The Final Frontier charts' thread

p4warrior said:
According to Wikipedia, AMOLAD sold 1,000,000 worldwide week one.  Can't seem to find the citation though.

That wasn't true, because it shifted 1,000,000 copies in it's first week! as I remember correctly!

pilau said:
Hey, Genghis Khan, I just checked that web page again - well apparently the automatic Google Translator was on, and it decided these are the Irish charts. Who am I to say otherwise?

Well, the text looks damn East European to me, and I'd find it somehow weird if a Slovenian website was talking about the Irish charts. :p  But that's quite weird, since my Google translator said it's Slovenian.

Looks like TFF doing well on iTunes, #10 top album.

iTunes' top 10 selling albums of the week ending Aug. 23, 2010:

Recovery - Eminem

God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise - Ray LaMontagne

iTunes Session - Lady Antebellum

The Suburbs - Arcade Fire

Foundling - David Gray

Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons

Need You Now - Lady Antebellum

Hands All Over - Maroon 5

Intimacy - Kem

The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden

pilau said:
Hey, Genghis Khan, I just checked that web page again - well apparently the automatic Google Translator was on, and it decided these are the Irish charts. Who am I to say otherwise?

Invader said:
Well, the text looks damn East European to me, and I'd find it somehow weird if a Slovenian website was talking about the Irish charts. :p  But that's quite weird, since my Google translator said it's Slovenian.

By the way the bolded part on my post above says: 1 week on top, largest jump this week.

Not bad!  Hopefully, it keeps up.

unfortunately, looking at bbc radios chart update (like halfway house saying the standings half way through the week) eminem has gone into first with TFF down 2.    get buying it people    :p

p4warrior said:
That's what I said...

I know that, but apperently there is a difference between shifted copies and actuatly sold copies.. If I'm correct the  shifted copies are those witch are deliverd to the stores.. ( anyway I don't know exectly but there is a difference..  :S )

Second week in Sweden , still n.1. Second week in Australia n.5 (from n.2). Second week n.4 in the netherlands (from n.2) .TFF seems to be doing better in its second week than AMOLAD did in its first, based on the first few second week posions that we have !!

Number 1 in the second week in Finland too.  AMOLAD stayed 3 weeks at no.1 before dropping to 3 for two weeks, and again climbing to 2 in the 8th week:

chart

So I wonder if TFF will do better.

Sjeske said:
I know that, but apperently there is a difference between shifted copies and actuatly sold copies.. If I'm correct the  shifted copies are those witch are deliverd to the stores.. ( anyway I don't know exectly but there is a difference..  :S )

I see the disctinction.  Wiki does say "sold;" though again, there is no citation to back it up.

TFF spends its second week on the UK chart at number 3 (down two places).  This second week performance is Maiden's best since 1982 (when TNOTB spent its first 2 weeks on the chart at number 1). - in fact ,this is the first Maiden album to spend two weeks inside the Top Ten since Fear of The Dark!

nibblet said:
TFF spends its second week on the UK chart at number 3 (down two places).  This second week performance is Maiden's best since 1982 (when TNOTB spent its first 2 weeks on the chart at number 1). - in fact ,this is the first Maiden album to spend two weeks inside the Top Ten since Fear of The Dark!

That's a particularly pleasing statistic.

nibblet said:
It is getting better chart positions in week 2 than what AMOLAD did in week 1.

After having made their highest placement on the USA album charts last week at number 4, the bands second week on the chart with TFF looks set to be inside the 20.

With over half the sales counted, it looks like TFF will scrape inside the USA Top 20 with about 15000+ for its 2nd week sales.

This will be the first time since SSAOSS that the band has spent two weeks inside the USA Top 20 Album Chart with an album.  For the record, No Prayer For The Dying peaked at number 17 and enjoyed two weeks charted at number 21!  Fear Of The Dardk made its debut at number 12 but fell sharply thereafter.

can anyone tell me how the iron maiden album the final frontier is doing in the uk chart this week, ive heard that its one of the poorest selling maiden albums ever in the uk with only 58.000. copies sold

Back