The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden's shows don't work well in outdoor environments and that always bugged me when I lived in Atlanta. They always played Lakewood Amphitheater and the sound and loss of atmosphere stunk. We don't really get loads of metal music festivals in the states... too much EDM, country and pop crap like Ultra, EDC and Coachella. Don't get me wrong, back in the day, those edm festivals had amazing music but that was 15+ years ago. I always had to travel to see a good setting with them. Charlotte 2012 was outside too. I love Sunrise and Tampa as you can see by my sig, it's my goto spot for them lol

Same where I live, Maiden always plays at the Jiffy Lube Live Amphitheater in Bristow, VA. But last year they played at the Capital One Arena in Washington DC for the first time.
The amphitheater in Bristow is not bad and has great sound even on the lawn, but I preferred the atmosphere indoors in DC.

How many tickets do they put out? Maiden is so common I would not be surprised if they end up playing Glastonbury. They are already doing that big festival in the US this year
No chance of Maiden playing Glastonbury, Download is the only UK festival they'd consider now as its the only dedicated rock/metal festival. They won't even play Reading and Leeds anymore.

Let's hope so. It will tie in nicely with the band's 50th anniv. I guess early 2024 is possible for recordings (release in 2025... or 2026), although Steve said they will be focusing on touring now. I think they will do a 4-month tour next year, TFP. And I still think they will want to celebrate their anniv with a classic Hits tour (hopefully with more rare songs in the set).
I think it will mirror the recording on Senjutsu in 2019. Record in the winter of 2024 in Paris.

Festivals that sell out before the line up is even announced should be a real no no for Maiden. Whatever about something like Hellfest that is dedicated to metal, Glastonbury will have very few metal fans at it, and by the time Maiden would be announced the tickets would be gone and fans would have no way to get them for what would likely be a sole UK gig. It would be a real kick in the teeth for fans.

Festivals that sell out before the line up is even announced should be a real no no for Maiden. Whatever about something like Hellfest that is dedicated to metal, Glastonbury will have very few metal fans at it, and by the time Maiden would be announced the tickets would be gone and fans would have no way to get them for what would likely be a sole UK gig. It would be a real kick in the teeth for fans.

What about Wacken then?

On a related note, skipping the UK on the Ed Hunter tour was a real kick in the teeth for fans and that didn't stop them.

What about Wacken then?

I covered that with the Hellfest comment, basically, I'm not a fan of Maiden doing these sort of gigs but at least they are dedicated to Metal so you can count on there probably being a significant amount of Maiden fans among those who bought tickets before it was announced Maiden were playing.

Glasto, I doubt many metal fans go, saying that, Metallica did get a decent enough reaction from the crowd and they were familiar enough with the material to sing a long to The Memory Remains

The chance to see Maiden at Glasto would be a dream but I don't think it's ever happening. Bruce doesn't get it, plus they'd more than likely have to accept a lower slot and lower pay than usual.

Do the band tend to arrive at shows minutes before going onstage?

I always assumed bands playing at the 02 stayed at the intercontinental hotel next store but i must be wrong!

I covered that with the Hellfest comment, basically, I'm not a fan of Maiden doing these sort of gigs but at least they are dedicated to Metal so you can count on there probably being a significant amount of Maiden fans among those who bought tickets before it was announced Maiden were playing.

Glasto, I doubt many metal fans go, saying that, Metallica did get a decent enough reaction from the crowd and they were familiar enough with the material to sing a long to The Memory Remains
God that was so good when Metallica did ‘Memory Remains’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back