The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Tomorrow because 'tomorrow' is the future. Or something.
I've often thought it would be cool if Maiden could do what Metallica does with their setlists. But the downside to what Metallica does if you do only get to see them once and you get a meh (for you) setlist. I was going to see Metallica several years ago at a stadium show and ultimately opted to save the $200 and not go. I saw the setlist that they played and was happy I didn't go.

I would have to find a way to get to multiple Maiden shows if they switched up their setlists. I would hate knowing they didn't play ATG at the show I went to but they played it next show, lol.
What they were trying at the start of the Final Frontier tour in 2010 where Dance of Death and Paschendale alternated in Slot #5 would have been neat if they kept with it. I'm not suggesting a blank slate for the set each night (because even Metallica doesn't do that), but maybe one or two slots in the setlist that alternate.

For instance, the original LotB tour could've alternated The Clansman / Afraid to Shoot Strangers / These Colours Don't Run in Slot 4 and The Wicker Man / Rainmaker / Different World in Slot 8

Brave New World + Somewhere in Time would have been the best combination of a classic album and a reunion album! The Senjutsu/SiT combination isn't working for me...

they could have done Maiden England as a Seventh Son and SIT tour and that would have been the coolest thing.... but, yet again a missed opportunity. I get they were doing it around their concert release from 1988 but they didn't do Infinite Dreams or Killers or Still Life which irks me to this day...

I can't wait for the tour shirts to come out. The SIT artwork is my favorite and there's loads of old shirt work from 86-87 they could do like the alexander the great eddie and Christmas SIT eddie if they get around there. Money will be spent lol

I hadn't looked at the tour poster in depth. If I had, I would have thought that those ruined buildings looked a little like something off the TFF cover, not VXI.

I call horse shit on the VXI reference. More than willing to join the Hat Eating Brigade if I'm wrong, obvs.

I dig the tits out of Futureal, would be fun to hear it, a tonic to the mostly boring Senjutsu material :rocker:

trooper followed by darkest hour. Encore, hell on earth, heaven can wait, days of future past.
Ending the show with a new song is not a common thing for Maiden. Hell On Earth's outro is not fitting for this, the only new song that has a chance to be in this position. You need a song that ends with a bang so the band can extend it (like DOFP though).
Okay? Every single song on the album is live-ready. Maybe all except for “Hell on Earth”.
I meant a bit more live-ready song than Parchment. Hell On Earth will also work great imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back