"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they will print it to CD. I'd be flabbergasted if they did.

Idk, I think that the eventual artwork and format will be announced soon. For every album they released at least one CD single so I do not see why they will not do it also this time.

Idk, I think that the eventual artwork and format will be announced soon. For every album they released at least one CD single so I do not see why they will not do it also this time.

What was the CD-single from TFF?

I totally agree with @sjsaur and @Mosh and i might even, as I might have said before (I'm old, a little bit of alzheimer every now and then ;) ) skip this and other forums around the release just so I can make up my own mind of the record before hearing others opinion.

I can clearly see the appeal of listening in a vacuum, but I'm not sure I'd get so much more out of it that it would be worth the bother.

I just realised that we only had TROBB 12 days before AMOLAD was released.DW was released as a single after the album availability date.So the period before AMOLAD was even worse.I am in a TFF own listening party all day today.

Last edited:
I will have heard "speed of light" three hundred times by September 4.:D And does anyone remember how far ahead of ff release we got the ff song video?? Who thinks speed of light has a video??

The Final Frontier video was out in early July - I remember vividly because I was seeing the band on tour at the time. So, I guess 5-6 weeks before release? Keep in mind that whole cycle was different because they were already on tour.

I was gonna say, mtv is worthless to music fans anymore. But I get what your saying SMX. There are new-ish cable music video channels that show vids 24 hours a day that would show speed of light for sure.
In fact the one station we have on "in the background" here shows wicker man and the wonderful wildest dreams videos still. I have never seen the FF video other than online. Too bad, that one is pretty cool!!

Last edited:
or do they???

Damn I hate Blaze!!!!Dear Lord he can't even synch to the rhythm,the first musician unable to play air drums...hehe

Russian magazine - Dark City take an interview with Dave Murray - and they shared a bit of information before august issue comes out. Davey says - that most likely Maiden will visit Moscow and Saint Petersburg in first half of 2016. Which is means an huge Euro 2016 tour. He says that setlist will balance an old and new material. Also he does not know about single release\video release... due to it's in the competence of record company and management. But he says that there will be a video to promote an album (probably which is means - that band itself is not involved in recording of promo-video),

Last edited:
Russian magazine - Dark City take an interview with Dave Murray - and they shared a bit of information before august issue comes out. Davey says - that most likely Maiden will visit Moscow and Saint Petersburg in first half of 2016. Which is means an huge Euro 2016 tour. He says that setlist will balance an old and new material. Also he does not know about single release\video release... due to it's in the competence of record company and management. But he says that there will be a video to promote an album (probably which is means - that band itself is not involved in recording of promo-video),
Interesting... old and new material? I guess that could mean just about anything at this point. Do you have a link to this info?

Interesting... old and new material? I guess that could mean just about anything at this point. Do you have a link to this info?
I don't have any link. Because interview will be published with August issue of the magazine on August 12. I know this information because the journalist from that magazine that interviewed Davey on the phone share bits of information right now. Especially information regarding Maiden visiting Russia in first half of 2016. I repeat – full interview will be published August 12. But I think that time there be a new Metal Hammer and full details will pop up in other magazines as well. I hope that you understand my not so well English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back