The Concert Thread

Just got tickets to see Amon Amarth in a couple weeks. Should I look up Entombed A.D. and Exmortus? And if so, what should I listen to?

On Friday night I saw Anti-Nowhere League as a friend had a spare ticket. I don't like much Punk but it was a fun show particularly with a few beers in me.

I get regular email updates from Enter The Vault, a company that sells metal tickets for U.S. shows, and this little teasing taunt as been at the bottom of their email blast for 3 weeks now:

"Coming Soon:
- Sabaton
- Symphony X"

WHEN?!!!!!!?!!

Was about to book tickets to a Europe concert way away from here... And my town's free festival announce them as headliners. Way to go! :cheers:

Well the question is if I should go to 2 Europe concerts this summer. :p

I just bought the tickets to see Black Sabbath in december. Common pit, stadium concert (probably 50.000+), i'll see close to nothing of the stage, but Sabbath deserves a proper goodbye. I saw them in 2013 relatively close, so, i'm good.

I'm traveling as well, i'll see it in São Paulo. Only 5 bands can make me travel: Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, a reunited Led and a reunited Pink Floyd.

I'm waiting for Megadeth to announce a concert in Belo Horizonte, considering they cancelled the Rio gig. Angra will play in Belo Horizonte too, i'll probably go

Yes! The show was excellent (as were the two supporting bands, Melt Banana and The Melvins. I ended up liking Melt Banana's set more than the Melvins set). Napalm Death's energy live was unreal, it blew all of their studio work out of the water, definitely. I was hoping they'd play a lot of stuff from their new album (in particular, Dear Slum Landlord. Which unfortunately wasnt played that night) which they did. They even opened up with the title track from Apex Predator - Easy Meat, very cool!

I made sure to familiarize myself with some of their earlier stuff before going like Unchallenged Hate, Mass Appeal Madness, and of course their cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off. Me and my friend got front row too (which wasnt that hard, we were there when doors opened) so Shane Embury was literally an arm's length away the entire set! I had a really cool experience during their cover Nazi Punks Fuck Off, Barney gave me the mic for a portion of the chorus! The entire venue heard me shout "Fuck Off!" so that was cool hahaha! Some of the most intense songs live were Mass Appeal Madness, Smash a Single Digit, and Scum. But really, they all rocked. Very great show and I definitely want to see them again now!

On a side note, Barney stayed after to talk to the fans and sign things. I came up to him and thanked him for the show and I asked him to sign my jacket too. He said it was his pleasure and he signed my jacket. Very humble guy.

In the spur of the moment, a friend and I bought tickets to see AC/DC in Manchester in June. I don't mind if it's going to be Axl, rather than Brian. I love Brian, but Axl's voice sounds great at the moment. I missed my chance to see them last year, and my chance to get the tickets for this year a few months. Thank god for those refunded tickets!

It's the day before Download weekend, so I'm going to have a busy few days. Not the smartest move seeing as though my A-Level exams start the week after. But oh well!

Yeah! Megadeth just announced a concert here in Belo Horizonte. The best part, it'll be in a venue 10min away from my college (walking, of course). I'll be able to attend the concert and return with my usual ride. I'm looking forwardf to hear Dystopia, it's already one of my favorite Megadeth album.

Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Accept, Megadeth and Black Sabbath. What a year 2016 is turning

Back