"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else feel as though the tempos throughout the album kinda change for a moment??... It's a bit weird.

Just got done. Heres my ratings.

If Eternity Should Fail 9
Speed of Light 10
The Great Unknown 9
The Red and the Black 10
When the River Runs Deep 7
The Book of Souls 10
Death or Glory 7.5
Shadows of the Valley 10
Tears of a Clown 10
The Man of Sorrows 9
Empire of the Clouds 11

If Empire of the Clouds isn't in everyones top ten in a week, then I will be really surprised.

Anybody else feel as though the tempos throughout the album kinda change for a moment??... It's a bit weird.

I did. It doesn't bother me really. The whole album has that "genuine" feel because of how they went about it.

Just got done. Heres my ratings.

If Empire of the Clouds isn't in everyones top ten in a week, then I will be really surprised.

I doubt it will break my top 100, but it's way to early to say. Have listened to the album 3 times now. Some stuff I love, some stuff, I'm not so sure about, but like I said, it's too early to say.

Me thinks this is their exclamation point on their career. It's a much more suitable final album than TFF.

That's if they make another one but guts tell me that's a very small if.

Am I the only one that favors disk 1 over 2(excluding Empire of the clouds. It's a masterpiece) But disk one has so much more aggression than disk two. like IESF, WTRRD, TGU, and.Book of souls! Book of souls even has thrash in it right after the last chorus before the instrumental section. Tell me that's not badass??

Am I the only one that favors disk 1 over 2(excluding Empire of the clouds. It's a masterpiece) But disk one has so much more aggression than disk two. like IESF, WTRRD, TGU, and.Book of souls! Book of souls even has thrash in it right after the last chorus before the instrumental section. Tell me that's not badass??
I Would say (Surprisingly) TOAC is the Heaviest song on the album, which is on Disc 2

I Would say (Surprisingly) TOAC is the Heaviest song on the album, which is on Disc 2
Really? IMO that song isn't heavy at all. The only part that's heavy is the part with the odd time signature. Like listen to The great Unknown verse. Very heavy and aggressive!

I def prefer disc one as well. Fav song so far is probably WTRRD with the least fav being DAG. But yea in general all songs on disc one, with the exception of SOL, are exceptional (so far anyway), while im not as impressed by disc two. Guess a lot can still change in the upcoming days as I hear the album more often though.

Yeah this is one freaking album. Well, two. The more I listen, the more Im liking it. The only song not getting me as much as the rest is Valley.

Yeah this one freaking album. The more I listen, the more Im liking it. The only song not getting me as much as the rest is Valley.
Yeah me either. I'm really trying to get into that song as well as The man of Sorrows. Those songs are little too straight forward compared to the rest of the album. No real surprises in them.

I only made it through WTRRD since my brother wasn't outside very much, but I will be finishing the rest a little later and most likely giving it 1 or 2 more listens after that.
First off, for those of you wanting another instrumental, the 6 minute part in TRATB should much more than satisfy you. And that opening vocal part where the harmonic, melodic guitar goes along with Bruce's singing is SO AMAZING! However, I really hope there aren't more songs that give you all the great vocals at just the beginning. However, WTRRD has to be Bruce's weakest vocal moment since the 90's. It's really great instrumentally. And soon I will head into the rest of the album.

However, WTRRD has to be Bruce's weakest vocal moment since the 90's. It's really great instrumentally
Yeah it's very weak in the 1st verse, but he get's better from the 52 second mark, the problem seems to be that he's trying the follow the guitar melody and it's too fast for him to sing in his soaring style

Yeah it's very weak in the 1st verse, but he get's better from the 52 second mark, the problem seems to be that he's trying the follow the guitar melody and it's too fast for him to sing in his soaring style
Even with a very weak first verse, it's your favorite on the album? Or had you not listened to all of it yet? Also, I think we're still supposed to use spoilers in this thread when talking about the songs until the album is actually released.

Even with a very weak first verse, it's your favorite on the album? Or had you not listened to all of it yet? Also, I think we're still supposed to use spoilers in this thread when talking about the songs until the album is actually released.
No it's Nowhere near my favorite and i've listened to the album all way through 5 times now, also i think everyone who hasn't listened to the album has completely abandoned this thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back