"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok. I stop now. sorry everybody. Those images are total mischief on my part. I was sick of waiting for album news and was inspired by that April 1st "the point of harsh steel" gag. . Forgive me . That's what a spare hour on a train and an iPhone app will do. Was giggling to myself the whole time.

Well, I removed the second one before I saw this. Congrats on fooling a mod. You nearly got yourself banned.

Posting of any and all copyrighted material before release is a bannable offense. This includes printed material; lyrics are spoilers! If you play a prank so well you convince a mod, you're taking a risk. I personally won't be verifying the veracity of leaks before banning.

I hope the guitars sound a little different on TBOS. Do you all feel that the guitar sound on DOD, AMOLAD & TFF was the same? I want to see some faster-ish songs too!

Shadow got me going with those lyrics. Good work sir

@SinisterMinisterX @LooseCannon @Perun @Shadow

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a stickied/pinned thread for spoiler and leak rules specifically regarding TBOS. For spoilers, the only way for people to know to use them in this thread is to go through all the pages and read every single post until their mentioned and not everyone will do that so they would have no ideas about spoilers. And even though rules about copyrighted material are already in the main rules post, it might not be a bad idea to have them worded in a way that is aimed at TBOS that include things like leaked lyrics. That way absolutely no one can have an excuse as far as all of this goes. Just a suggestion. Take it or leave it. :)

Maybe it would be a good idea...

We all agree. Mod team has been slacking. We have been working on these matters behind the scenes, and a thread should be posted soon.

Please remember the moderator's perspective here: if you post something that appears to be a genuine leak, as those photos from a booklet looked like they might have been, we're not going to wait for the hoax to be debunked. We have to remove the material in case it's genuine.

Previous postings of some youtube tracks from other bands as "leaks" were not a problem because they clearly weren't Maiden. The photos looked like they could have been real to me, snapped at the printing plant. I'm not going to spend all day searching DarkLyrics to prove they're fake; they simply go.

It was a nice gag @shadowpants, but a risky one. Please don't think we don't have a sense of humor; we do. Links to unreleased material are the one and only exception: we don't even take the chance.

Good deal for sure SMX. And overall, the mods do a great job keeping order here as far as warning members and such. I know you don't have an easy job of with all that goes on. Especially during a new album release or a tour. So, I can definitely understand why it's a bit of a challenge for you right now. And be careful where you swing that ban hammer. I want to be conscious come September! :p Seriously though. You all do an amazing job here for the most part. Keep up the great modding!

We all agree. Mod team has been slacking. We have been working on these matters behind the scenes, and a thread should be posted soon.

Please remember the moderator's perspective here: if you post something that appears to be a genuine leak, as those photos from a booklet looked like they might have been, we're not going to wait for the hoax to be debunked. We have to remove the material in case it's genuine.

Previous postings of some youtube tracks from other bands as "leaks" were not a problem because they clearly weren't Maiden. The photos looked like they could have been real to me, snapped at the printing plant. I'm not going to spend all day searching DarkLyrics to prove they're fake; they simply go.

It was a nice gag @shadowpants, but a risky one. Please don't think we don't have a sense of humor; we do. Links to unreleased material are the one and only exception: we don't even take the chance.
Fair point well put sinister. I won't risk anything else. Been a maiden fan since I was 10 and bought killers cause of the cover. 38 now and their still making super exciting music. I'm hoping TBOS takes their epics to the next stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back