"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being here when TFF was coming out... I think people are freaking out about this album even more. :)

Maybe I've got rose colored glasses but I remember there being not only a lot more traffic on this site for TFF, but also a lot more optimism. Sure there was a lot of spam and riff raff, but the general tone of the forum seeme to be excitement. This time around people started complaining literally the day it was announced and it hasn't stopped since. Pretty disappointing honestly.

Edit: and yes I know I'm complaining too. :D

I think people are freaking out about this album even more. :)

Not surprising, since we for the first time really have seen a reason for the band to come to an end.

I wasn't a member when TFF was released though, so I couldn't say.

Sure there was a lot of spam and riff raff, but the general tone of the forum seeme to be excitement.

I personally think this applies for the situation now, but you're free to disagree.

Maybe later I'll take a trip down memory lane and read some of the TFF pre-release threads. :p

I was on another Maiden forum before Dance of Death was released and there was so much excitement about it... People were making threads speculating about the songs based on the song titles alone.

That's true. Especially for people who are just looking for leaks, you don't really need a forum to help you find one anymore, especially one like this that has tightened the moderation since last time.

Also, the IMBB closed down the day of that album announcement, so a ton of people from that site spilled over here. We didn't get that this time.

I guess that's another reason I'm disappointed, maybe I expected less people would mean more substantial discussion. :p

Well, hopefully the Bruce Air trip to Paris tomorrow yields some interesting album info from those lucky people participating... I believe a couple folks here were selected (Brigs?)- does anyone remember who?

It was fun at first but has become a bit repetitive.

Personally, I see more excitement than complaining and this thread has a LOT more views that the TFF thread did so it's definitely getting a lot more action.

atTs1O5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back