"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's Nowhere near my favorite and i've listened to the album all way through 5 times now, also i think everyone who hasn't listened to the album has completely abandoned this thread ;)
Ah, I see. So up above when you said it was your favorite so far, you obviously didn't finish all of it.

Ah, I see. So up above when you said it was your favorite so far, you obviously didn't finish all of it.
I had already listened to it once by then, but most of the songs like TRATB, TBOS, and the entire second disc apart from DoG need multiple listens (For me Anyway)

came on.........its not my favorite album since reunion an of course not one of their best.

Empire of clouds...............dont like at all

Ill give the album 6,5/10.Good album.Thats all

Already listened to most the album before work, Severian. About to do it again.

I meant in the whole discussion scheme of things. =p

It's not filler if it's there for a reason. You might not like it, but songs have length for reasons. No band goes, "We want that song to be 2 minutes longer, so let's just add in some more for no real reason."
Ok, I take it back. There is actually some vocal at the very end.

Already listened to most the album before work, Severian. About to do it again.

I meant in the whole discussion scheme of things. =p
Well what do you think of it, atm half the people think it's one of their best and half think it's one of their worst it's split this site in two within the first few hours :facepalm:

Well what do you think of it, atm half the people think it's one of their best and half think it's one of their worst it's split this site in two within the first few hours :facepalm:
Honestly I think this is a great sign. It means that they're doing something new. If it was an album like, say, TFF, it'd be pretty much as cut and dry as "if you like reunion era Maiden you'll like this". I'm hoping by now it's time to usher in a new era.

I don't even know where to start talking about it! I feel like I would have to write a f***ing book to get my point across with how amazing this album is!!!!! I have been listening to it for the past 4 hours while reading through all 40 pages since I was on here this morning (pre leak era), though I have NOT listened to Empire Of The Clouds yet, I am saving that one for about 10 minutes from now and I have been taking 10 minute breaks or so to give my ears, mind and heart some rest.
But gosh, I came in expecting to not like the album much on the 1st listen because I haven't liked any of the post reunion albums on 1st listen because they are so long and complex and obviously require multiple listens to catch all the great stuff, but The Book Of Souls is 110% different as far as taking multiple listens! Now keep in mind that Speed Of Light has been one of my favorite reunion era songs since its been released and I listened to it about 5 times last night because I think it's just amazing! Well it goes without saying that is one of the least fantastic songs on this album, yet still a solid 9 at the least! I am simply stunned with this album!! It's perfect! This is an album that I won't ever get tired of listening to. I have listened to some songs up to 3 times kind of jumping around from track to track starting with the short rockers, then the longer ones ending at The Red And The Black which is simply amazing! One of the best epics of their career. The title track is another one that caught me after seeing a poor comment about it. I personally think the title track is amazing!
Anyway, from my 1st night of The Book Of Souls I rate it a 10/10 album and I have NOT even heard 18 minutes of it yet!! I look for this album to be my favorite Maiden album since 1986 if not my favorite overall.
I can't believe the negative comments by a few members here. Iron Maiden 2000-2015 is NOT Iron Maiden 1982-1988. If you want to hear 80's Maiden, then pull out Piece Of Mind!! Nobody else wants to hear these guys trying to relive their golden age! These guys gave progressed into a much greater band overall and we should simply thank them by buying the new album and enjoying it to the fullest!
PS: damn Bruce sounds fantastic on it!

I don't even know where to start talking about it! I feel like I would have to write a f***ing book to get my point across with how amazing this album is!!!!! I have been listening to it for the past 4 hours while reading through all 40 pages since I was on here this morning (pre leak era), though I have NOT listened to Empire Of The Clouds yet, I am saving that one for about 10 minutes from now and I have been taking 10 minute breaks or so to give my ears, mind and heart some rest.
But gosh, I came in expecting to not like the album much on the 1st listen because I haven't liked any of the post reunion albums on 1st listen because they are so long and complex and obviously require multiple listens to catch all the great stuff, but The Book Of Souls is 110% different as far as taking multiple listens! Now keep in mind that Speed Of Light has been one of my favorite reunion era songs since its been released and I listened to it about 5 times last night because I think it's just amazing! Well it goes without saying that is one of the least fantastic songs on this album, yet still a solid 9 at the least! I am simply stunned with this album!! It's perfect! This is an album that I won't ever get tired of listening to. I have listened to some songs up to 3 times kind of jumping around from track to track starting with the short rockers, then the longer ones ending at The Red And The Black which is simply amazing! One of the best epics of their career. The title track is another one that caught me after seeing a poor comment about it. I personally think the title track is amazing!
Anyway, from my 1st night of The Book Of Souls I rate it a 10/10 album and I have NOT even heard 18 minutes of it yet!! I look for this album to be my favorite Maiden album since 1986 if not my favorite overall.
I can't believe the negative comments by a few members here. Iron Maiden 2000-2015 is NOT Iron Maiden 1982-1988. If you want to hear 80's Maiden, then pull out Piece Of Mind!! Nobody else wants to hear these guys trying to relive their golden age! These guys gave progressed into a much greater band overall and we should simply thank them by buying the new album and enjoying it to the fullest!
PS: damn Bruce sounds fantastic on it!

Be sure to come back and give us your thoughts on Empire of the Clouds. I'm very curious to see what your reaction to it will be :)

That's sort of how I get over it when somebody doesn't enjoy something I like.

The Red and the Black is pretty much an instrumental song anyways, like 10% of it has lyrics. Don't quite get why people are saying it would have worked better as an instrumental.
I would say 50%. It could be a perfect 8.5 minute with no instrumental abuse.

Those guys asking for short, rocking 80's style maiden should be happy anyway, SOL is okay but WTRRD, DoG and TOAC are some of the best short Maiden songs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back