The Concert Thread

Was at Ugly Kid Joe on Wednesday, great gig and I'd recomend anyone going to see them, they enjoy themselves live.

Was at Rose Tattoo tonight. The band were excellent and he sang fantastically. But the between song banter was absolute right wing hate speech and I walked out after he said "proud to be white". I'm ashamed I didn't walk out earlier after misogynist and homophobic comments.

I saw Ghost at the Royal Albert Hall last night, and I have to say regardless of whatever internal drama that is happening within the band, Tobias and whoever the Ghouls are, put on one of the best shows I have seen. The setlist was long with a good mix of songs from all albums, split into two sets, 2.5hrs in total. The stage show was great, with a surprising amount of pyro. And the crowd was incredible, and the Prequelle songs were probably some of the best received, I've never heard a crowd sing to an instrumental like they did for Miasma, that is a corker of a track. And the crowd went nuts for Dance Macabre, which is just made to be played live. Such a perfect concert song. This band can only get bigger and better, and I'm sure with the next album or even EP they will.

41490566_10215584726683430_1256363025972068352_n.jpg

I'm seeing Australian Pink Floyd tomorrow at the resort I work at. I bought last minute tickets for $20 a piece. I'm pretty excited but it's an outdoor event it's going to be really cold.

Jealous. :D Although I've seen him twice with Alter Bridge, twice with Slash, and once solo.
I missed him twice with Slash, twice with AB and once solo, he always seems to come by when im in the middle of exams, this time is no different but I'm tired of missing him on his tours. Plus ive never seen him live ever!

I saw Ghost at the Royal Albert Hall last night, and I have to say regardless of whatever internal drama that is happening within the band, Tobias and whoever the Ghouls are, put on one of the best shows I have seen. The setlist was long with a good mix of songs from all albums, split into two sets, 2.5hrs in total. The stage show was great, with a surprising amount of pyro. And the crowd was incredible, and the Prequelle songs were probably some of the best received, I've never heard a crowd sing to an instrumental like they did for Miasma, that is a corker of a track. And the crowd went nuts for Dance Macabre, which is just made to be played live. Such a perfect concert song. This band can only get bigger and better, and I'm sure with the next album or even EP they will.

41490566_10215584726683430_1256363025972068352_n.jpg
I'm hoping they carry over the same setlist for the North American tour next month. It's a nearly flawless setlist as Witch Image could be added.

I missed him twice with Slash, twice with AB and once solo, he always seems to come by when im in the middle of exams, this time is no different but I'm tired of missing him on his tours. Plus ive never seen him live ever!
I hope you'll enjoy the show then. It's well worth it.

Last week I took a chance on buying a resale ticket for Halestorm's show in Sheffield that wasn't as ridiculously priced as the other ones and it actually arrived yesterday! :yey: Sadly I have to pay a stupid amount for a hotel as I booked it so late (the gig is this Saturday).

My schedule:

22/09 Halestorm, Sheffield
12/10 Kamelot/Cellar Darling, London
31/10 Devilskin, London
10/11 Within Temptation, Manchester
8/12 Nightwish, London
16/12 Kreator/Dimmu Borgir, London
late March: Cellar Darling
16/04 Avantasia
August: Bloodstock with Sabaton headlining

Once I know where I'll be living in March/April next year I can get Cellar Darling and Avantasia tickets, but they're still uncertain for me. :(

Paul McCartney was really enjoyable. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but he played all the Beatles songs I really like - Back in the USSR, Hey Jude, Eleanor Rigby, and, of course, Helter Skelter. He also played most of the Wings songs I like, including a stellar rendition of Live and Let Die with killer pyro. I'd recommend the tour.

Remaining for 2018:

September 22 - Alestorm feat. Gloryhammer @ Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
September 29 - Unleash the Archers feat Striker, Lycanthro, Sovereign Council @ Maverick's, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nov 4 - British Lion feat. Coney Hatch @ The Brass Monkey, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dec 7 - Ghost @ Place Bell, Laval, Quebec, Canada

Back