The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me why Blaze was in the GA audience during the Manchester gig? No acces to some VIP place? Strange. And I would have found it rather disturbing having some guy next to me chanting along to let's say Wasted Years suddenly noticing it was Blaze...
He had a backstage pass though. I think those seats to the left of the stage (Janick's side), are reserved for guests of the band.

To Tame A Land?
TTAL has way fewer lyrics overall, although they're a much more of a bitch to try and sing. The lyrics themselves have an interesting flow where they're surprisingly easy to even casually pick up, hence why Bruce actually used them to demonstrate the difficulties in singing Harris compositions on his neverending book tour back in 2019.

TTAL has way fewer lyrics overall, although they're a much more of a bitch to try and sing. The lyrics themselves have an interesting flow where they're surprisingly easy to even casually pick up, hence why Bruce actually used them to demonstrate the difficulties in singing Harris compositions on his neverending book tour back in 2019.

He did also quote the lyrics when he was a guest on the Space Cadets TV show back in the late 90s.

Unless there's some sort of horrible catastrophe later, this is sounding like the best version so far. Drums and tempo are on point, Bruce is just... what the fuck? How??? And well the rest of the band is sounding solid as ever. I just love that harmony part. It's a genuinely beautiful piece of music and it sounds absolutely wonderful to hear played live in 2023.

Fantastic gig. Just on the train home. The highlights were the first 3 songs, Celts, Alexander and Hell. I thought DOFP and Time Machine were a little meh but it was a stunning show.

DOFP and Time Machine went down like a lead balloon where I was standing; Death of the Celts also got a better response than Hell on Earth, which whilst a very good song does not work that well as an encore.

Either way, excellent gig. The Prisoner was phenomenal, one of the highlights of the show.

I watched a video of DOTC from Manchester (from the front rows) and there was crowd participation for every melody of it! I think the song is very good live, it's like a fairytale. Bruce singing ''freedom'' from the lyrics with a high pitched voice is a nice nod to The Clansman.
The entire song is a nice nod to the The Clansman.

DOFP and Time Machine went down like a lead balloon where I was standing; Death of the Celts also got a better response than Hell on Earth, which whilst a very good song does not work that well as an encore.

Either way, excellent gig. The Prisoner was phenomenal, one of the highlights of the show.
How was the response to Writing on the Wall? I was pleasantly surprised by how well received it was around me.

1688779748757-png.28452

A nice picture.
Granville fetch your cloth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back