"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Saturday is going to be an amazing day! Not to mention I'm going to see Blue Oyster Cult later that night as well... I better enjoy my ears the rest of the week because they will be shot by Sunday.

BOC is awesome! I saw them last year and the crowd didn't know what hit them. Good chemistry, funny onstage banter, extended solos by each band member, and the great music of course. Enjoy!

What are Tesco hoping for here? IM don't seem like the kind of band that people would buy from on a whim and especially not on vinyl
No, but I'm thinking their hope is that Maiden fans who haven't already purchased the album online may seek out retail outlets to pick up a copy. On the way out, or on the way to the album, they may pick up impulse items or general goods during their visit. It's kind of ingenious if you think about it.

BOC is awesome! I saw them last year and the crowd didn't know what hit them. Good chemistry, funny onstage banter, extended solos by each band member, and the great music of course. Enjoy!
They really need to get a new record label and record a new album 14 years is too long! they haven't played the UK for 7 years either so it sucks i cant even see one of my favorite bands live never mind hear anything new

I'm really hoping my copy of the album comes in the mail tomorrow!
And that is a bit of a bummer that EOTC probably won't get played, but it might be too difficult for Maiden to pull off live.

Pics of the vinyl album and some artwork:
3Q3uIdm.jpg

OVkqAzj.jpg

Maiden in a grocery story

Tesco will be stocking Iron Maiden’s first studio album in five years when it goes on sale this Friday, which might in itself be surprising – it not being a compilation of love songs or dad rock – but get this, the supermarket’s only bloody well selling it on vinyl. Woo, yah, vinyl revival, and all that nonsense.

Best thing about this story was the headline in The Northern Echo: "Run to the Tills".

They really need to get a new record label and record a new album 14 years is too long! they haven't played the UK for 7 years either so it sucks i cant even see one of my favorite bands live never mind hear anything new
I've mentioned it in this thread, but it was about fifty pages ago probably - do you think IESF has a certain Fire of Unknown Origin vibe to it?

What are Tesco hoping for here? IM don't seem like the kind of band that people would buy from on a whim and especially not on vinyl

good chance The Book of Souls will be the biggest selling vinyl of the year so if they are planning to launch selling vinyl then it's the perfect album to launch it with. Wouldn't mind if they had it in my local tesco to be honest!

Vinyl aficiondos usually go out of their way to look for it, this is dropping it right in front of the family shopping trip, and Maiden are a big and eye-catching name. People who wouldn't normally buy feel they're getting something special.

Apparently Tesco are going to stock it in 55 of their larger Extra stores.
Of course this means they probably won't have TBOS in my local Tesco:'(

Attended the Bruce podcast with Eddie Trunk in NYC last night. A lot of no shows so general admission was possible & was able to get in. Good interview. Touched on a lot of topics. Tour, the illness, fan questions, etc. Pretty entertaining. He genuinely seems like a nice guy. They were both on stage & as soon as Eddie Trunk said it was over Bruce hightailed it out of there pretty quick.

He looked in decent shape & sounded his usual self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back