"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaah… I mean, it's great album but to be honest I love Rocka Rolla… :)

Oh! If language is not issue - try album from polish band Kat. They're amazing.

Or to this little gem:

What the! I mean the music is not bad but those vocals....Poland has some OK metal though. I remember LOVING this:

F*@king hell. I'm done. Its 4:51 am. Just finished EOTC.
My mind is a jumble of mad impressions. EOTC was unbelievable. But such a hard album to grasp. Needs more time.
I'll set my alarm for a morning of BOS with coffee :D

Oh yeah OK. I get what you mean then. I don't think I've listened to any Polish bands actually singing in Polish. Hell, I avoid bands from my own country singing in national language, I think it sounds very bad.....I can't think of any serious metal band from my country not singing in English. If they don't it's usually because they're a bit of a joke band, who's just having fun with the genre :p

Yeah, I know. But I love to learn about other countries etc. so for me it's awesome to hear bands that use their national languages. Arabic heavy metal for example. Or Russian! I know, for some people it's weird but I love it. ;)

"One of the catchiest Maiden songs has ever made"... I don't know what the reviewer has been smoking.
What have YOU been smoking? He is right. You don't agree that the main riff starting at .36 is as groovy and "catchy" as almost anything they've done?[\SPOILER]

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. But I love to learn about other countries etc. so for me it's awesome to hear bands that use their national languages. Arabic heavy metal for example. Or Russian! I know, for some people it's weird but I love it. ;)

OK I take back what I just said. Foro just showed me this the other day. This is an OK example of Danish language in metal but normally it is very shit!! But OK danish singing here:

Onde Børn = Evil Children

Lyrics
"Og som en skygge på himlens bue faldt
Mit onde barn jeg lytter til dig i nat
Jeg slukker dagen, stormen tager fat
Dødsriget hvisker mit navn i den lange nat
Samlet vi går i skyggen der forsvandt
De nyttesløse skabninger faldt
De tørster efter vores rene blod
Men de må ære mig ved træets fod

Very Viking-ish.

Yeah! The e-mail says my copy has been shipped! :nana:

There is a serious possibility it'll be delivered tomorrow, so I'm as happy as it gets! :)

Thanks, I really like it. Tomorrow I will do some research. :)

OK. Now you put me on some research :p

There is also this black metal group

But good luck if you can distinguish it from normal black metal shrieks :D

But Yeah, Stormen fra Nord = The Storm from the North

Viking folk metal

Gravøllet = Funeral Feast

Last edited:
But as I said...most awesome metal bands from Denmark do not sing in Danish....:p:p

But yes, if you are interested in hearing music from other countries it's cool I guess, even though Metal then might not be the best representative ;);)

There is a great band from PA that works as a very cool companion to Maiden. I don't know how many people here are aware of them but these guys have become a a top 5 favorite for me.

Skip to 3:16 on the second. You'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back