"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very interested to hear your take on the Red and the Black.
It is a strange mix of the familiar and the unexpected.

I am very interested to hear your take on the Red and the Black.
It is a strange mix of the familiar and the unexpected.
At this point it's my most anticipated song (even over Empire). Steve rarely misses with his epics and it sounds like he really stepped up his game with this one.

At this point it's my most anticipated song (even over Empire). Steve rarely misses with his epics and it sounds like he really stepped up his game with this one.

It's a divisive song. Personally, I think it's easily the weakest song on the album and Steve's worst epic in at least a decade. However, as shown by the adoration in other posts, your mileage may vary.

It seems almost everyone liking The Red and The Black thinks it's the best song on the album. I personally think it's a GREAT song. But if I had to choose songs to bring to a desert island, there's probably 4 or 5 others on the album I would choose before.

I think that cover suck. It has no emotion, no great graphic. It's just Eddie. They don't care.
I think that album is too long. I must switch CD too often. They don't care.
Songs are too long. Too boring and too complicated. They don't care beacuse I don't like it.
Album doesn't sound like it was recorded 30 years ago. They don't care about my feelings.
I want more song like 2m2m, trooper and so on. Actually I want another "Best of compilation" beacuse with BoS - they don't care.

Ok, if that is all can we now focus on some good things?

How am I trolling? I like the album. I just expressed my opinion about double-CD thing.

You LIKE the album? Hahaha, said by a guy who edits the album in audio programs....And who uses words like disgusting and whiney to describe tracks...Yeah, sure you do :)

"The chorus is probably the most disgusting thing about the album"

"Too much AMOLAD in it. And whiney vocals. I already knew from the reviews it was to be the worst track."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back