The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And after that, all we heard about is "Bruce sounded so much better in 2018, what happened" in 2019. Then that picked up even more traction during the first 10 shows during the last leg (until he improved); I seem to recall you being one of them. :D

Yep, the decline was pretty evident (to anyone who is not deaf). :p

Thankfully he seems to be singing better on this tour.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree with Brucey. I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but apart from a few tracks; Senjutsu is just totally uninteresting and uninspired to my ears, to the point that I can't even listen to Senjutsu in its entirety without totally losing attention. 1999 - 2011 is the golden era to me. I know we shouldn't compare everything; but how on earth someone could listen to Paschendale or Thin Line Between Love and Hate, then listen to equal length songs on Senjutsu and say that it's one of the best albums they've ever done is just totally beyond my comprehension.
I like senjutsu other than the title track which is so boring and their worst opening live song ever

The British Lion gig here in Hannover the day before the Maiden show got cancelled. Did this happen to other BL gigs too? No further explanation was given expect for "due to organizatoric matters", which usually means poor ticket presales. Any info anybody?

I noticed that Adrian plays both melodies in the ATG intro, both the clean and the overdriven parts. It would sound smoother if a second guitar took over the overdriven melody wouldn't it? (This was just to offload the complaints from Nicko's shoulders LOL).

Well, clearly Maiden listened to the fans’ demands to pull out these harder rare songs. Maybe they will listen to the fans again and never do that again or stop altogether

Reactions: Yax
Don't wanna keep pounding the guy but I'm skeptical, even on mid-tempo stuff like SIASSL he's skipping over them. Maybe he just didn't do his homework :lol:

Either way these are minor details in the grand scheme of things and I'm very much looking forward to the UK shows
He's old and he's trying to preserve himself as best he can to get through the shows

Even in that Drum Tour video they released today, he sounded old. Like his voice just seemed a lot older than what I'm used to hearing from Nicko. I know he is 71, but it's always a shock when you realise your musical heroes aren't immortal or invincible.

I remember talk back in 2014 when I first saw Maiden about how he might not have long left in the band because of how slow Aces High sounded. I'm grateful we've had another decade out of them honestly.

Even in that Drum Tour video they released today, he sounded old. Like his voice just seemed a lot older than what I'm used to hearing from Nicko. I know he is 71, but it's always a shock when you realise your musical heroes aren't immortal or invincible.

I remember talk back in 2014 when I first saw Maiden about how he might not have long left in the band because of how slow Aces High sounded. I'm grateful we've had another decade out of them honestly.
Not only is he 71, but he has arthritis and is a laryngeal cancer survivor.

I think it's remarkable how well he and Bruce have aged, especially considering all they've been through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back