"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who posts a genuine leak of the album on this forum will wish they only got thrown out of a window.

First, we ban you.

Then, we ban every IP from your city just to be safe.

Finally, we give Travis your home address and a hammer, and tell him you said "autistic people smell bad".

So, don't leak the album here, or Travis will light some fun upside your head.
:lol: You just made my day with that one!

Just to clarify, if there were to be a leak are we able to discuss the musical content of the album (with spoilers) prior to its official release or is that also discouraged?

Yes, discussion is permitted, but spoiler warnings are required until Sep. 4.

Every thread about TBOS will need to have "SPOILERS" in the thread title. And yes I do mean all caps, so no one can miss it. Once you're in such a thread, spoiler tags are not required on individual posts. Entry into such a thread equals consent to be spoiled. Be very careful which links you click if you want to avoid spoilers! We've had complaints in the past from folks who didn't bother reading thread titles before clicking links, let's avoid that.

Discussion outside a SPOILER thread needs to use spoiler tags, but we ask that all spoilery stuff be confined to appropriate threads.

To further clarify:

The following will get you instantly and permanently banned:
1. Linking to a leak directly
2. Linking to a web page that itself links to a leak
3. Providing any direction or suggestion at all on how to find a leak. Not the slightest hint, not even as a joke.

What can you do? We can acknowledge "the album has leaked", but anything more specific (in terms of obtaining the leak) is very dangerous.

On the day the album leaks, based on past experience, the following will happen: a new or non-regular member will post a link, thinking he's doing us all a favor. Five minutes later, it will happen again. We'll be on top of it this time; the mod team has already made arrangements to ensure LC isn't left trying to keep up with hundreds of illegal links alone.

Is posting something like "Can someone send me a link via PM?" or "I have the link and will PM it to everyone who wants" illegal?

Btw, would be good idea to post this as a new thread, will get buried with the way this thread is going :)

You do realise that some people have already posted links to things they thought were leaks? You guys may have been in no doubt as to there lack of authenticity, but I'm not sure those who posted did. Plus, people are posting dubiously-legal material in the Now Playing thread pretty much every day, are they not?
Btw, would be good idea to post this as a new thread, will get buried with the way this thread is going :)
Yes.

YouTube is a streaming website though. You can only download videos from it using third-source programs and it's illegal from YouTube's point of view. If bands/labels don't want their songs on YouTube, they can ask them to take it down anyway.

But you guys didn't say just downloading. You're saying if it's up on YouTube (leaked) we can't post it, or a link to it, here. Those two things are not the same. Plus, just because something hasn't been taken down, doesn't make it legal.

From the forum rules:
Maidenfans.com will under no circumstances tolerate the sharing of official and/or copyrighted material on our forums. This includes but is not limited to the posting of MP3's, torrents or links to places where copyrighted material can be downloaded. We also ask members not to discuss WHERE they downloaded material such as this from. Violation of this rule subjects the poster to immediate moderation.
So to clarify, in the context of the rules, links to YouTube of any material is okay?

So to clarify, in the context of the rules, links to YouTube of any material is okay?
I would assume any youtube material is OK since you can't directly download from there.

NO.

Just because YouTube allows illegal material doesn't mean we do. Any link to leaked material before Sept. 4, including YouTube links, gets you banned.

There are no loopholes. We're watching out for the legal status of Maidenfans.com. If you're trying in any way to post a leak, or even help someone else find a leak, you'll get banned.

I actually recall people messaging each other on the official fun club forum. (About the leaks).
No disrespect but we know how this works and all of us are going to buy the album after all.

I think that's a no, @Travis The Dragon! :p
There are no loopholes. We're watching out for the legal status of Maidenfans.com. If you're trying in any way to post a leak, you'll get banned.
And if Maiden themselves post some sort of teaser or free stream --we can post that here, even if indirectly through some YouTube link? Aye/naw?
I actually recall people messaging each other on the official fun club forum. (About the leaks).
No disrespect but we know how this works and all of us are going to buy the album after all.
SMX says we can post whatever we want, here, from the Official Fun Forum though. That's allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back