The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope for a live release of this tour. I don't have any tickets, but I'm hoping for a second run next year, and they will play Gothenburg or Stockholm. This is, I think, the coolest tour since 2008/2009.

I really hope for a live release of this tour. I don't have any tickets, but I'm hoping for a second run next year, and they will play Gothenburg or Stockholm. This is, I think, the coolest tour since 2008/2009.
live albums releases are almost regular since brave new world. since then, the only tour that didnt have a official release was amolad one.

this current tour was highly anticipated and hyped, so i think they will definitely release it on cd and vinyl IMO.

i just hope they choose a show with the band in good shape this time. and also with a mix that does not make a real dead one sound fantastic.

I'll drop Fear of the Dark, The Trooper, Writing on the Wall, Days of Future past and Death of the Celts and I would put Killers, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Total Eclipse and I'll drop Hell on Earth from the Encore, it's not its place.
The Writing on the Wall will NOT be dropped, because I want to hear it live in 2024. It’s a great song with a transcendent Adrian solo, and I didn’t get to see it on the last tour.

The keys are really loud during CIPWM (like they were for Red And The Black). Also, during Hell On Earth.

Edit: they are too loud imo, unlike in 2016/2017. For Hell On Earth are good.

Last edited:
The Writing on the Wall will NOT be dropped, because I want to hear it live in 2024. It’s a great song with a transcendent Adrian solo, and I didn’t get to see it on the last tour.

While I have no idea why anyone think it would be dropped in the first place, I just can't get over this reasoning. They will play a song because you want to hear it and didn't get to hear it yet? Who are you?

So we are 3 shows in and these are my thoughts so far:

I really like the setlist, Prisoner and CIPWM were unexpected, Madness being a curious choice. Personally I was hoping they would play Parchment over DOTC but I think it sounds great live and will be happy to see it. But I am concerned how it will go over with American audiences as we weren't too keen on FTGGOG for LOTB. They are playing the 5 SiT songs I would have chosen so very pleased with that.

So happy to hear songs like CSIT, SSIASL again and can we talk about how majestic ATG is sounding? Saw vid of the 2nd night in Prague and they fucking nailed it. Bruce was amazing on it. Hell on Earth is a definite highlight for me

I love the stage show and the addition of the video screens, definitely add to it. I'm glad they opted to not go with a different worlds theme again nor try to "out do" the LOTB show. Glad there was no SiT inflatables and such. I like the more scaled down approach here. Even Bruce not wearing the Trooper costume and waving the Union Jack this time was refreshing in a way.

Hell on Earth is a definite highlight for me.
IMO, I was soooo disappointed hearing Hell on Earth live the first opening night in Ljubljana. I did not like the backdrop, the visuals, and pyro was out of specifical order during the song. What I was literally shocked was that Janick played almost 90% of HoE melodies, while Adrian had chorus melody and the same melody right before, along with Janick. When we were discussing who plays what in HOE back when the record was released, most people me included thought that most of melodies were Adrian, and Janick supports.
Also, the atmosphere was not as I thought it would be. Not to mention Nicko screwing up rhythm section right after the chorus (before Dave’s solo). And that outro melody was fucked up by Janick. God I almost regretted going on the opening night

What I was literally shocked was that Janick played almost 90% of HoE melodies, while Adrian had chorus melody and the same melody right before, along with Janick. When we were discussing who plays what in HOE back when the record was released, most people me included thought that most of melodies were Adrian, and Janick supports.

Well, you were wrong to think that. Janick plays the vast majority of the lead melodies in Steve's songs, pretty much always has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back