The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way an album is recorded. Maiden nerds would have discovered it much like they always do.

People are reading too much into what Bruce said, they always have future plans, I don't think they've ever took time off since the reunion bar for cancer and the pandemic, so something was obviously going to be coming next in the immediate future. Logically, more tour dates most likely, especially in the context of a video announcing the end of what was explicitly called the first part of the tour in that same video. Again, in the context of that video, a forthcoming live album would also be something that would make sense to hint at.

Anything more momentous than those two options have a very slim likelihood.

Hinting that the fans gonna like the next leg of the tour is anticlimatic. We all know tour is not over. Bruce definitely meant something more than that. It's either Live album or new album. I am leaning towards new studio album. The way he hinted of something, the wording... By the way, maybe this time they recorded new album not in Europe, but somewhere near Bahamas. I guess, there's more Beach Boys fans out there than Maiden nerds. I say, NEW IRON MAIDEN STUDIO ALBUM IS COMING, brace yorself and prepare to enjoy it.

Whatever happens, Hell On Earth and Alexander will stay in the set.

Maybe they go balls out on production and play stadiums next year (Rammstein style, with a different set). But I think those 2 will still be played, in any case.

The only way Maiden plays stadiums in the USA is to bring bands like Priest, Megadeth or Pantera. Otherwise, they'll have to stick with playing large arenas and large amphitheaters like in previous tours.

Steve will be playing with British Lion at Monsters of Rock Cruise 2024 in early March. Maybe Nicko play a couple of songs with Pat Travers and Adrian with Richie Kotzen. Great line up btw

morc2024.png

My prediction is a setlist change and probably a live album.

Wishful thinking I know, but I would love if they played SIT in full.
Drop The Time Machine and Death of the Celts, and then they have enough time to squeeze the remaning 3 SIT songs to the setlist.
This way we would still have 3 Senjutsu songs, the more popular ones. Hell on Earth is an obvious centerpiece, it has to stay, but I doubt too many people would be upset to see DOTC getting dropped.

My prediction is a setlist change and probably a live album.

Wishful thinking I know, but I would love if they played SIT in full.
Drop The Time Machine and Death of the Celts, and then they have enough time to squeeze the remaning 3 SIT songs to the setlist.
This way we would still have 3 Senjutsu songs, the more popular ones. Hell on Earth is an obvious centerpiece, it has to stay, but I doubt too many people would be upset to see DOTC getting dropped.
Steve Harris does not like this!

No way Maiden records, anew album in early 2024. Steve's, goingto tour UK in january.
Steve will be playing with British Lion at Monsters of Rock Cruise 2024 in early March.
So then they will record it after the tour next year (in the winter like TBOS) for a 2025 release. That's the perfect time period methinks, unless they want to do a Hits tour in 2025, but I don't expect another 3-year legs tours. I think the current will be only 2 years too.

Bruce and Nicko's comments should about something big - and that's only a new album. I mean, we all expect live video/album from the tour to be released next year after it ends. I doubt they've already recorded an album and kept it in the valut for 3 years.

The schedule is busy, especially for Bruce and I think he will probably release his new solo album next year, but won't tour it until 2025 (I guess Maiden will be touring in the summer then and he will have plenty of time to do a tour earlier in the year). If he will be busy with Maiden in the winter next year, the best would be to release it early next year before the start of the Maiden tour. Solo album in 2024, Maiden album in 2025 (like in 2005 and 2006). That's it.

So then they will record it after the tour next year (in the winter like TBOS) for a 2025 release. That's the perfect time period methinks, unless they want to do a Hits tour in 2025, but I don't expect another 3-year legs tours. I think the current will be only 2 years too.

Bruce and Nicko's comments should about something big - and that's only a new album. I mean, we all expect live video/album from the tour to be released next year after it ends. I doubt they've already recorded an album and kept it in the valut for 3 years.

The schedule is busy, especially for Bruce and I think he will probably release his new solo album next year, but won't tour it until 2025 (I guess Maiden will be touring in the summer then and he will have plenty of time to do a tour earlier in the year). If he will be busy with Maiden in the winter next year, the best would be to release it early next year before the start of the Maiden tour. Solo album in 2024, Maiden album in 2025 (like in 2005 and 2006). That's it.
It's worth noting the announcement is supposed to be after Powertrip so unless the album is done and in the can this isn't what it will be.

What sense would it make to say hey guys we will have an album ready for you by the end of 2024 / early 2025 we havnt entered the studio yet tho.

I still think it could be something big touring wise, unless they really were secretive in recording album 18 (doubtful)

It's worth noting the announcement is supposed to be after Powertrip so unless the album is done and in the can this isn't what it will be.

What sense would it make to say hey guys we will have an album ready for you by the end of 2024 / early 2025 we havnt entered the studio yet tho.

I still think it could be something big touring wise, unless they really were secretive in recording album 18 (doubtful)
When I think of something "big" it would have to make me think of the much rumored, wished for, etc. Maiden/Priest tour. God knows if it would be something like that. It still could just be the Future Past live album/DVD/Blu Ray and 2nd leg tour dates. Kind of wish Bruce didn't phrase his comment the way he did because if it is just that then it will look to some that he was overhyping/exaggerating.

When I think of something "big" it would have to make me think of the much rumored, wished for, etc. Maiden/Priest tour. God knows if it would be something like that. It still could just be the Future Past live album/DVD/Blu Ray and 2nd leg tour dates. Kind of wish Bruce didn't phrase his comment the way he did because if it is just that then it will look to some that he was overhyping/exaggerating.
I wish the Maiden/Priest tour rumour would die already. It‘s like pairing steak with something significantly worse than steak.

I love Priest but my interest in seeing them live without either of the guitarists from the classic lineup is minimal. Also unless a promoter approached them with a package in mind a la the Def Leppard/Motley Crue stadium run it'd make no sense for Maiden to take a band like Priest out on tour when they're already filling arenas without big name support. KK's Priest would be a better shout at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back