"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that cover suck. It has no emotion, no great graphic. It's just Eddie. They don't care.
I think that album is too long. I must switch CD too often. They don't care.
Songs are too long. Too boring and too complicated. They don't care beacuse I don't like it.
Album doesn't sound like it was recorded 30 years ago. They don't care about my feelings.
I want more song like 2m2m, trooper and so on. Actually I want another "Best of compilation" beacuse with BoS - they don't care.

Ok, if that is all can we now focus on some good things?

Wait, you also forgot "This sounds like Maiden and not some proggy thrash band with blast beats. They obviously don't care."

You LIKE the album? Hahaha, said by a guy who edits the album in audio programs....And who uses words like disgusting and whiney to describe tracks...Yeah, sure you do :)

"The chorus is probably the most disgusting thing about the album"

"Too much AMOLAD in it. And whiney vocals. I already knew from the reviews it was to be the worst track."
Well, sometimes the more you criticize something the more you enjoy it. Like raising your child )

In this case yes. There was no point stretching the album beyond 80 minutes, give extra work to CD manufacturers, and less comfort for CD listeners.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This doesn't necessarily have anything to do what anyone has said in this thread, but I'd just like to point out that I like the idea of a double album. I don't see changing CD as a problem, since both CDs are quite long by themselves. They're both about the length of SSOASS, and i never had an issue taking out that CD and changing it for SIT, or whatever it might be. I actually like it, because it gives a breather and is something new for Maiden, which adds something unique to this already amazing experience.
And if the band would think they should shorten down the album to fit it into a single CD, it would interfere with the artistic creativity. The art is created from the soul and a result of the band releasing their inner creativity. To start cutting in that would be to hold back what their mind intended to be the actual piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back