The Concert Thread

I reckon The Raven Age are taking a break from touring next year to write their next album - that's why they're not on any of Iron Maiden's 2020 dates. Hopefully they'll do 'Grave of the Fireflies pt. II'.
I heard a rumor on this website in fact that the album is called Grave of the Fireflies Part 2: Scenes From The Recording Studio George’s Dad Paid For. I think 7th_One said it. It’s a long album title, but it will work. I also heard that they will tour with Iron Maiden on the next tour, which is actually called Legacy of The Maiden England Tour. More rumors indicate that Iron Maiden won’t play any songs from Seventh Son either, nor will they headline. Grave of the Fireflies Part 2 will be a such a strong album that we will get to hear all 4 hours of it live, in its entirety.

Oh I hope so. 2021 is going to be the year of The Raven Age for sure.
Just wait until 2022 when they bring the tour to Europe. Rumor is that Steve bought George a touring train similar to Ed Force One. I was shocked too!

Also, I heard that The Raven Age will cover Wrathchild. We’re all excited for that one!!!

I really hope they do a show, an even an album, with an orchestra. Can you imagine how good 'Grave of the Fireflies' would be with an orchestral accompaniment?

I really hope they do a show, an even an album, with an orchestra. Can you imagine how good 'Grave of the Fireflies' would be with an orchestral accompaniment?
That would be amazing. This band is on the verge of being bigger than Metallica, I know it! Maybe they will turn the show into a musical. @Diesel 11 would attend every show!

It had better sound the same as the rest of the song! Like how all the songs sound exactly the same. That would be good.
You know it! One of the songs in the next album will be 46 minutes of George chugging the low A# string.

Diesel will be most looking forward to their crossover album with Poe.
Actually it’s a crossover album with KK Downing, Machine Head, Ozzy, and 5FDP. Mike Portnoy also wrote some lyrics about alcoholism too.

Saw Ghost last night.

4th time seeing them, but first time indoors and first as a headline show.

Looked a good turn out probably in the region of 8 or 9 thousand.

Set and show was great, and as always performance was top notch. His banter went down much better with the crowd than it had when they supported Metallica in the summer, this probably being down to the fact it was their own crowd and they understand the tongue in cheek nature of the banter.

If I have any gripes, the fluting around at the start of Cirice should be on a different track. Cirice is their best track and I prefer when bands use jam sections or crowd participation on more average songs to enhance them (e.g. Running Free, Drifter, Bring your Daughter) rather than on good songs that don't need enhancing (e.g. You got another thing coming, I want to be Somebody).

Also not enough songs from the first album. Although saying that it seems most of the crowd didn't know Satan Prayer and the singalong part was pretty embarrassing due to that.

Although saying that it seems most of the crowd didn't know Satan Prayer and the singalong part was pretty embarrassing due to that.

I thought the same in Nottingham last Saturday, that's what happens when a lot of the audience became fans during the Meliora/Prequelle era :(

Just an observation, no harm intended.

I though the same when I went to see Slayer last year, it seemed a lot of fans didn't know Black Magic or Hell Awaits, or when I went to see Metallica in the summer, Memory Remains and Frantic seemed more well known than Ride the Lightning.

It makes a change from people only knowing the older stuff at gigs.

Oh yeah, I think I might have said the same in this thread already after the summer gig, but the Cardinal Copia character is way better visually as a frontman than Papa Emeritus was. The nameless ghouls new outfits are better too.

Ghost's first album didn't nearly get the penetration as their second or third, so it makes sense.

Tobias & friends sure do put on a good show. Very good show indeed. The ghouls are a lot more animated these days doing more silly stuff on stage, no more of the just standing there playing guitar. The crowd not singing along to Satan Prayer also happened at Leeds. I don't know how much of this is not knowing the song and how much of it is: "Oh, was he expecting us to sing?" You need to lead a crowd into it, not just go quiet and shout "C'mon!" As part of the guitar duel we got the Emmerdale theme tune. :D

Interestingly, I found the sound quality excellent last night, in complete contrast to when I saw Maiden at the same venue, and they were an indistinct wall of sound at times. Ghost's guitars were sounding very nice and clear.

Back