"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read it like that at all. In fact I read it to mean that there will be no single. He said that it is nice to hear the whole album for the first time when it comes out, but if we have a single ahead of the album then we wont be hearing the whole album for the first time when it comes out as we will have already heard at least one song on the single. Add to that the fact that we have all seen on the official website that if we don't read it there then its not going to happen. Just because some online company accepted pre-orders for a single in August and it is mentioned in Metal Hammer don't mean a thing if there is no official announcement on the official webpage.

Yeah it sounded a bit like that to me. It doesn't sound like the answer of a man who knows there's a proper single with b-sides/video etc. in the pipeline.

Even if there is an official announcement they can change their mind as well, and have done in the past. Futureal was advertised in magazine as being released on 2 CD singles and a 7 Inch, in the end it was released as a fan club only single. Lord of the Flies was supposed to be released as a single to fit in a box set with Man on the Edge and the X Factor, in the end it only came out as 1 CD in a few territories.

1 or 2, but not all the 30 seconds samples of every songs as we see now with most albums.

LOL I remember trying to listen to the 30 seconds of samples of BNW back in the day, on dial up, it would take about half an hour to down load then play 2 seconds then buffer for another 5 mins.

I didn't read it like that at all. In fact I read it to mean that there will be no single. He said that it is nice to hear the whole album for the first time when it comes out, but if we have a single ahead of the album then we wont be hearing the whole album for the first time when it comes out as we will have already heard at least one song on the single. Add to that the fact that we have all seen on the official website that if we don't read it there then its not going to happen. Just because some online company accepted pre-orders for a single in August and it is mentioned in Metal Hammer don't mean a thing if there is no official announcement on the official webpage.

I am starting to think this way too. They have decided for a big whole release in September. Big wait --> hype --> sales -->charts. 5 years from their last album, so they want something special for this one. They want to be different from the others, they can and this is why we love them.

I am starting to think this way too. They have decided for a big whole release in September. Big wait --> hype --> sales -->charts. 5 years from their last album, so they want something special for this one. They want to be different from the others, they can and this is why we love them.

Yet it's hard to believe. They never had an album without a single, did they? In fact, I can't think of any album that has gone like that.

I know that we discussed this before and I tnink it is a pitty I got official access to most metal albums coming out Sep - Oct period,apart from Maiden's album.I always had Maiden's music to help me through difficult times.This is yet another of these times for me......And really,say what you want, but I think this is just unecessary to go through all the waiting while so deep in the internet era.

What would be the point? To piss off hungry fans? Sales will be just as good. Whoever wants a surprise just won't listen to the single.

Well,I am just saying how I feel about all this.Keeping in mind Maiden played that game in the past e.g. TFF.But as I said before it might just be me feeling really miserable lately.

It sure got removed from blabbermouth but the original interview is still there.

Ahh didn't know that. Yeah it's on glide magazine for sure, well right now at least. Would be weird if Rod would censor Janick like that..;)

I'm willing to bet it got taken down because the author included that Final Frontier documentary, which was uploaded without permission of the band. Unless it's still there when the article comes back in which case what do I know? :D

The way things are going we would be notified for the single 5 minutes before it is released.:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back