The Evil That Men Do

How good is The Evil That Men Do on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: The Evil That Men Do

10/10 - One of my top five Maiden songs, sometimes easily the best one. I just adore everything about it, the intro, the riffs, Adrian's solo, Bruce's vocals, the mystical lyrics... Every single one of those factors makes me feel like I'm there in the studio next to the band while they're recording the song. Superb song!

Re: Daily Song: The Evil That Men Do

LooseCannon said:
[...]
Except I have to go through the responses and mark them into an excel file, and then make sure I haven't forgotten anyone, because I am keeping a daily database on it.

Add in the fact that my computer access is becoming more limited from home due to my difficulties with my elbows and wrists (I have carpal tunnel syndrome that is getting pretty bad), so my access is generally from my laptop until my primary desk area gets more compatible.

If it takes a year, it takes a year.

I don't really care - because that will give everyone lots of time to vote. There's no rush from my end.

I've told it already, but let me repeat it again -for our newest members: There is no-one like LC. His awesomeness is far beyond my understanding. Good hearted person, great thinker (as Perun mentioned recently) and in many -many aspects, a great moderator! I'm seeing him as the heart of the forum.

In case he seems hard to thee, or you have a problem with him, you probably do something wrong!

Be praised, mate.

This song also feels commercial, but it has energy, intro, chorus, solo, lyrics, of an excellent Iron Maiden song. Unlike the Can I Play With Madness. I really like this song, and i'd give it a 9 if the studio version was on par with live renditions, which are faster, more energetic and more headbanging. And Bruce delivers this song live awesomely, which isn't case in studio. I don't like how he sings some parts, eg. "circle of fire...".

One my favorite maiden classics. The solos the lyrics and imagery combined just make an awesome song. 9/10

Probably the best chorus of the album is in this song and a really cool opening riff. Also, the first live clip of Iron Maiden that I saw was this song played at Rock In Rio in 2001. 10/10.

Hi,

I guess this may have been asked before, but didn't find it so here it goes. You certainly have noticed it that the lyrics of Evil that Men do change from studio album's version to live versions of this song -

Circle of fire my baptism of joy at an end it seems
The seventh lamb slain, the book of life opens before me ....

studio version:

And I will pray for you, someday I may return
Don't you cry for me, beyond is where I learn

live version (En Vivo):

And I will pray for her, someday I may return
I would cry for her, if only I could learn

live version (Donington 1992):

I would bleed for her, if only I could learn

So does somebody know when did the lyrics change happen and why did they change it?

Hi,

I guess this may have been asked before, but didn't find it so here it goes. You certainly have noticed it that the lyrics of Evil that Men do change from studio album's version to live versions of this song -

Circle of fire my baptism of joy at an end it seems
The seventh lamb slain, the book of life opens before me ....

studio version:

And I will pray for you, someday I may return
Don't you cry for me, beyond is where I learn

live version (En Vivo):

I would cry for her, if only I could learn

live version (Donington 1992):

I would bleed for her, if only I could learn

So does somebody know when did the lyrics change happen and why did they change it?
Because Bruce. I'm not sure if it's that he forgets, or just doesn't care, but he kinda just does what he wants in a lot of songs, so long as he sticks to the rhyme and meter it's ok though.

The first time I heard this song , I said, I've heard this one before and immediately sang along. Okay, I obviously had heard it but didn't realize it was IM. It is one of the best on the album. So damn catchy and so good. 10/10

What strikes me directly is the soul and passion in the vocals together with the lyrics. It's just so great! Adding a great riff and, as always, a great solo and maybe a tad faster live speed and we are home.
The only problem I have with most of the songs on this album is that the production is so soft. To much synths and there could have been a little more punch overall.

9/10

Back