The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i dont expect any changes.... a few changes on the setlist were made in all iron maiden history. But who knows... i really hope if they made a change would be OTGDY and not a classic song.

I think the thing about the trooper this tour is that it can be changed out for a more 'rare' song, if a song like CSIT proves to be too hard in the length, so that we still get a 'interesting' song to replace for instance CSIT

I think the thing about the trooper this tour is that it can be changed out for a more 'rare' song, if a song like CSIT proves to be too hard in the length, so that we still get a 'interesting' song to replace for instance CSIT
What I hope even if they replace CSIT is that they bring it back when the concert is being filmed

Also, what is interesting is there is 0 props on Trooper. No jacket, no flag. Just the backdrop. Was the song an afterthought and replaced another one?
If I had to guess, Hallowed got dropped for being too vocally demanding in that spot and the show being decently lengthy already. Or it could've been as simple as Bruce felt like the jacket and flag are a little played out. If it was a late addition it could explain why Nicko played it a little simplified too - maybe he needs a little extra rehearsal time to get the tom rolls fast enough that he feels confident in playing them.

If I had to guess, Hallowed got dropped for being too vocally demanding in that spot and the show being decently lengthy already. Or it could've been as simple as Bruce felt like the jacket and flag are a little played out. If it was a late addition it could explain why Nicko played it a little simplified too - maybe he needs a little extra rehearsal time to get the tom rolls fast enough that he feels confident in playing them.

You are making The Trooper sound like a song that rarely gets played and requires extra rehearsals! :lol:

It can be music, sports, or whatever everything can be perfect and fans will still nitpick and complain about something. It's the Nature of the Beast.

Also, they know their first gigs will wind up all over social media now so I would think the attitude would be to get things as right as possible from the start.

You are making The Trooper sound like a song that rarely gets played and requires extra rehearsals! :lol:
It doesn't, in practice, which is why it could be a late addition, buuuuut Nicko's hands aren't as fast as they used to be so something as relatively simple as a tom roll might actually be surprisingly demanding to pull off consistently without some practice first. Or he might've given up on it entirely since he knows he might mess up.

Obviously he didn't drop it because it sounded better that way so there's a reason for it, the question is if it's just age or age + the song being added late.

With the talk of Nicko simplifying drum beats. I noticed that the lighting in CSIT looks like it had been cued for the original fills. So he must have at least performed them during rehearsals to at least an acceptable level for them to program the lighting for it. Is it just a case of first night nerves?

Wow, excellent spot

Now I’m thinking it was nerves and not planned. Which is good!
I’m really eager to see how this next show goes. More than ever (for multiple reasons)

With the talk of Nicko simplifying drum beats. I noticed that the lighting in CSIT looks like it had been cued for the original fills. So he must have at least performed them during rehearsals to at least an acceptable level for them to program the lighting for it. Is it just a case of first night nerves?

Or simply... The lights were programmed to original track.

Mind you that lights and performances knly merge during production rehearsals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back