The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce's voice is so good on CSIT
Yep. Yesterday's show was really strong. The performances of CSIT, Alexander, Hell On Earth, Celts, HCW (watched only them) - all great.

Man, CSIT is such an amazing opener! Pure energy!

Adrian with improvised ''wild'' solos for Celts:

I was in the nosebleeds at Helsinki '18. Started out with earplugs, gave up on them pretty quickly because singing along was painful to listen to, enjoyed a wonderful cacophony of noises while falling asleep in the hotel later that night. I dunno about hearing damage since seeing Blade Runner 2049 in 2017 already left my ears ringing for the night, but it probably didn't help in my eventual development of tinnitus sometime in 2020.

If you want my advice, tinnitus isn't bad and your brain learns to filter it out pretty quickly so don't worry 'bout it. I'm legitimately a little hypersensitive to sounds from being exposed to some loud noises in early childhood and even I don't really have trouble with tinnitus. Occasionally I remember it's there, but most of the time I do not.

mm i duno on some days my tinnitus is worse and its very annoying. On some days its barely audible and its bliss in comparison.

Sounds like you have a mild case and if i were you i would wear plugs at shows so it doesn't get any worse. I'd say mines moderate most of the time and is audible while listening to radio/tv.

A good friend of mine went to Wacken and it's her first time this year. She had quite the bad luck over the years, with her first Rock am Ring festival getting one of the days (with a bunch of bands she wanted to she) cancelled due to a storm. Was worried that she might have bad luck again, but she made it thankfully and is enjoying the first concerts.

This whole Wacken thing is extraordinary. I've never heard of a festival telling people who've paid for tickets to stay home. I wonder what percentage of capacity they're running at.
Apparently they told people not to come, but some did anyway and they are now the ones who are at the festival. The people who listened are the ones who have to stay at home.

Dare I say celts>clansman?
Live? Well, Clansman has more crowd participation with its chorus and calm middle part. I like both songs live - the ''fairy tale'' vibe of Celts and its unique instrumental section, and Clansman was written to be a live classic.

Studio? Again, both are very good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back