The Concert Thread

As it seems the rumours about AC/DC playing some gigs in 2023 did not crystallise into a tour, I have decided to go and see Dirty DC instead. :lol:

First gig will be in Guildford on 11th March 2023 and the second one at Painshill Park on 29th June 2023.

Saw a great AC/DC tribute years ago, can't remember their name, but they opened with Live Wire, and the singer wandered out during the intro, he looked like Bill Odie wearing a pair of dirty looking track suit bottoms and holding a can of lager. But when he started singing he sounded exactly like Bon Scott.

Saw a great AC/DC tribute years ago, can't remember their name, but they opened with Live Wire, and the singer wandered out during the intro, he looked like Bill Odie wearing a pair of dirty looking track suit bottoms and holding a can of lager. But when he started singing he sounded exactly like Bon Scott.

I saw Dirty DC in Southampton back in 2006, so it has been a while!

Back in 2018 I saw another AC/DC tribute band, Live Wire. They had one Bon Scott, one Brian Johnson and, to make things even better, no Axl Rose!

Time for an update.

Feb 24 - Powerwolf @ MTELUS, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mar 8 - Eluveitie feat. Omnium Gatherum, Seven Spires @ Brass Monkey, Nepean, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
June 11 - Iron Maiden @ Quarterback Immobilien Arena, Leipzig, Germany
Aug 13 - Mastodon feat. Gojira, Lorna Shore @ Oncenter War Memorial, Syracuse, New York, United States of America

Has anyone seen Wishbone Ash on their current tour? I'm thinking of making the 2 hr drive to Buffalo to see them in March. It looks like they're still playing "Argus" in its entirety.

I have. You will not regret it.

I am not sure their next North American tour would feature Argus in its entirety though. If it doesn’t, what you would get instead is the whole of Live Dates! I cannot wait for them to announce the UK dates for that in the Autumn of 2023.

Edit: According to this blog's post by Wishbone Ash, the upcoming States tour would be called Live Dates Live. Either way, don't miss it!

Last edited:
I have. You will not regret it.

I am not sure their next North American tour would feature Argus in its entirety though. If it doesn’t, what you would get instead is the whole of Live Dates! I cannot wait for them to announce the UK dates for that in the Autumn of 2023.

Edit: According to this blog's post by Wishbone Ash, the upcoming States tour would be called Live Dates Live. Either way, don't miss it!

I think you're right about the set list. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, "Argus" is one of my favourite albums of all-time, and it would have been great to hear it from start to finish. On the other hand, looking at setlist.fm, the first six songs from those shows are underwhelming. Assuming they're playing it from start to finish, the songs from "Live Dates" are more consistently good (and they'd be playing four songs from "Argus" anyway - though unfortuantely not "Sometime World").

Thanks for the heads up, and I think I'll see the show either way.

I think you're right about the set list. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, "Argus" is one of my favourite albums of all-time, and it would have been great to hear it from start to finish. On the other hand, looking at setlist.fm, the first six songs from those shows are underwhelming. Assuming they're playing it from start to finish, the songs from "Live Dates" are more consistently good (and they'd be playing four songs from "Argus" anyway - though unfortuantely not "Sometime World").

Thanks for the heads up, and I think I'll see the show either way.

I quite liked hearing some more recent songs when I saw Wishbone Ash play Argus in its entirety last October, but I agree with you that those songs are not on par with that magnificent album. Funnily enough, I saw Martin Turner ex-Wishbone Ash play Argus and Wishbone Four in its entirety in October, a set that would please fans of early Wishbone Ash more.

Martin Turner would also be doing the whole of Live Dates this year. I'll try and catch him in late March.

609514_2c6a108c973c48c7b8fdea577f5ed5d4~mv2.jpg

Saw a handful of shows last year. Of note, the Original Misfits were awesome! Danzig sounded surprisingly good and Jerry Only's backing vocals were ABSOLUTELY KILLER! That was my first time seeing Dave Lombardo too. I saw the Misfits with my younger brother and the memories we made on this trip are going to last forever. Epic set:

I saw Primus too in April. Good set. Mostly went because my younger brother wanted to go. I liked Primus a bit at one point when I was younger. They didnt play a lot of their aggressive stuff and they covered that Rush album in the set too. Security was really weird about moshing there in Huntsville and were breaking up the more "violent" (standard) pits, which was odd.

I saw Pentagram for the second time too last year and met Bobby Libeling again. I took my younger brother too and we had a blast. Just a killer time. Inwish Pentagram played for longer though.

This gig finally cancelled.

Ticketmaster: "we refunded the old credit card you had in 2018"

:mad:

You should get in touch with them. When I missed Van der Graaf Generator's gig in February 2022 after catching Covid, the ticket sellers tried to refund me on a debit card that I used to buy the tickets in 2019 and I no longer had. It took some time, but I managed to get the money back on my current debit card.

You should get in touch with them. When I missed Van der Graaf Generator's gig in February 2022 after catching Covid, the ticket sellers tried to refund me on a debit card that I used to buy the tickets in 2019 and I no longer had. It took some time, but I managed to get the money back on my current debit card.

I will, basically, I have to wait for a few days to see if it shows up in my credit card. I am with the same company, but I was visa then and am now mastercard, in theory, my company should transfers the funds back from my old card to the new, not sure what happens if this doesn't happen, probably will be a case of spending half a morning on the phone.

Caught two shows this week, both in Stoke. Gigs in Stoke are like buses, you wait around for years for them to come around, and then two come in the same week.

First was Holding Absence at the Sugar Mill on Monday night. Supported by Void of Vision, who I thought were absolutely incredible. Holding Absence, although a very short set, was just unmatched. Setlist was filled with deep cuts, but went down incredibly well. I loved every second. They're honestly my favourite new band on the British metal circuit right now.

328435613_724980689086814_6501840716250284944_n.jpg

Last night I saw Frank Turner at the Victoria Hall. It was my ninth time seeing him, and he never disappoints, his live shows are always a lot of fun. Setlist was near enough identical from his tour back in September, but that didn't matter because I enjoyed both shows equally. I was very glad to hear Thatcher Fucked the Kids, which fit very well considering the state of the country right now. Overall great show! One of his support acts, The Lottery Winners I really enjoyed also, and they're back in Stoke in May, so that's another I'll have to go to!

328718466_1395013057971049_2097976962706319871_n.jpg

Supposed to be seeing Katatonia tomorrow and Gojira on Tuesday but having second thoughts. I'd like the gigs but hate the travel and being around city centres

Back