The Final Frontier Reviews Thread

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
Good lord.  Shortest review ever.

Horrible review too.  " Lucky for them the world will never run out of 14-year-old boys."

How is insulting a band's audience (which, as we all know, is most certainly comprised of more than teenagers) in any way a valid element of a band's review?

Re: Iron Maiden – The Final Frontier Album Review

p4warrior said:
Horrible review too.  " Lucky for them the world will never run out of 14-year-old boys."

How is insulting a band's audience (which, as we all know, is most certainly comprised of more than teenagers) in any way a valid element of a band's review?

Fuck him.
maidenbynamemaidenbynatur said:
MisforMusic's Review of "Iron Maiden – The Final Frontier"
You can read the review here: http://www.misformusic.com/2010/08/iron ... rontier-2/

Wow.  :shred:

What the fuck is this?

I'm getting sick and tired of these douchnozzles thinking Maiden is somehow for kids only, while suggesting the rest need to grow up. Some of these reviews being posted are not even worth it. The first one was two paragraphs and the second is two words. Do you guys get the impression I'm not poopy enough when posting these links? What, like I'm not going to run right over there and shit on their table?

I was having a good day.....

This is the caption written under the album pic in the review section:

Iron Maiden return with their 5456th identical album about knights and war

I like how people today get away with reviewing albums they don't bother listening to because they already have this fucked up predisposition about them.
Listen, I want you guys to go here:

http://metalreview.com/Artists/89/Iron-Maiden.aspx

The reviews for TFF aren't in yet but you can get honest, down to earth ones about AMOLAD and DoD as a sampler. They will review TFF in time. And I say in time because unlike the dickholes people are posting links to, these guys understand Maiden and will listen to it more than once (if need be) before writing a review.

I have no problem with people disliking the album. My problem is when reviewers simply slag on a genre because they either don't understand it or they don't care to try to appreciate the music.

It's a great site for metal news though. I just ignore the idiot members. However, usually when there's an article about Maiden, most members are quite positive.

They suck, but even they at least they try to give justifications for their opinions. Garbage like that two word review is the same kind of crap I've heard all of my life about metal. I listen to all kinds of music from wildly different genres, and nothing is as pigeonholed and looked down upon as childish as metal. In particular, Maiden get all kinds of crap, when they actually you know were a band that had thought provoking subject-matter, as opposed to most of the commercial 80s pop crap.

Does that mean I don't like some New Wave? Hell no, I LOVE the Talking Heads, and early Devo and all kinds of wildly different artists, but only the metal gets critiqued like this.

It's like this, I won't lie and say I'm a huge fan of hip hop, I genuinely have fondness towards the funky 1980's pop stuff, but it'd never be anything I'd go out of my way to listen to. Now how ignorant and assholish would I seem is to assume that all rap is literally a black guy with money objectifying women and talking about killing people?

But you know how it goes, everyone's opinion on the internet gets to be louder than life.

Travis: It's been my understanding that Maiden kind of just get a pass in the metal community (hence why there's some more of the over the top backlash by the wannabe kvlt metal kids) because well, they're Maiden. Even at their worst they've never pulled a Turbo on anyone, and even if people hate the 90's stuff (y'know, idiots) it's not like they sold out or anything.

LooseCannon said:
I have no problem with people disliking the album. My problem is when reviewers simply slag on a genre because they either don't understand it or they don't care to try to appreciate the music.

That's just the byproduct of trends. No pop-music site is going to give Maiden a fair shake.

You know, the two word review says it all. It amazes me when people treat music as something disposable rather than timeless.

Just as their lives. These are the times where there's so much info for so many minds without instruction or discernment. This detastable youth which scoff of on everything they're presented with. It's not beacuse they're not liking Maiden albums, it's how they swear and vent hate towards everything and everyone, including themselves. Souless people. It's really sad.

LordMaiden said:
That's just the byproduct of trends. No pop-music sight is going to give Maiden a fair shake.

You know, the two word review says it all. It amazes me when people treat music as something disposable rather than timeless.
Hey, this Lady GaGa CD will be important, and is artistically brilliant and won't be looked back on in 30 years as "My god, my parents listened to that?"  :innocent:

Cap Maronis said:
Hey, this Lady GaGa CD will be important, and is artistically brilliant and won't be looked back on in 30 years as "My god, my parents listened to that?"  :innocent:

That's pretty much it. In the time it took Maiden to make 15 albums, nobody will care about the music that the trendies love at this moment.
Cap Maronis said:
Travis: It's been my understanding that Maiden kind of just get a pass in the metal community (hence why there's some more of the over the top backlash by the wannabe kvlt metal kids) because well, they're Maiden. Even at their worst they've never pulled a Turbo on anyone, and even if people hate the 90's stuff (y'know, idiots) it's not like they sold out or anything.

I'm thinking that selling out is exactly want these people want Maiden to do.

As far as growing up, Metallica grew up and as a result, released a bunch of smelly turds.

I may be 23 years old, but I always thought the more mature thing to do is to put out your true effort that comes from you heart with as much integrity, passion, and honesty as you possibly can give.

If I have to listen to people devoid of any creativity for the rest of my life, fuck it, I'd rather be "14-years-old"

Cap Maronis said:
I may be 23 years old, but I always thought the more mature thing to do is to put out your true effort that comes from you heart with as much integrity, passion, and honesty as you possibly can give.

If I have to listen to people devoid of any creativity for the rest of my life, fuck it, I'd rather be "14-years-old"

That's what is so frustrating about music here in the U.S. And people wonder why Bruce shoots his mouth off about it. It wasn't until Metallica put out a pop album that the masses started listening and what do ya know...the pop scene fucking loved it. My wife is like this and we argue about it constantly. I think the problem is the majority of people here like to easily digest their music. As long as it is short and catchy, that's all that matters. It's like fast food, actually. This is why Maiden is for the "geeks". We care enough to actually give a shit if our music is good. We like our music to make us think. We want the fat burger on the plate with fries and not the one wrapped in paper and stuffed into a bag.

Back