… not making everyone …“happy”’

Plus the twinkle in his eye, that: “I got a whopper here, wait til you hear this!” Overall attitude? Very reminiscent of the Balthazar period of our lives. Some way some how…. New Maiden will make us happy. Man I hope I’m right….

Some fans will buy every gig of the tour, and its wrong for Maiden to exploit people like that who cant help themselves
Lol, you are joking right?

It’s not up to Maiden to be responsible for the spending habits of random fans. If someone has a problem spending too much money then what, Maiden should not sell something that 95% of their fan base not only want but can limit their spending to what they can afford.

Honestly some people just have this very strange view of what Maiden should or shouldn’t do, based mainly on some people building their whole life around the band and becoming too obsessed; which isn’t the bands fault at all and nor should they even think about this. People need to be responsible for themselves.

yt comment section is worse sometimes.
YouTube comments sections can be hilarious. You always have the different factions of Maiden fans commenting:

- the Maiden worshippers who claim that Maiden saved their lives (many);
- the 80s Maiden fans who think everything after Seventh Son is bloated and boring (a lot);
- the Di’Anno era Maiden fans who think Maiden went downhill after Paul left (some);
- the Maiden fans who absolutely love the dark Blaze era (a few).

Edit: And one more group of Maiden fans you'll always find in YouTube comments sections:

- the Janick haters, who to this day still claim Janick's guitar is unplugged. You would think that after all these years Janick would have figured out that the band was playing this trick on him. (Or else he doesn't care because he still gets paid and enjoys dancing.)

Last edited:
YouTube comments sections can be hilarious. You always have the different factions of Maiden fans commenting:

- the Maiden worshippers who claim
that Maiden saved their lives (many);
- the 80s Maiden fans who think everything after Seventh Son is bloated and boring (a lot);
- the Di’Anno era Maiden fans who think Maiden went downhill after Paul left (some);
- the Maiden fans who absolutely love the dark Blaze era (a few).
Absolutely... And I really love the dark Blaze era.
My favourite Maiden albums are Somewhere in Time & The X Factor, both on No.1!

Back to the topic: I wish that we would get a true live album and DVD/BluRay not mixed by Tony Newton and Steve Harris.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but there's too many folks out there with a sense of entitlement (not just some Maiden fans but in life in general) and if they don't get what they want (and much of the time with little or no effort, mind you) they bitch and whine and complain.
This is very true - people seem to have lost the ability to see anything but their own side of the argument, rather than debate a point they shut down other arguments. In short it’s the cancel culture. “I want” has morphed into “I need”. They think the world should be structured to suit them.

As some old codger once mumbled

“You dance on the graves who bled for us
Do you really think they'll come for us?
Knowledge and virtue, taken by lust
Live on the edge of those that you trust
You think that you have all the answers for all
In your arrogant way only one way to fall
Burning a lamp that is fire in your hands
Taking you further from these lands”

Did Steve not say touring is the priority now?
Yeah, but maybe they changed their plans. And if they are done with the Hits/History tours, the next tour should be an album tour. Or a deep cuts tour, or a hybrid tour again, but these options are not that likely methinks. A new album is the perfect way to celebrate your 50th anniv.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but there's too many folks out there with a sense of entitlement (not just some Maiden fans but in life in general) and if they don't get what they want (and much of the time with little or no effort, mind you) they bitch and whine and complain.
Eh, I can offer a different point of view. We all love Maiden and their music is obviously important to us on an emotional level. That doesn't change the simple fact that music is still a product and we are consumers. We aren't the friends and family of the band members, we are fans. In other words it is completely in our rights to be as entitled as we want. The band doesn't have to comply, but going after the fans for being entitled is the wrong approach in my opinion. It is not unreasonable to have certain wishes and hopes.

Edit: as for Maiden releasing soundboard recordings: Ain't gonna happen. For better or worse, Maiden sees that as a lower quality product and they don't want to "tarnish the brand" (insert jabs at NOTD sounding like garbage). They don't want to dilute their releases, so they'll only release official live albums. We might get a polished soundboard recording for a tour that didn't have better footage available, but other than that we'll only get officially recorded shows. I'm absolutely sure about that.

Last edited:
They don't want to dilute their releases, so they'll only release official live albums.

And in fairness to them, they've several classic official live albums and most of the others up to scratch, while bizarrely Metallica don't have a classic live album. Live shit was too over priced when it originally came out.

Eh, I can offer a different point of view. We all love Maiden and their music is obviously important to us on an emotional level. That doesn't change the simple fact that music is still a product and we are consumers. We aren't the friends and family of the band members, we are fans. In other words it is completely in our rights to be as entitled as we want. The band doesn't have to comply, but going after the fans for being entitled is the wrong approach in my opinion. It is not unreasonable to have certain wishes and hopes.

Edit: as for Maiden releasing soundboard recordings: Ain't gonna happen. For better or worse, Maiden sees that as a lower quality product and they don't want to "tarnish the brand" (insert jabs at NOTD sounding like garbage). They don't want to dilute their releases, so they'll only release official live albums. We might get a polished soundboard recoding for a tour that didn't have better footage available, but other than that we'll only get officially recorded shows. I'm absolutely sure about that.
Again my comment is more about the general populace and not just some Maiden fans. No it's not unreasonable at all to have certain hopes and wishes regarding Maiden, or whatever. I don't consider that entitlement. But if you go all Veruca Salt when you don't get your way is.

Again my comment is more about the general populace and not just some Maiden fans. No it's not unreasonable at all to have certain hopes and wishes regarding Maiden, or whatever. I don't consider that entitlement. But if you go all Veruca Salt when you don't get your way is.
This 100%.

It’s ok to have wants and expectations, we are paying customers after all and want bang for buck. It’s when people get all bat shit crazy slagging the band off if they don’t get their own way is what I define as entitlement.

I keep coming back to new album. New MAIDEN album at that. Bruce is a confident guy, but telling us -the Maiden fans, that his solo album will be announced and make us happy? Nah.

Plus the twinkle in his eye, that: “I got a whopper here, wait til you hear this!” Overall attitude? Very reminiscent of the Balthazar period of our lives. Some way some how…. New Maiden will make us happy. Man I hope I’m right….
I agree it has nothing to do with his solo album. Would be pretty tacky to promote your own stuff during a gig for your main job.

Or Maiden are releasing board games:

Maiden Monopoly
Four (string instrument players) in a Row
Guess The Song (excerpts sung by Bruce Dickinson. Batteries not included)

So nicko had a stroke? Well for me its ok his drumming,we have been speaking about this and bruce moves. We know them like if they were our family and in some way they are. So what a band cancer,hips,aquiles,stroke and they play even better than most of the bands of their age at the moment. What a band boys and girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back