"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teaser for IESF is back up on YouTube...
Must be only put on very recently as there are only 30 views on it.
Still not sure if it's genuine but seems like it.

This is what gets me worried. 8 minute slow intro??

It isn't the same intro repeated for 8 minutes. It's the band accompanying Bruce on various piano and string melodies, etc for that length of time before the story calls for more energy. I'm pretty sure there are lyrics and building/sweeping dramatic things happening during that time however. Every description of Empire that I've heard says that it isn't bloated feeling and is thoroughly entertaining all way through and is basically an instant classic.

Reactions: Gk1
I often wished Maiden would take a cue from their intro's/acoustic passages slower pieces in general and create a whole song from those.
I don't really count Journeyman as that. But I would love to see a whole song that is more like beginning of Moonchild/end of the Prophecy kind of thing. It doesn't need to ever speed up and bring in the whole band.
Also, please do an instrumental again. Pleeeeeeeaaassssseeee :)

I often wished Maiden would take a cue from their intro's/acoustic passages slower pieces in general and create a whole song from those.
I don't really count Journeyman as that. But I would love to see a whole song that is more like beginning of Moonchild/end of the Prophecy kind of thing. It doesn't need to ever speed up and bring in the whole band.
Also, please do an instrumental again. Pleeeeeeeaaassssseeee :)
No way! Please no instrumentals! Don't need another snoozefest like second half of SOTC, or what will probably be the last 6 minutes of The Red and The Black.

Last edited:
No way! Please no instrumentals! Don't need another snoozefest like second half of SOTC, or what will probably be the last 6 minutes of The Red and The Black.
These are, to me, the most interesting and varied parts of the songs, not to mention the sublime instrumental parts of To Tame a Land and SSoaSS

Well not really. If you look back over the "vocabulary" of music Maiden has written, the slow acoustic sections are only ever just
that...very short intro/outro, calm mid section etc. I feel they could write something truly beautiful/dark/moody etc without getting plugged in...or without choruses/verses words in general. Guess its something I've always wanted. Don't see it happening really though. But I would still
drop the shadow in my pants with excitement over a new instrumental. Wishful thinking

Where might a plumber go to locate said dripping pipe?
Actually I don't want to know (lalalalalalala) yes I do..no..NO. Stand firm!

I cannot help, if it is real I'm guessing it will spread like wildfire though. I haven't tried finding it, just reporting that a site has it reported as being leaked.

If it has leaked, its certainly not in any of the places i would usually expect to see it at this stage, so i'm pretty sure the leak report is bogus. Will keep checking though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back