"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the band will shot a promo-video with actual footage of band itself. The final frontier video was good but it misses any shots of the band. So if they are not playing any gigs this year, could they release a solid promo video? and my personal wish that it would be a longer song of the album, because it's Maiden and they actually can make it happen. I'm also curious what kind of marketing the will come up with to promote an album via Internet. Slipknot made a huge work promoting an album - teasing information by pieces - album cover, album title, countdown on the website, release date, sneak peaks of the songs and etc. Judas Priest released a shot sneak peeks videos of many songs with the band talking about particular song. In both cases of these bands I think it helped to increase album sales. In Maiden case - they already release huge news about almost everything about album except any music itself. But in this time - I think using sneak peeks of the song is useless - due to longevity of certain songs. You can't bring a proper teaser of the song which is lasts over 10 minutes. This album is very long and it’s too much to consume and digest. Just think about it – to listen album twice you’ll spent 184 minutes. So the best way for Maiden is to release 2 long songs before album release. I doubt that they prelease Empire of the Cloud or The Red and the Black. But releasing The Book of Souls and other non-shortest track would be perfect to listeners to overview the mood and the directions of the album. And it’s best way to take the steam off the longevity of the album to casual listeners. In post 2000-s maiden is strong with longer songs. And they did the right thing to release The Reincarnation of Benjaming Breeg before AMOLAD instead Different World. DW is a good song, but Breeg was a killer song. So I think they’ll make a right choice the represent album before it’s release. Sorry for my not correct English, but I think you’ll understand my point.

Maybe the band will shot a promo-video with actual footage of band itself. The final frontier video was good but it misses any shots of the band. So if they are not playing any gigs this year, could they release a solid promo video? and my personal wish that it would be a longer song of the album, because it's Maiden and they actually can make it happen. I'm also curious what kind of marketing the will come up with to promote an album via Internet. Slipknot made a huge work promoting an album - teasing information by pieces - album cover, album title, countdown on the website, release date, sneak peaks of the songs and etc. Judas Priest released a shot sneak peeks videos of many songs with the band talking about particular song. In both cases of these bands I think it helped to increase album sales. In Maiden case - they already release huge news about almost everything about album except any music itself. But in this time - I think using sneak peeks of the song is useless - due to longevity of certain songs. You can't bring a proper teaser of the song which is lasts over 10 minutes. This album is very long and it’s too much to consume and digest. Just think about it – to listen album twice you’ll spent 184 minutes. So the best way for Maiden is to release 2 long songs before album release. I doubt that they prelease Empire of the Cloud or The Red and the Black. But releasing The Book of Souls and other non-shortest track would be perfect to listeners to overview the mood and the directions of the album. And it’s best way to take the steam off the longevity of the album to casual listeners. In post 2000-s maiden is strong with longer songs. And they did the right thing to release The Reincarnation of Benjaming Breeg before AMOLAD instead Different World. DW is a good song, but Breeg was a killer song. So I think they’ll make a right choice the represent album before it’s release. Sorry for my not correct English, but I think you’ll understand my point.

Seeing as it only took a shot of the cover and the song names, running times and credits for the Maiden fans to collectively flip their shit in anticipation, I doubt they'll do very much for further promotion save for maybe a promo single.
DId I read it here that they announced it so out-of-the-blue-ish because it leaked on Amazon? Anyways, that leak might have done them good. Imagine:
- New Maiden album leak on Amazon discovered
- Holy shit a new album?! No, they didn't annouce it, maybe a hoax...?
- Official announcement appears
- HOLY SHIT ITS TRUE OMFG

And now every single music news portal has covered the story, everyone knows about it. Everybody wants it. Promo = done. A teaser or promo single would just be the icing on the cake.

Things r so fucked up here in Athens.I could really use thenew album right now :goodbye:

Just looked on Amazon UK. (Who's pre-ordered already?) The CD (which comes with MP3 anyway, without you having to rip from the CD when it turns up) is £9.99; but the MP3 alone in £10.99! :blink:

Just looked on Amazon UK. (Who's pre-ordered already?) The CD (which comes with MP3 anyway, without you having to rip from the CD when it turns up) is £9.99; but the MP3 alone in £10.99! :blink:

Yeah... I believe it has to do with one being a physical product that Amazon actually stocks. Stocking large numbers enables them to lower their profit margins on each, whereas digital sales are much more strict in giving discounts (which I guess comes from that Amazon pays the distributor after the sale, but I could be wrong here). Same with e-books vs books. Hardcovers are cheaper than the e-book some times, when they discount a bestselling book to force their competitors out of business. No-one can compete with Amazon.

People outside of the UK don't get the MP3's though, and I can't use the coupon they usually give out for their mp3-store.

Yeah... I believe it has to do with one being a physical product that Amazon actually stocks. Stocking large numbers enables them to lower their profit margins on each, whereas digital sales are much more strict in giving discounts (which I guess comes from that Amazon pays the distributor after the sale, but I could be wrong here). Same with e-books vs books. Hardcovers are cheaper than the e-book some times, when they discount a bestselling book to force their competitors out of business. No-one can compete with Amazon.

People outside of the UK don't get the MP3's though, and I can't use the coupon they usually give out for their mp3-store.
I get that, but why (if you're in the UK) would you order the MP3 on its own (for a higher price), when you get it in either case? Either way, if you're a digital buyer & don't care about physical CDs --why would you buy digital from their UK site anyway, with all digital music cheaper on Amazon US?

I can't even pay for it. You need a credit card issued by an UK/US bank. Days of proxies for getting around this issue are long gone.

I can't even pay for it. You need a credit card issued by an UK/US bank.
I don't think so. It doesn't matter where you're credit card is registered just that your IP address is US based. Either that or you can register & charge up your US account with vouchers. It can absolutely be done. I've done it several times.
Don't think you can use PayPal with any Amazon accounts, Brigs.

Why do you guys even need to get an Mp3 version of the album, when you can just rip the CD? Especially if it costs more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back