"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instantly reminds me of "Piece of Mind" sound...well, maybe with just a little harder feel. Awesome production (finally)!

P.S. I almost see waves of photons buzzing in my brain:);)!

Absolutely. Or another guitar solo. I wouldn't be surprised if they have cut the vocals off the beginning of a chorus for this sound snippet.
Nah, I think that any samples we'd get would be from the finalized CD version of the album. You'd have to have a master of the instrumental tracks, and I don't think they would go that far just for the teasers.

Great stuff! I was hoping to hear a snippet of Bruce singing in there, but I'm perfectly fine with what we got. The production definitely sounds like an improvement over TFF, which is a good thing. In fact, the tone is kinda reminiscent of Brave New World, I think! Makes sense, since they recorded this at the same studio as BNW.

But the only thing missing in the sample is Bruce... I would have liked to hear his voice. But I love the groove and the sound of the sample for sure !!

This sounds almost like a mobile recording of some track just playing from the speakers, it's FAR from the actual stereo mix!

The melody kinda reminds me of the vocal melody (and some of the guitars) of 'Futureal' :) ...and a tad Gary Moore

I was also hoping to hear some of Bruce's vocals, especially given what we've heard in the interviews from Steve and Janick about how great he sounds. But at this point anything is much appreciated from the Maiden camp. That melody is really cool, I would imagine it's from Speed of Light.

Sounds live but a bit more refined than the last few albums have as well.

It's insane how much info I'm trying to get from a 30 second clip haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back