The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they sound better when they just rock. Trying to time keep for "progressive" parts just kills the mood for me. Especially in the new songs, maybe also all of the songs in the set, they seem they are just trying not to lose the count instead of just getting into the groove! And yes, Nicko whom I love dearly is the main cause of that in my opinion. Great song selection none-the-less.

When Nicko is done, the band is done (touring at least).
You are talking about a band that never hesitates to replace key members such as the frontman or one of the main songwriters. The band is arguably at the hight of their popularity and with five members performing at the top of their game (just look at Bruce for gods sake, the man is good to go for at least another 15 years) Joe Lazarus will be a energetic addition in a few years time ;) You can really tell that Nicko needs to re-arrange the songs to accommodate him at this point while Lazarus was rehearsing the SiT material earlier this year. The writings on the wall!

Last edited:
I still can't believe we witnessed ATG.

I'm really sad about Parchment though. It's my next wish now that after ATG was played. I hope we will see another scenario like TOAC/TGU.

Am I the only one who dont like new artworks? They look like they are generated in AI tool :D

Alex artwork is copy paste of Clansman and HoE is crossover between Day After Tomorrow movie poster and Sabaton New York merch.
HoE would be better with artwork in style of WTWWB
I'm with you dude. They're lame and childish and I agree it looks like generated by AI some of them even the caught somewhere in time backdrop. Well I'm dissapointed with the stage and lightning design. I knew that they would be tight pocket with it. But I hoped something taken from 86 tour.

Am I the only one who dont like new artworks? They look like they are generated in AI tool :D

Alex artwork is copy paste of Clansman and HoE is crossover between Day After Tomorrow movie poster and Sabaton New York merch.
HoE would be better with artwork in style of WTWWB
I dont like the thing that covers the amps. The rest is cool. Its good idea a futuristic street but could be more detailed

The artwork for Death Of The Celts is badass and FOTD is quite fun as well, but any not featuring Eddie really have that AI generated feel. What the hell is the Prisoner artwork even supposed to tell us/how does it connect to the song?

I hope the inevitable event shirts are going to be better this time. Germany's 2022 shirt was so ugly that I couldn't bring myself to pay so much money for that.

I personally don't think we could have hoped for a better set. There isn't a duff song in there and judging by the clips I've seen, it seems to flow very well.

They promised 5 for 5 and delivered it. Can't really argue with that. And for them to take that risk by dropping the 'big 3' from NOTB should be praiseworthy.

However, I do think that Madness (Can I) seems out of place and could have been substituted for Madness (Sea of) or, as some have suggested, Futureal which would fit the futuristic vibe a little more. And while DOTC is a great song, it is a slow one and did appear to lose the audience by some accounts. If any song is likely to get swapped out it's that. Perhaps for Stratego or Senjutsu.

I'm confident that those first gig hiccups will have been sorted by the time they hit my shores and if any set changes are to be had over the next couple of months, they don't include Darkest Hour.

Either way, it's still one of the strongest sets they've had in years and with them finally adding ATG, is also historic.

I'm really sad about Parchment though. It's my next wish now that after ATG was played...

Maybe they want there to be another song on many fans' wish list for future tours? I think "Death of the Celts" was their social/political commentary this time where "Blood Brothers" is not played.

You are talking about a band that never hesitates to replace key members such as the frontman or one of the main songwriters. The band is arguably at the hight of their popularity and with five members performing at the top of their game (just look at Bruce for gods sake, the man is good to go for at least another 15 years) Joe Lazarus will be a energetic addition in a few years time ;) You can really tell that Nicko needs to re-arrange the songs to accommodate him at this point while Lazarus was rehearsing the SiT material earlier this year. The writings on the wall!
I am talking about a band that hasn't changed in almost a quarter of a century. You are talking about the ancient past (which suits the theme I suppose ;)). I don't think that logic would apply for this generation. Certainly not when you add their respective ages into the argument. The ones that have any interest or ambition to continue to be on the stage already have explored those venues. If Nicko suddenly wouldn't be able to perform during a tour or other contracted duties, they would surely get someone to fill in. As a member of a new Iron Maiden lineup? I just can't imagine that at all.

I dont like the thing that covers the amps.
They're cheap backdrop that I think they have been used since Dance of Death Tour or Give me Ed tour.
If you compare the design of Somewhere on tour or Seventh Tour they had many more elements that made you think that hey it's very well worked stage design

What the hell is the Prisoner artwork even supposed to tell us/how does it connect to the song?
That artwork is connected to Prisoner TV show, I guess they open AI tool and search Prisoner TV show and they got generated artwork in DoD album cover quality :D

The artwork for Death Of The Celts is badass and FOTD is quite fun as well, but any not featuring Eddie really have that AI generated feel. What the hell is the Prisoner artwork even supposed to tell us/how does it connect to the song?

I hope the inevitable event shirts are going to be better this time. Germany's 2022 shirt was so ugly that I couldn't bring myself to pay so much money for that.
The Prisoner was filmed at Portmeirion, the artwork is the village itself.

The TV show. I do agree that the painting coverinh the amps can be quite lazy but that’s just how it is for 20 years, and at least I found it beautiful. As for the artworks, really liked most of them tbf. The digital screens at the sides fit perfectly, Wasted Years was poignant with the many different event arts.

Attachments

• 086D6F2F-70CE-4A49-96CF-E59F621A2F1F.jpeg
    086D6F2F-70CE-4A49-96CF-E59F621A2F1F.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10
  • C32A6BC5-B20A-4183-9BE8-867803280E86.jpeg
    C32A6BC5-B20A-4183-9BE8-867803280E86.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
I am talking about a band that hasn't changed in almost a quarter of a century. You are talking about the ancient past (which suits the theme I suppose ;)). I don't think that logic would apply for this generation. Certainly not when you add their respective ages into the argument. The ones that have any interest or ambition to continue to be on the stage already have explored those venues. If Nicko suddenly wouldn't be able to perform during a tour or other contracted duties, they would surely get someone to fill in. As a member of a new Iron Maiden lineup? I just can't imagine that at all.
Past or present doesn't really matter, it would make more sense for Maiden to fold in 1989 or 1994 than now. Touring member or official member is besides the point, you said the band was done touring if Nicko quits/stops touring, but Maiden won't stop if Nicko does!

The prisoner artwork its about the Tv series from 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back