"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's the first night of the British Lion tour tonight, who knows if that'll mean anything or not?

PLEASE CLARIFY

People are upset by the second BoS thread being opened. So my question, are the following quotes an accurate statement?I will act accordingly until someone with authority tells me otherwise.
If any of the following:

1. The name of the album
2. The name of the songs
3 The length of the songs
4. The writing credits for the songs
5. The artwork for the album

Do not have to be in spoiler tags, than why should the details of interviews with bandmates? It would be odd to be selective with officially released information when it comes to spoiler tags.
Maybe you thought I was stretching with the above statement. So, there is an example below.
It's just difficult/frustrating sometimes knowing what's appropriate and what's not..
For example, I was given a warning during The Final Frontier tour, because I mentioned I thought Steve's shirt, "Whale Oil Beef Hook" was fun. Apparently that was too much, and information about Steve's shirt gave away things about the tour.

Now if Steve's shirt is a spoiler for some people, enough so that I got a warning, than certainly song names, and durations would be a spoiler as well, would it not? But because that information is official, we do not need to put it into spoiler tags. At least that was my understanding.

However, If rules are different regarding each piece/kinds of official content, well that would be good to know.

Which lead to the second thread being made. One for all officially released spoilers to be talked about, the other for no spoilers. How is that not the simplest solution?

Or do we expect everyone to navigate this already 96 page thread, that will now contain countless "spoiler tag" regarding all the forthcoming interviews and reviews, because decided that some officially released material is a spoiler while some material is not? Especially considering how easy it is to screw up and let something slip outside of a spoiler tag.

PLEASE CLARIFY

Last edited:
Add "Spoilers" to the title of this thread. Let people talk freely about everything regarding the new album in this thread (pretty much like we have been already for like you say close to 100 pages)...Those who do not want to know anything about the new album will know not to read this thread and I've yet to see anyone saying they don't want the album spoiled on this forum...

Make a sticky/read only thread where every confirmed news/interviews you name it - is dropped as a quick, easy to access database of TBOS news.

Last edited:
How can an interview needs a spoiler tag?! The only spoiler tags should be on album reviews before release date and tour setlists. Apart from that, what is this modern paranoia about 'spoiling the party' of the new album?! Get the ass off the chair and go do something else, then! We're not in the 80's, nor 90's anymore! This is fast information age and the ones connected are certainly searching for the things they're interested and are mostly about to find it.

The correct thread title should be then: "How do I learn not reading news about TBOS on the internet age?" Oh, give me a break... :facepalm:

Last edited:
The reason an interview should be in spoilers is because it could have the person being interviewed mention details about the album.
Such as Janick saying the titled track to TBOS has an acoustic intro.

The reason an interview should be in spoilers is because it could have the person being interviewed mention details about the album.
I wish it was something like this:
"Let me tell you a story to chill the bones
About a Book of the Souls
One night I was wandering in the Mayan land
I dropped dead as someone hit me in the head..."

Last edited:
Alright!
Not sure when it'll come out. I hope in the August edition (some where in second half of that month). But around that time the content might not be that particularly new anymore. It'll depend on the questions as well. (And I'm sure other interviews will pop up around that time as well).

If we had any listening sessions this month,there is a good chance that the August Greek Metal Hammer contains a review.

PLEASE CLARIFY

People are upset by the second BoS thread being opened. So my question, are the following quotes an accurate statement?I will act accordingly until someone with authority tells me otherwise.

Maybe you thought I was stretching with the above statement. So, there is an example below.

Which lead to the second thread being made. One for all officially released spoilers to be talked about, the other for no spoilers. How is that not the simplest solution?

Or do we expect everyone to navigate this already 96 page thread, that will now contain countless "spoiler tag" regarding all the forthcoming interviews and reviews, because decided that some officially released material is a spoiler while some material is not? Especially considering how easy it is to screw up and let something slip outside of a spoiler tag.

PLEASE CLARIFY

We're discussing the issue of how we organise the TBOS threads, with definitive rules on what is and isn't a spoiler, where they should be posted, and also clear details of what constitutes a leak. These will be posted very shortly. This is taking into account views expressed now and around album releases and tours in the past. In the meantime, use of spoiler tags would be very much appreciated within this thread for anything which gives away precise details of songs, lyrics, themes etc.

The following: 1. The name of the album, 2. The name of the songs, 3 The length of the songs, 4. The writing credits for the songs, 5. The cover artwork for the album are on the band's official website (and just about everywhere else) and are difficult to miss, so they don't need spoilers.

There will be a new thread for any single released, and a new thread for any tour announced, to keep discussion distinct and to the point.

Please note: actual leaks and suspected leaks must not be posted at all, even in spoiler-friendly threads or within spoiler tags. This includes (but isn't limited to) actual new songs or excerpts of new songs not officially released, and lyrics or artwork not officially released. Rod has eyes everywhere.....

Make a sticky/read only thread where every confirmed news/interviews you name it - is dropped as a quick, easy to access database of TBOS news.
Point noted, as also suggested by Mosh, thank you. ;)

Travis, mate, your vigilance is commendable, but can you leave it to the moderator team to post the rules? That way we're all giving the same message out. Thanks. :)

Only real 'SPOILER' is leak of the album or single.
All other stuff are officially posted on IM.com and you can check it there.
You don't have to read this topic. People are here because they want to KNOW something!

We're discussing the issue of how we organise the TBOS threads, with definitive rules on what is and isn't a spoiler, where they should be posted, and also clear details of what constitutes a leak. These will be posted very shortly. This is taking into account views expressed now and around album releases and tours in the past. In the meantime, use of spoiler tags would be very much appreciated within this thread for anything which gives away precise details of songs, lyrics, themes etc.
Travis, mate, your vigilance is commendable, but can you leave it to the moderator team to post the rules? That way we're all giving the same message out. Thanks.

The thing is, it was nearly a week ago, when one of the mods said they were working on the rules for TBoS spoilers. And, I don't want to come across as entitled or impatient, but I honestly wonder how a handful of mods can't come up with a plan in under a week? I mean, half hour to discuss a plan, half hour to write it and post it.

But, nearly a week, and in the mean time interviews are coming out.. and than you wonder why things are a gong show. It would be easy, and preferred to leave things to the mods. But also, currently unrealistic given that they are still silent, presumably working on some master plan, while real news is beginning to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back