The Concert Thread

So Nick Mason announced a UK tour about 10 minutes ago, and I've just managed to bag two tickets for Birmingham for myself and my dad. Two members of Pink Floyd in a year, and the last member I need to see!

7th July - Roger Waters, Arena Birmingham
7th August - Iron Maiden, Genting Arena, Birmingham
8-13 August - Bloodstock Festival, Catton Park, Derby
25th September - Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, Symphony Hall, Birmingham
26th October - Evil Scarecrow, Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
(7th November - Slayer/Lamb of God/Anthrax/Obituary, Arena Birmingham)
8th December - Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds - Genting Arena, Birmingham

So excited!

Last edited:
Just booked my Saxon tickets for the roundhouse in London, October. Love the roundhouse, great venue and wish more bands played there.

Haven’t seen Saxon since the lion heart tour so a long time. Can’t wait for this!

Last Saxon album is awesome.

They were also great opening for Priest. Nice blend of old and new.

Saw Obituary last night @The Scout Bar in Webster (about 20 miles south of Houston). Sounded great and the crowd was very cool. Bad thing is the singer still only announces the name of the LP the next song will be from; rarely the NAME of the song! So you either need to learn their material REAL well or use setlists and lyrics online to figure out what song they are playing. Also, even though they were the headliner, they only played for one hour!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/obituary/2018/scout-bar-houston-tx-2bed7812.html

Saw The Irons Maidens last night at Manning Bar in Sydney. A great setlist including The Duellists and Alexander the Great. Singer Bruce Chickinson told a story of how Steve and Bruce came to see The Iron Maidens in Mexico City a few years back and were blown away by their rendition of Alexander The Great.

Each of Mega Murray’s and Adriana Smith’s solos were note perfect. A great night.

If Eddie and the Boys perform as well when I see them on 20 July and 6 August as the girls did last night the Legacy tour will be massive.

July 28 - Heavy Montreal (Headliner: Rob Zombie, feat. Marilyn Manson, Emperor, Alestorm, Baroness...)
July 29 - Heavy Montreal (Headliner: Avenged Sevenfold, feat. Gojira, Trivium, Nile, Demon Hunter, Gloryhammer...)
Nov 4 - British Lion

Rolling Stones in Coventry we’re great. Opened with “Street Fighting Man”. Only slight disappointment, they didn’t play “Under My Thumb” dropping it for “Like A Rolling Stone” instead. But I love the fact they change up the set list every night, what all great bands should be able to do.

Jagger is a medical phenomenon, 74 and moves like a 20 year old, and didn’t miss a beat.

Good atmosphere and it didn’t rain. Keith did “You Got The Silver” & “Happy”. 21 songs played.

Saw The Irons Maidens last night at Manning Bar in Sydney. A great setlist including The Duellists and Alexander the Great. Singer Bruce Chickinson told a story of how Steve and Bruce came to see The Iron Maidens in Mexico City a few years back and were blown away by their rendition of Alexander The Great.

Each of Mega Murray’s and Adriana Smith’s solos were note perfect. A great night.

If Eddie and the Boys perform as well when I see them on 20 July and 6 August as the girls did last night the Legacy tour will be massive.
This reminds me, the BF's cousin was photographing the Iron Maidens at their show in Perth at the weekend. If I find a link to her pics I'll post it here. He said they were good.

Rolling Stones in Coventry we’re great. Opened with “Street Fighting Man”. Only slight disappointment, they didn’t play “Under My Thumb” dropping it for “Like A Rolling Stone” instead. But I love the fact they change up the set list every night, what all great bands should be able to do.

Jagger is a medical phenomenon, 74 and moves like a 20 year old, and didn’t miss a beat.

Good atmosphere and it didn’t rain. Keith did “You Got The Silver” & “Happy”. 21 songs played.
I am astounded that they are still playing. They were the first concert I ever attended, in 2007, and I was thinking there was no way I will ever see them again, considering they were old as hell even then. And 11 years later they are still touring.

Might try to catch them again next year, if there are European dates.

At The Iron Maidens’ Sydney show my mate was totally besotted with Davina Murrays’ looks. She is very attractive but I was more besotted with the way she mastered Dave’s solo from Alexander The Great.

I am astounded that they are still playing. They were the first concert I ever attended, in 2007, and I was thinking there was no way I will ever see them again, considering they were old as hell even then. And 11 years later they are still touring.

Might try to catch them again next year, if there are European dates.

I’ve been thinking this was the last time for me, but you never know, as long as everyone keeps health.

They sounded as good as ever. I just hope they don’t keep on touring when one of them dies like The Who.

Upcoming concerts:

Sleep
Camel
Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Blech. Camel cancelled half an hour before the doors of the venue opened......
I found out walking in the venue, or well, a minute before arrival when I saw disappointed people walking away. Andy Latimer felt unwell, had to go to hospital (pneumonia I think). Earlier this tour he also had a hernia, had to sit down playing. I was relieved this gig would go on, and now this.

Back