"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating that same sentence 4 times is not just boring, it makes no sense at all. What point are they trying to make reasserting the same thing 4 times?

A chorus reasserting the same thing is not necessarily boring, it's pretty common in music. You find it in a lot of maiden songs as well, f.ex Running Free, Wrathchild, Children of the damned, Run to the hills (x2 though), Caught somewhere in time, Heaven can wait, The Evil that men do, Blood Brothers.. and many more.

So for me, the problem with Journeyman is not that the chorus is lyrically boring, It's just the way it pops up like some poor anthemic fanfare.. The melodic feel and idea itself as a chorus, is just over the top! Too much mojo!!

I'm very tempted to e-sign up to the FC forum, is there any point? It's £25 now, isn't there still an online only option?
Has it livened up on there with the new album news etc?

I'm very tempted to e-sign up to the FC forum, is there any point? It's £25 now, isn't there still an online only option?
Has it livened up on there with the new album news etc?

I'm not sure if there's an online-only Fan Club membership option. The FC forum has been quite active just recently, but pretty much the same stuff as you see here! :D

Ok cool, I'll hold off and stick around here :)

I'm in the Maiden FC. The forum does the job, but I really joined to be in with a chance of ticket presales, plus some bits of FC-only merchandise and collectable things like the Magazine.

Hello fellow maiden fans. I have been silently stalking this forum for many years now hoping to find news on maiden. Now that Book of Souls got confirmed, couldnt resist registering any longer. The review got me very excited. I have a feeling book of souls will be like Dance of Death. I just hope that there are less single guitar riff songs like final frontier, benjamin and el dorado and the composition is more like these colors dont run. Already ordered the hard cover edition and simply can't wait till Sept 4

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry i meant DoD the song. But even as an album I thought DoD had some amazing songs in between a few ordinary ones. As a single Rain Maker is second only to wickerman for me. Paschendale, DoD are great epics and has some of the best solos and nothing comparable on Final Frontier. I hope it turns out to be better than Final Frontier as that album was my least favorite out of the post reunion albums. I am also hoping Janick puts in a bit more thought into his solos.

If the album contains rockers as good as Wickerman or Rain Maker, Ballad as nice as Man of Sorrows from the solo album and few epics as good as For the Greater Good of God, Dance of Death etc then i will be over the moon. My biggest fear is a song like El Dorado..which is as long as These Colors Dont Run and yet contains nothing to keep your attention apart from the sole galloping riff. I dont want to see such simple compositions stretched out to 7 minutes. El Dorado should have been a 4 minute song. I hope the longer songs have a lot going on like Sign of a Cross or Alexander the great.

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry i meant DoD the song. But even as an album I thought DoD had some amazing songs in between a few ordinary ones. As a single Rain Maker is second only to wickerman for me. Paschendale, DoD are great epics and has some of the best solos and nothing comparable on Final Frontier. I hope it turns out to be better than Final Frontier as that album was my least favorite out of the post reunion albums. I am also hoping Janick puts in a bit more thought into his solos.

We all hope this, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back