"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm about 100 miles north of Denver. I live in Wyoming, somewhat close to Denver.
Damn it! I live about 100 miles south of Denver in Pueblo, feel free to pick me up a copy on vinyl and come down for the State Fair this evening.. ;) We have a lot of members here who live near Denver. I might have to check my store today! I can't believe how excited I am to get an album that I've already listened to 6 times lol. How did you know the album was in today? Did you just happen to go to your store today and see it there? Hopefully they don't get in trouble for releasing an album a few days in advanced.. Perhaps they're Caught Somewhere In Time and think the international release date is still Tuesday...

Damn it! I live about 100 miles south of Denver in Pueblo, feel free to pick me up a copy on vinyl and come down for the State Fair this evening.. ;) We have a lot of members here who live near Denver. I might have to check my store today! I can't believe how excited I am to get an album that I've already listened to 6 times lol. How did you know the album was in today? Did you just happen to go to your store today and see it there? Hopefully they don't get in trouble for releasing an album a few days in advanced.. Perhaps they're Caught Somewhere In Time and think the international release date is still Tuesday...
No, this place has basically always received new releases early. When releases were still on Tuesday, the store would get them the Friday before. Since releases have changed to Friday, the store still gets in new music early on Tuesday. For example, they had the new Motorhead last Tuesday as well. The manager confirmed to me last week that the new Maiden would arrive today.

SETLIST SPOILER from interview with Trunk (Bruce says which song will NOT be played):
Hmm, Bruce says Empire won't be played

Not surprising. ^^

Also, Bruce sounds a bit strange, doesn't he? He's stuttering more than usual.

Someone else here said that Dave said it will be played!
MORE SETLIST TALK:
And only 4 to 5 songs from the new album??? Fuck that stupid idea.

They played about 40 minutes worth of music from TFF. Let's say they do "The Red and the Black" and the title track - that's about 25 minutes already.

Well IESF, SOL & TBOS are pretty much guaranteed so the other 1-2 songs are anybody's guess now

Eddie Trunk mentions an interview a year and a half ago, when Rod and Nicko were there. Does anyone have a link to that? It'd be interesting to hear them...

Not surprising. ^^

Also, Bruce sounds a bit strange, doesn't he? He's stuttering more than usual.

If you notice, he mostly stutters after he gets asked a question from a guy who calls in and says that he had a crush on him. Priceless... Both Bruce and Eddie pretend it didn't get said, but you can tell Bruce sounds uneasy...

They played about 40 minutes worth of music from TFF. Let's say they do "The Red and the Black" and the title track - that's about 25 minutes already.
40 minutes is not enough! They did 7 songs from The X-Factor. 6 from VXI, 6 from BNW, 10 from AMOLAD ;-) Where are those days?

Someone else here said that Dave said it will be played!
Dave said this in interview for "Teraz Rock" and maybe somewhere else. I mean - he said that they are able to play this without problem and that he believe they will play it live

That interview with Bruce is amazing! I love talk about Rod wrestling / Steve monitors.

Last edited:
Great, great interview, just finished listening to it. I just love listening to him talk.

Anyway, the Times Square video interview will be available from Thursday if anyone is interested. I think the interview itself will be conducted today (Tuesday evening US time).

Well I went and checked my local record store just now to see if they may have got it early, which they didn't. But I asked the dude if he could check if they will have it Friday and he said yes so I asked if they were getting it on vinyl and he said 2 copies, then asked if I wanted him to order me a copy with no extra charge that will be there Friday so I figured why not?! Then I asked how much it would cost so he said $35.99 which sounds great, nobody can obviously compete with Amazon. BUT he said that if I want, I can wait until Saturday to pick it up and receive 20% off which will be $28.80 and I already have the music so I can surely wait 1 extra day! They do a deal for the 1st Saturday of every month they offer 20% off new/used vinyls. Pretty damn good news to me anyway!! :D I've been worried about having the album on vinyl on day of release so now I know there will be a copy waiting for me on Friday for $36 or Saturday for $29!! Plus they have a used (great condition) copy of Live After Death for $25 which I plan to get for $20 with the 20% off! Saturday is going to be an amazing day! Not to mention I'm going to see Blue Oyster Cult later that night as well... I better enjoy my ears the rest of the week because they will be shot by Sunday.

Lucky bastard. : )

I must wait for my copy till monday. Or longer, it depend how fast shop will send me my copy beacuse last time I was waiting… week.

Maiden in a grocery story

Tesco will be stocking Iron Maiden’s first studio album in five years when it goes on sale this Friday, which might in itself be surprising – it not being a compilation of love songs or dad rock – but get this, the supermarket’s only bloody well selling it on vinyl. Woo, yah, vinyl revival, and all that nonsense.
Says the supermarket chain’s Michael Mulligan to the Press Association: “In the last year, we began selling record decks in our largest stores and initial sales are very encouraging, so giving our customers some new vinyl to play on those decks seems like the logical next step”.

It’s true. A logical next step. Like he said. “And there can be no better way to launch this trial than working with one of rock music’s most iconic bands and their eagerly anticipated new album”, muses Mulligan. “We are anticipating demand for ‘The Book Of Souls’ to be as high as Iron Maiden’s last album, which was the band’s most successful to date, reaching number one in 28 countries including the UK. If this trial is a success, then we would consider selling more vinyl albums before the end of the year”.

Tesco won’t be selling more vinyl albums before the end of the year. But it will be selling this one, in 55 of those Tesco Extra stores you get these days.

- See more at: http://www.completemusicupdate.com/...n-maiden-album-on-vinyl/#sthash.k6Jh8YP6.dpuf

Maiden in a grocery story

Tesco will be stocking Iron Maiden’s first studio album in five years when it goes on sale this Friday, which might in itself be surprising – it not being a compilation of love songs or dad rock – but get this, the supermarket’s only bloody well selling it on vinyl. Woo, yah, vinyl revival, and all that nonsense.
Says the supermarket chain’s Michael Mulligan to the Press Association: “In the last year, we began selling record decks in our largest stores and initial sales are very encouraging, so giving our customers some new vinyl to play on those decks seems like the logical next step”.

It’s true. A logical next step. Like he said. “And there can be no better way to launch this trial than working with one of rock music’s most iconic bands and their eagerly anticipated new album”, muses Mulligan. “We are anticipating demand for ‘The Book Of Souls’ to be as high as Iron Maiden’s last album, which was the band’s most successful to date, reaching number one in 28 countries including the UK. If this trial is a success, then we would consider selling more vinyl albums before the end of the year”.

Tesco won’t be selling more vinyl albums before the end of the year. But it will be selling this one, in 55 of those Tesco Extra stores you get these days.

- See more at: http://www.completemusicupdate.com/...n-maiden-album-on-vinyl/#sthash.k6Jh8YP6.dpuf

What are Tesco hoping for here? IM don't seem like the kind of band that people would buy from on a whim and especially not on vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back