"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're going to release a short rocker first. Since there was that thing about Speed Of Light, that one is most likely.
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me (although they also have released the 1st song from each album in every post reunion album thus far, so it also wouldn't be a shock if they went with 'If Eternity Should Fail')

Last edited:
If they released another single, it would probably be If Eternity Should Fail. My only reasoning is because it's the opening track and if I'm correct on 4 of the last 5 maiden albums, the opening has been released as a single. The Final Frontier was a single right?

As was Final Frontier. These were also uptempo short rockers that were perfect single material. I'm going to guess that If Eternal Should Fail won't be like this.

'When the River Runs Deep.'....My gut tells me it's going to be a ballad-esque song

Placed between two +10 minute songs I suspect it'll need to be more metal and high energy than a ballad and being Adrian's lengthiest contribution of the album I'm speculating it'll be musically more in the vein of The Longest Day or These Colours Don't Run. Hopefully.

I think speed of light is the odds on favorite. I think it will be a ball of fire rocker and be shreding up the airwaves here in a few weeks.
But I'm pulling for a dark horse in "The man of sorrows". I'm hoping Dave gives us a killer hit worthy of introducing the world to tboFs!!

Dave is extremely good in writing short songs.I don't think any of the songs he did with Steve in the post reunion era is particularly good apart from the Rainmaker that is indeed a short song.Let me just also say that TMHWBK has some killer sections but it never was a song imo, just some random parts assembled together,lol. Anyhow what I am grying to say is that I missed Davey doing a short rocker.

Now that the dust has settled a bit, I have to say that I'm more excited about this one than I was about The Final Frontier. That one felt like "just" another Maiden album, this one has an 18 minute solo Bruce composition. Everything feels up in the air at this point.

I know what you mean there Shadow. Plus the fact that it's been 5 years since we had a Maiden album. I actually am WAY SUPER OVER-HYPED for this one!

I was more excited about TFF but that's only fair since it was the first Maiden album to come out after I became a fan. But I'm pretty damn psyched about this one as well.

I missed the buildup to TFF so it's fair to say I'm a heck of a lot more excited about this one. About a month until I see Steve, potentially a new Maiden single a week after that (if the rumourleak is to be believed) and then the new album a few weeks later.

This is the first Maiden new release where I'm already a fan. TFF was actually my first ever metal album. Right after it released I listened to it a lot, and then promptly dove into metal as a whole.

The Final Frontier was the first album by any artist that I eagerly anticipated ( due to being into a lot of older bands that had stopped releasing material) So that build up will always have special memories for me.
This is definitely the most hyped Ive been for an album since The Final Frontier, and I'd probably say Im equally as hyped as I was for that. Then again, when I saw the track listing, I may have lost my shit more so than when FF was revealed.
A few weeks prior to the announcement I drew up what my ideal Maiden album would be in terms of track duration and order. It was ridiculously similar to the actual BoS track list, with three 10+ minute songs, two medium epics and four shorter tracks.

This is definitely the most hyped I've ever been for a Maiden CD. Started listening at BNW, so I've been around for the last three hype trains.

But honestly, there has been so much hype this year for me (Nightwish! Kamelot! Armored Saint! Satriani! SYMPHONY X!) that after Sept 4th, I don't think I'll have any hype left! (Until a tour is announced).

Also started listening at Brave New World, but I was too young to keep myself updated around Dance and for A Matter of Life and Death I heard "Breeg" and thought it was mediocre so I really didn't hype anything. Just bought the album at the local supermarket when it was out and that was it. (Took months or years for me to appreciate it fully - I can't remember when I decided it was their best). Around TFF I was again not convinced by the choice of single, and was like, "yeah, I'll listen when it's out".

As for the new one, I can definitely say that I'm looking forward to it. I want to hear just what the hell they've been up to! 18 minutes song! Gers/Harris-penned title-track! Hyped? Well, yes. Just don't drop a mediocre single on me...

The Final Frontier was the first new album release to happen after I had become a fan, so I was really excited for it at first. I was pretty disappointed after hearing El Dorado for the first time though, especially since I had loved the darker tone and vibe of the previous album so much.

Nowadays I'm a bit more mature about matters and I'm really, really eager to hear what the guys have come up with.

I'd say as it draws nearer this album anticipation will top that of final frontier. Nothing will ever top brave new world though. Around here We were all like :nana::nana:

If we just can get some single soon so we can know what are we waiting for. What ambient and what sound? Bruce vocals? Guitar sound? Oh, God damn, can't wait anymore!

Well,since they are not gong to play live during the summer there is a possibility that we would only get some new music around August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back