The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 98 truly does suck, but we have to judge things according to their contexts. The 2015 remasters are mostly good in the context of the modern loudness standards, although some are better than others (the debut in particular, as ear screeching 2khz frequencies have been mitigated to the point where it sounds good, in contrast to the original). The Number of the Beast was utterly bombed though, and I'd prefer a middle ground between the original Piece of Mind and the 2015 remaster frequency balance wise.

Now that the first leg of the tour is finished is there a consensus best performance of the tour so far? I’m thinking it might have been Glasgow but the London shows were also good and the band seemed to have been pushing the tempos a bit.
Munich, Murcia.
In an ideal world, I think this would be the plan for next year.

January - Enter studio
Mid-late March - South American Tour
April - Short North American tour (like 2016 TBOS tour)
June-July - Album announcement & European tour hitting places they didn't hit this year
August - Bruce's solo album released
September - Iron Maiden solo album released
October-December - Bruce solo European tour
This is very likely, tbh. Especially if Maiden are done with the Hits tours (I think they are; they've found a new formula with the current tour). Recording between legs of a tour, like with SJ. But I think Maiden and Bruce won't release albums in the same year (so a Maiden album in 2025 for their anniv with a tour for it is more likely). Btw, the only way for Bruce to tour in the winter is if they record the album at the start of the year, although I'm not sure if 2 months (Jan-Feb, tour starts in late March and they rehearse for 1 month or so, although the set won't be new for them... if they don't change 2/3 songs) will be enough for them. More likely they will record the album in early 2025 (more time for promotional campaign too; winter of 2024 is for the live video from the tour) - IF Bruce will be touring in the winter. If not, then in the winter after the tour is more possible, methinks. He can release the solo album after Maiden's tour and do a short 2-month tour in the winter.
Hopefully that or for a 50th anniversary Eddie's Archive-type release
They have to mark it with something (new album?) and that's a great idea. One (or more) live videos from every tour would be so cool.

Given what Bruce said at the spoken word performance this year in Cologne I was rather expecting his new solo album this autumn and tour directly afterwards. Why not solo Album Release after Power Trip album and tour in January - beginning of february.
Maybe Maiden has the next album also already half finished in their pockets? I thought there where rumours they have recorded more already?

It does take around six months to get your records pressed though, so even if his record has just been finished and is mastered, there is at least 6 months before it can hit the shelves.

Last edited:
they should put soundboard bootlegs on their website. that would be sick.
Marillion does that for number of years (I bought concerts I attended), Springsteen is doing this at his current tour (I bought Vienna concert HD audio, great recording). I would be happy to pay 25 € for HD audio from concert I attended, current or past.

Maiden could have done this a long time ago if they wanted to. I doubt anything will change in that regard. It could possibly go in that direction after their retirement.

Maiden could have done this a long time ago if they wanted to. I doubt anything will change in that regard. It could possibly go in that direction after their retirement.
That might be the one possibility, after the band is no longer touring. Put some on their website for sale like Metallica. Then get accused of more money grubbing...

Last edited:
Maiden could be happily retired, their legacy secure, continuing to rake in the money forever from merchandise sales. But they continue to tour well into their 60s and release new music for us, the fans. And yet the complaints about them never end in this forum. Sad.

Now, I'm generally allergic to complaints myself, but this is one of the occassions I don't see any complaing but hopeful thinking.

That might be the one possibility, after the band is no longer touring. Put some on their website for sale like Metallica. Then get accused of more money grubbing...

Some fans will buy every gig of the tour, and its wrong for Maiden to exploit people like that who cant help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back