The Final Frontier charts' thread

johnglen said:
Why don't you people just drop it and want to continue on this ? 62000 in the biggest market in the world , what more do you want to see ??
Anyway Zare's post perfectly sums up my thoughts.

62000 is a huge improvement on AMOLAD, DOD and BNW. What figures were you expecting ?

Now that we've settled it can we move on? 21 No. 1 countries is an unprecedented, record-braking, outstanding, and simply ginormous success for the band! :bigsmile:

Has there been other metal albums that charted that high in that many countries in the past?

EDIT: I just checked out that link ironpaiste posted:
ironpaiste said:

And it is not the Slovenian charts at all! It is actually the top-30 Irish charts. So no No. 1 in Slovenia. Hey dude, better double-check what you're posting next time.

Black Wizard said:
Are Maiden less popular in the States because of the large population of Religious nuts or is there no tangible reason?

I'm a "religious nut" and Maiden is my favorite band.  It helps that Christian music is by and large terrible.

johnglen said:
Why don't you people just drop it and want to continue on this ? 62000 in the biggest market in the world , what more do you want to see ??
Anyway Zare's post perfectly sums up my thoughts.

That's fine, you're not happy with 62,000. I can't imagine why this is the case given how the last 3 studio albums sold but whatever, that's your choice. What you need to accept is Americans, like everyone else, have a right to their taste regardless of how different it is to yours.

Donner said:
rampant downloaders

There are those in other countries too.  Most of the people who I know who listen to Maiden downloaded the album and never bought it, so I was a bit surprised that it still got to no. 1.

First place here in Brasil, too!!! :edmetal: At the same time, you wouldn't believe the hate some are nurturing for the album. :(

I do not understand the whole album charts thing too well, as I have never cared, but seeing Iron Maiden in Chicago a month ago and hearing Bruce's speech about how they should get #1, I really wanted it to happen.

In my personal defense, I have bought a total of 4 copies of "The Final Frontier" in the last week. One for me, my dad, my sister, and my friend. So I believe I did my part.

When I found out they we're only #4, I was very disappointed. And when I found out that they were beaten by Eminem (who I hate), and some stupid two people I've never even heard of until now, Kem, and Ray Lamontagne... it added insult to injury.

I am not religious in any way, and have been listening to Iron Maiden for years now. Our local rock/metal station, KSHE95 (I am near St Louis), NEVER plays Iron Maiden. You hear Metallica, Megadeath, ACDC, and Ozzy ALL DAY long on that station, but you'll never hear an Iron Maiden tune. AND on that RARE occasion they DO play an Iron Maiden song, it is almost always only The Number of the Beast or The Trooper...

So, I guess US does have poor taste in music. And being an American, I am very disappointed. At least other countries know what great music is

pilau said:
Sure mate. We're standing currently on 21 countries.

And here they are: Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier#Chart_positions
Shouldn't Slovenia have been added to that list ?

Also Italy (WTF is taking last week's Italian chart so long to appear ??) and Greece will be added to that list. Oh and the only other country that disappointed me is Poland, not being n.1 there is a huge surprise.

Tyek1230 said:
I do not understand the whole album charts thing too well, as I have never cared, but seeing Iron Maiden in Chicago a month ago and hearing Bruce's speech about how they should get #1, I really wanted it to happen.

It's true that it's more a bragging rights thing than anything, since the ranking is heavily dependent on what was released around the same time.

Forostar said:
More difficult is trying to find out why the percentage in the USA is lower. Religion could be part of the reason yes.

Or not.  Somebody else said that "trend chasing" is more the style of many people in USA.  That's a more likely reason, but I'll say probably only part of the answer.

EDIT: I wonder if the American market just has more competition.  No disrespect to Iron Maiden.

pilau said:
Yeah, but, this is exactly what I was saying, man. :huh: People who are not into Maiden - these are the focus of this discussion. Because someone who's already a fan does not need to listen to them on the radio to buy their albums - he's already a fan, he will buy them anyway.

It really comes into play when we're talking about someone who is not into Maiden, either never heard of them or never dug them. This is where radio can play it's part.
Still, the possibility does exist that someone who has never heard Maiden could be listening to the radio and hear them for the VERY FIRST time and because of that, become a fan.

pilau said:
EDIT: I just checked out that link ironpaiste posted:
And it is not the Slovenian charts at all! It is actually the top-30 Irish charts. So no No. 1 in Slovenia. Hey dude, better double-check what you're posting next time.

Actually, that is a Slovenian site and Maiden is clearly listed as #1.
Jeffmetal said:
First place here in Brasil, too!!! :edmetal: At the same time, you wouldn't believe the hate some are nurturing for the album. :(

Allow me to guess: none of the songs sound like the 80s straight-on rockers, e.g. 'Run to the Hills', 'The Trooper', 'Aces High', etc.

johnglen said:
Shouldn't Slovenia have been added to that list ?

Also Italy (WTF is taking last week's Italian chart so long to appear ??) and Greece will be added to that list. Oh and the only other country that disappointed me is Poland, not being n.1 there is a huge surprise.

It is only wikipedia.  Why don't you edit yourself and provide your link.  :D

Back