The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dropped both Sea of Madness and Loneliness back in the day, right?
Madness they drop in NA dates, I belive due short set or something like that.

Runner after first show, they drop Icarus also after first few shows.

I was able to do that for the first show of the TBOS tour in Ft. Lauderdale. Everything was a surprise. It was awesome
I was there too for that and it was the first time I won FTTB and brought my uncle who saw them back in the 80s with me as my guest. it was awesome! We saw the Raven Age by ourselves after the ticket card meltdown and everyone outside getting rained on. First show of a new tour is fantastic and the way to do it. When I heard the Powerslave intro in the set, I lost it.

Not with SIT (except Deja-Vu and maybe Runner). They played 6 songs from the album live in 1986 and if they don't play CSIT, then Sea Of Madness should be the next in line, although they dropped it for the 2nd leg of the 1986 tour.
Sorry, they played 5 regularly, played Loneliness once then dropped it. I don't believe Sea of Madness is seriously under consideration for this tour, nor should it be. CSIT will be hard enough for Bruce to sing.

They dropped both Sea of Madness and Loneliness back in the day, right?
Yep, Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner was played only once in Belgrade 10 September 1986 on the first night of the SOT.
Sea Of Madness survived longer, it was played total of 68 times and dropped after 8 January 1987.

Cyborgs 5, Samurai 5 is really obvious and prominently placed in the tour announcement teaser, but I think it's pretty telling they never announced anything specific like "we'll be playing five songs from each album" like they did for the tour in 2007. That to me speaks of them being cautious with it, specifically since they might end up in a situation where we get a '07 repeat and it's 5-4 in the end.

It was kinda weird, that when they had Somewhere Back In Time World Tour and even then, when the song actually even gave name to the tour, CSIT still wouldn't find it's way to the setlist. That was unfortunate really.
Same thing with Infinite Dreams as you know, they rehearsed it but still ID wouldn't find a way to the setlist of Maiden England World Tour 2012-14.
That was really disappointing as it was the pinnacle and one of the main points in the original 1988 tour.

They drop Sancturay in middle of tour(anyway nobody cares about that song)

They add Phantom during tour and they played good old Wrathchild on some dates.
Where Eagles Dare was also on a few dates that tour lol..... that show had everything. What it didn't have was The Trooper.

I think we get 5 Senjutsu tracks to start, break for set change, then CSIT-WY-SIASL-HCW, then Trooper, FOTD, Hallowed, Iron Maiden
Encore something like: ATG to open the encore, then your choice of RTTH/Sanctuary/TETMD/NOTB for the last few.

I think we get 5 Senjutsu tracks to start, break for set change, then CSIT-WY-SIASL-HCW, then Trooper, FOTD, Hallowed, Iron Maiden
Encore something like: ATG to open the encore, then your choice of RTTH/Sanctuary/TETMD/NOTB for the last few.
I highly doubt they will play the songs from both albums in a row.
What a day! History being made right in front of us.
Great feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back