The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or simply... The lights were programmed to original track.

Mind you that lights and performances knly merge during production rehearsals.
You wouldn't program an entire show based off of the original tracks without tweaking during/after the rehearsals though. That would be really, really sketchy. They definitely could have done some pre-designing to the studio tracks though.

You wouldn't program an entire show based off of the original tracks without tweaking after the rehearsals though.
That's true. But sometimes you can't do it all. Especially if a song was changed.

The other two explanations are that:
a) They just left it because they liked it.

b) Nicko fucked up that part too.

SIASL Eddie was weird in a sense that he appeared and disappeard in a couple of seconds, I have barely seen him (I was on Steve's side).
I wonder if there were some first show problems with it. Today we shall know.
Isn’t the walk-on Stranger Eddie the same one that also came out for Heaven Can Wait? I figured they just draped a coat around him.

@Luisma (writer of some very good books about Iron Maiden and with lots of sources) tweeted that originally Sea of Madness was going to be played but it got dropped at some point.

He also said that 'Arry went to the drum riser and shouted some nasty words to Nicko at one point due to the recurring errors :D

That's true. But sometimes you can't do it all. Especially if a song was changed.

The other two explanations are that:
a) They just left it because they liked it.

b) Nicko fucked up that part too.
The reason why I think it was planned and entirely deliberate was that nobody (and especially not a certain bassist) went to see what was up or tell him off for botching a part even though it definitely would've thrown them off if they didn't know it was coming.

I don't usually say this but since I am also getting old, I can relate to not being able to perform that good! :)

If they're going to bring back a short 90s rocker, I'd rather get Be Quick or Be Dead than Futureal. It might not fit the theme as well, but it's a better song.
I prefer Be Quick or Be Dead as a song, but Futureal would be ideal as it's as straightforward as you can get drumming-wise for Nicko. I don't even remember if he even touches the toms on that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back