The Evil That Men Do

How good is The Evil That Men Do on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: The Evil That Men Do

I'm toying between 7 and 8. It's a good song and one that I didn't really get into until I started to watch the video of the song. A bit of an odd way to find a liking for a song, but that's the way it is. OK, I'll stick an 8 on this.

mckindog said:
Is it OK to start calling songs rockers again?
Why not. :D

I confess that I'm doubting. Doubting between 9 and 10. First I am going to check which songs I have given a 10, and see if it deserves to be in that league.

On one hand I'm afraid that I am giving too many songs a 10 (though quite some others are doing this way more often). On the other hand, this album is one of my 3 favourite Maiden albums, so maybe I shouldn't be so careful. To be continued.

I absolutely love this track, with its brilliantly intense singing. It was excellent live too, and gets the first top mark of the songs I've rated so far: 10/10.

9/10. Fairly awesome riff, and Bruce delivers a great performance here. Lyrics are also great, and has great melodies as well.

Well, I shouldn't beat around the bush too long:
This song has about the best bridge (pre-chorus, whatever we want to name it) from the catalogue.
Very intense performance by Bruce. The chorus is amazing. I like the build-up before the solo. Great accents.
From all SSOASS songs I've seen live, I always enjoyed this one the most. The live version on ARLO is my favourite.

10 (this is getting scary because this album will get many 10's from me).

10/10 This is definitely one of Maiden's best songs. Catchy verses, bridge, chorus, catchy everything!

Forostar said:
(this is getting scary because this album will get many 10's from me).

It is a great album!

10. This song is fantastic. Solos are great, Nicko is on fire, the chorus is catchy as hell and the guitar line that plays under the chorus lifts it from just being catchy to being brilliant.

And it is a great live number as well.

Nothing to add to the previous posts really. Only another vote in the poll. 10/10

7 out of 10... A pretty good rocker, although it's never been a big favorite of mine. Adrian's guitar work is what stands out on this one for me...

9/10 for me and an absolutely amazing song both live and on disc.

"The seventh lamb slain the book life opens before me"

A very easy song to listen to, extremely catchy and has very strong lyrics. To me, it sounds like it was written as a single, same as it's predocessor CIPWM, but I believe this to be the much better of the two and is worth every bit of it's 9 rating I shall give it.

Yes, Travis.

Except I have to go through the responses and mark them into an excel file, and then make sure I haven't forgotten anyone, because I am keeping a daily database on it.

Add in the fact that my computer access is becoming more limited from home due to my difficulties with my elbows and wrists (I have carpal tunnel syndrome that is getting pretty bad), so my access is generally from my laptop until my primary desk area gets more compatible.

If it takes a year, it takes a year.

I don't really care - because that will give everyone lots of time to vote. There's no rush from my end.

@LC: Hope all will be better with the elbows and wrists. And no prob, I'd say: don't let yourself be pushed by impatient fast-post-members. Some people only write: "fantastic song" or "no need to explain". Very interesting. Why should we feed their post hunger, and stimulate such posts?

Guys, take more time for it. It is nice to actually think about a song and write more than 10 words about it. Try and see!

I like it like this. The more time to think about a post (and vote), the better.   :ok:

@Travis, if you can't wait: there are no less than thee(!) older albums you haven't finished: Iron Maiden, Killers and SIT. Why not start with these?

Back