The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now that week has gone by from my Maiden concert, I thought I'll do some recap from concert and what I have read in this forum.
First, I'm glad that I managed to stay spoiler free for my concert. I didn't know where the set was going, what's next and that was awesome experience. Yes, there were songs that were guaranteed (HoE, Stranger, etc), but still there were some nice surprises, that I wouldn't have guessed (Prisoner).
But even more importantly, I'm very glad that I didn't read the comments here. Nicko can't play, H messing up solos, backdrops suck, stage design is weak and lame, setlist is not exciting, Celts is boring song, even though they haven't been played long time change Can I play with Madness and Prisoner in fact change whole setlist, why aren't they playing Futureal because it was so obious from tour poster and so on and so on. Huh, pretty depressing stuff. If I had read the comments before the show, I might have thought I'm going to see Maiden in shambless.
But, no, it was upmost pleasent concert experience. Toptier show and setlist. Concert is about enjoyment, even more so If you know it might be the last one (I admit, got teary eyed during Wasted Years) I didn't have time nor focus to pinpoint how many mistakes some band member did or does this backdrops suits the song or not. It was just being in moment and enjoying Alexander etc. Poland has crazy fans, Bruce said the best audience so far. Yes, it's always a little cheering the crowd up speech, but I think he really meant what he said. Glad I made the trip to Poland.
What's also interesting is the speculations before the tour. I was looking some older posts before the show and I would like to point out Azas who mentioned that they won't play Beast, Hallowed nor Hills but might play Prisoner instead. Some were certain that Hallowed shall remain in the setlist forever and ever. Some were very keen on Futureal being included (like why, based on aine resemblance on poster?). All in all some very strong certainties were claimed, that in the end turned out to be not so certain, so I guess Maiden can surprise us.
In conclusion, I think some fans have been to so many concerts (or seen to many videos) that they don't know how to appreciate our beloved Maiden's concert experience. No matter what Maiden plays or does, they are still unsatisfied. But Maiden concert is experience like no other so let's enjoy the moment while we still can!

So then. What do people think to this. Been a fan since powerslave and have seen em on every tour since including the somewhere in time tour at the 3,000 seater concert hall in my town of nottingham in 1986. I couldn’t get a ticket when this yiur went on sale,but I’ve now bought one from “twickets” at face value. Clearly it’s the sellers name on the ticket,but the paperwork that’s come with the ticket says resale allowed on twickets so hopefully I’ll get in. The arena box office think it’ll be ok as long as I still have the email from the seller which I do have. I’ll be gutted if turned away. Leeds have got some seats for sale on live nation if anyone is interested

I've never seen anyone inspect what's written on a ticket when I've been going into a gig, so I'd think you should be ok.

Okay, now that week has gone by from my Maiden concert, I thought I'll do some recap from concert and what I have read in this forum.
First, I'm glad that I managed to stay spoiler free for my concert. I didn't know where the set was going, what's next and that was awesome experience. Yes, there were songs that were guaranteed (HoE, Stranger, etc), but still there were some nice surprises, that I wouldn't have guessed (Prisoner).
But even more importantly, I'm very glad that I didn't read the comments here. Nicko can't play, H messing up solos, backdrops suck, stage design is weak and lame, setlist is not exciting, Celts is boring song, even though they haven't been played long time change Can I play with Madness and Prisoner in fact change whole setlist, why aren't they playing Futureal because it was so obious from tour poster and so on and so on. Huh, pretty depressing stuff. If I had read the comments before the show, I might have thought I'm going to see Maiden in shambless.
But, no, it was upmost pleasent concert experience. Toptier show and setlist. Concert is about enjoyment, even more so If you know it might be the last one (I admit, got teary eyed during Wasted Years) I didn't have time nor focus to pinpoint how many mistakes some band member did or does this backdrops suits the song or not. It was just being in moment and enjoying Alexander etc. Poland has crazy fans, Bruce said the best audience so far. Yes, it's always a little cheering the crowd up speech, but I think he really meant what he said. Glad I made the trip to Poland.
What's also interesting is the speculations before the tour. I was looking some older posts before the show and I would like to point out Azas who mentioned that they won't play Beast, Hallowed nor Hills but might play Prisoner instead. Some were certain that Hallowed shall remain in the setlist forever and ever. Some were very keen on Futureal being included (like why, based on aine resemblance on poster?). All in all some very strong certainties were claimed, that in the end turned out to be not so certain, so I guess Maiden can surprise us.
In conclusion, I think some fans have been to so many concerts (or seen to many videos) that they don't know how to appreciate our beloved Maiden's concert experience. No matter what Maiden plays or does, they are still unsatisfied. But Maiden concert is experience like no other so let's enjoy the moment while we still can!

I think I may have been the one you saw that mentioned H fucking up the Alexander solo.

I think it was a legitimate comment for me to make, the video is posted here, https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-future-past-tour-2023.72190/post-1008874 , you can skip forward to Alexander and see what I was talking about

I wasn't having a go at the band or making a big deal out of it, but it was a relatively significant moment, and as I had been avoiding spoilers, I had no idea how often or not this happened, and that particular solo has been a talking point since before the album was even released!

I think most people would agree that my track record on this forum would put me squarely in the "fan boy" category, so I don't think I was out of order talking about this incident.

Concert is about enjoyment, even more so If you know it might be the last one (I admit, got teary eyed during Wasted Years)
Same for me. In particular first night in Tampere. Wasted Years has been very emotional this year and it has felt like a thank you and goodbye from the band. The event shirts on the screens added to that feeling, and I spoke to other fans who felt the same.

I think I may have been the one you saw that mentioned H fucking up the Alexander solo.
Only time they have messed up Alexander this year? I am convinced they rehearsed Alexander more than any other songs, because it has sounded really good and been very tight from the first night, while other songs took a few shows to settle.

Does anybody know what recording of the Blade Runner theme it is they're using? It's not from the movie soundtrack as far as I can tell, but I also think it's the same version used back in 1986/87.

Does anybody know what recording of the Blade Runner theme it is they're using? It's not from the movie soundtrack as far as I can tell, but I also think it's the same version used back in 1986/87.

Yep, it is the same version, I'm not familiar with Blade Runner enough but I presume the clock ticking is something Maiden have added???

I think it might be a mix of Main Title and End Title from the New American Orchestra version. It sounds like it starts with the beginning of the first one and crossfades into a part of the latter.

I think it might be a mix of Main Title and End Title from the New American Orchestra version. It sounds like it starts with the beginning of the first one and crossfades into a part of the latter.

That sounds about right, thank you. I didn't know this orchestral recording existed, despite Blade Runner being one of my favourite film soundtracks. Shame on me. -_-

With Maiden, you know that the setlist will never be ''weak'' and that they can always find a way to surprise you. But with so many great songs they have, it's something normal. Maiden concert is experience like no other - without any doubt!
Same for me. In particular first night in Tampere. Wasted Years has been very emotional this year and it has felt like a thank you and goodbye from the band. The event shirts on the screens added to that feeling, and I spoke to other fans who felt the same.
Even more so when Bruce says: ''Every show is the best day of our lives''. Though, it's fitting for Wasted Years and now they have the screens for that.

Edit: it's so odd watching Bruce so static on stage.

Epic theme.

Last edited:

IIRC they initially used this version rather than the Vangelis original because that was stuck in copyright hell of some sort back in the 80s, so the NAO version was the only one available. Funny how they stuck with it, also funny that they're using the early tour version of it - the tape intro used in '87 is a little longer and ends differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back