"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased to announce a very special recording of The Eddie Trunk Podcast with a live audience September 1st in NYC at the Hard Rock Cafe Times Square! This special event for my audience starts 6:30 sharp and will feature very special guest Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden! Join us as I interview Bruce about his history with Maiden and the new album Book Of Souls and maybe ask Bruce a question as well. Admission is free but you must win to get in. So please enter now and you will get a confirmation for a pair of tickets if you win. Hope to see you for this very special event, more TBA. Enter here: http://eddietrunk.com/the-book-of-souls-album-launch/

If that Youtube teaser is fake, the it's VERY well done. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's real. 8/28 would he a good day to release another tune, continue the hype buildup for the home stretch before release day. Maiden also have a history of releasing the first track off the album before the release date.

Yep, if it's fake then whoever made it should have a job lol.

As relentlessly agonising the wait for The Book of Souls has been for me, I'm going to try (try being the operative word) and reach September 4th without having any more content divulged, including the potentially incoming second single, If Eternity Should Fail....not too long now.

Also, stumbled across a Spanish (?) track by track review on Twitter. Haven't checked each of the posters comments, aside from part of his summary in which he proclaimed the album to be great and that his favourite songs were the title track and The Red and the Black, though he admits he will need more spins.

i'll copy the original text and then whoever wants to translate can do so.

source- https://twitter.com/rock_pix/status/633991140396691456

If Eternity Should Fail, tema 1. Intro rara y Riff súper heavy, estribillo pegadizo. Solos doblados como siempre. 8.28 mins

Uh, y tiene unas voces recitadas muy locas al final #TheBookOfSouls

El segundo es Speed of Light, el corte q conocimos hace unos días

3. The great unknown. Uno de esos q va creciendo a medida q avanza. Arranca solo el bajo, para cuando llega el estribo es un tsunami

Hasta ahora todos estribillos muy melódicos súper cantables y pegadiZos #TheBookOfSouls

Sigue The Red and The Black. Una de las largas. 13 min y pico. Veremos q trae

4.The Red and The Black.Todo lo q un tema de Maiden tiene q tener. Riff, coro de cancha, y solos picantes. El mejor x ahora #TheBookOfSouls

The Red and The Black. Lo groso de sus 13 minutos es q hay como una canción dentro de otra. Se abren líneas para todos lados. Harris es Dios

Ah no el Riff del final, veo a River saltando y coreando ooohh ooohh

Ya definitivamente me cebe. Es un te ma zo . Hasta ahora el mejor del disco lejos. Recién van 4 pero serio candidato a ser el mejor

5. When The River Runs deep. En la línea de The Mercenary o The Alchemist. Primer estribillo q no es pegadizo. #TheBookOfSouls

6. The book of souls. Cierre del cd 1. Intro acústica. Riff hiper denso. Bruce ominoso, oscuro. 10.27min. A ver como sigue #TheBookOfSouls

6. estribillo con Bruce allá arriba. Hay un aire oriental en las guitarras. Y en el medio explota y sale a fondo. Q banda la san puta!

6. The Book of Souls, muy parejito con The Red and The Black como lo mejor del disco 1. Maiden encuentra su mejor forma en los largos

7. Death or Glory. Otro cortito a la pera pero en este caso si tiene un estribillo arriba y cantable. #TheBookOfSouls

7 Riff muy rockero. Se nota la mano de Adrian Smith ahí. #TheBookOfSouls

8. Shadows of The Valley. Tiene un aire a The Fallen angel de brave new world. Me hizo acordar al toque. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Tears of a Clown. Arranca con un Riff muy rockero. Si bien es de Smith/ Harris, parece un tema solista de Dickinson. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Incluso x sonido y arreglos es diferente a los otros temas. No tan pesado, y mas rockero. #TheBookOfSouls

10. The Man of Sorrows. Casi el mismo título q una canción solista de Bruce. Arranca lento pero se pone a volar al toque.#TheBookOfSouls

10. Por ahora es el menos llamativo de todos los temas.

11 empire of The clouds. Ahora viene la papa. 18 minutos. Arranca con Piano!! #TheBookOfSouls

11 un comienzo tranquilo, con Bruce al mando y la banda acompañando mansa. Asi se van los primeros 8 minutos #TheBookOfSouls

#TheBookOfSouls

11. Por momentos parece un movimiento de una ópera. Maiden mete su Bohemian Rhapsody en el final de #TheBookOfSouls

Resumiendo, #TheBookOfSouls es una gran gran disco de Maiden. Y celebró una banda de anime a hacer algo así en esta época

A primera oida, los mejores fuer. The Red and The Black y The book of Souls. Pero como todo disco largo, merece varias escuchas para elegir

Pleased to announce a very special recording of The Eddie Trunk Podcast with a live audience September 1st in NYC at the Hard Rock Cafe Times Square! This special event for my audience starts 6:30 sharp and will feature very special guest Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden! Join us as I interview Bruce about his history with Maiden and the new album Book Of Souls and maybe ask Bruce a question as well. Admission is free but you must win to get in. So please enter now and you will get a confirmation for a pair of tickets if you win. Hope to see you for this very special event, more TBA. Enter here: http://eddietrunk.com/the-book-of-souls-album-launch/

Very much hoping my name is picked.

Where is this supposed new clip or info on a new single? The link few pages back isn't workin..

Link is dead when I view the page here. I saw one on youtube for IESF & people claiming it's fake. I doubt you will get another single before release but, who knows.

The X Factor is a hard album for many people to love. Don't feel bad if you don't understand why so many people get it. It's more cerebral and dark, and if you're not particularly experiencing either of those traits, The X Factor is not for you.
I would love to have written that myself.:devil2:

As relentlessly agonising the wait for The Book of Souls has been for me, I'm going to try (try being the operative word) and reach September 4th without having any more content divulged, including the potentially incoming second single, If Eternity Should Fail....not too long now.

Also, stumbled across a Spanish (?) track by track review on Twitter. Haven't checked each of the posters comments, aside from part of his summary in which he proclaimed the album to be great and that his favourite songs were the title track and The Red and the Black, though he admits he will need more spins.

i'll copy the original text and then whoever wants to translate can do so.

source- https://twitter.com/rock_pix/status/633991140396691456

If Eternity Should Fail, tema 1. Intro rara y Riff súper heavy, estribillo pegadizo. Solos doblados como siempre. 8.28 mins

Uh, y tiene unas voces recitadas muy locas al final #TheBookOfSouls

El segundo es Speed of Light, el corte q conocimos hace unos días

3. The great unknown. Uno de esos q va creciendo a medida q avanza. Arranca solo el bajo, para cuando llega el estribo es un tsunami

Hasta ahora todos estribillos muy melódicos súper cantables y pegadiZos #TheBookOfSouls

Sigue The Red and The Black. Una de las largas. 13 min y pico. Veremos q trae

4.The Red and The Black.Todo lo q un tema de Maiden tiene q tener. Riff, coro de cancha, y solos picantes. El mejor x ahora #TheBookOfSouls

The Red and The Black. Lo groso de sus 13 minutos es q hay como una canción dentro de otra. Se abren líneas para todos lados. Harris es Dios

Ah no el Riff del final, veo a River saltando y coreando ooohh ooohh

Ya definitivamente me cebe. Es un te ma zo . Hasta ahora el mejor del disco lejos. Recién van 4 pero serio candidato a ser el mejor

5. When The River Runs deep. En la línea de The Mercenary o The Alchemist. Primer estribillo q no es pegadizo. #TheBookOfSouls

6. The book of souls. Cierre del cd 1. Intro acústica. Riff hiper denso. Bruce ominoso, oscuro. 10.27min. A ver como sigue #TheBookOfSouls

6. estribillo con Bruce allá arriba. Hay un aire oriental en las guitarras. Y en el medio explota y sale a fondo. Q banda la san puta!

6. The Book of Souls, muy parejito con The Red and The Black como lo mejor del disco 1. Maiden encuentra su mejor forma en los largos

7. Death or Glory. Otro cortito a la pera pero en este caso si tiene un estribillo arriba y cantable. #TheBookOfSouls

7 Riff muy rockero. Se nota la mano de Adrian Smith ahí. #TheBookOfSouls

8. Shadows of The Valley. Tiene un aire a The Fallen angel de brave new world. Me hizo acordar al toque. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Tears of a Clown. Arranca con un Riff muy rockero. Si bien es de Smith/ Harris, parece un tema solista de Dickinson. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Incluso x sonido y arreglos es diferente a los otros temas. No tan pesado, y mas rockero. #TheBookOfSouls

10. The Man of Sorrows. Casi el mismo título q una canción solista de Bruce. Arranca lento pero se pone a volar al toque.#TheBookOfSouls

10. Por ahora es el menos llamativo de todos los temas.

11 empire of The clouds. Ahora viene la papa. 18 minutos. Arranca con Piano!! #TheBookOfSouls

11 un comienzo tranquilo, con Bruce al mando y la banda acompañando mansa. Asi se van los primeros 8 minutos #TheBookOfSouls

#TheBookOfSouls

11. Por momentos parece un movimiento de una ópera. Maiden mete su Bohemian Rhapsody en el final de #TheBookOfSouls

Resumiendo, #TheBookOfSouls es una gran gran disco de Maiden. Y celebró una banda de anime a hacer algo así en esta época

A primera oida, los mejores fuer. The Red and The Black y The book of Souls. Pero como todo disco largo, merece varias escuchas para elegir

Google Translation
If Eternity Should Fail, topic 1. Intro rare and super heavy riff, catchy chorus. Alone bent as ever. 8.28 mins

Uh, and has some pretty crazy voices recited at the end #TheBookOfSouls

The second is Speed of Light, the cut q met a few days ago

3. The great unknown. One such q q grows as advances. Only starts low, when the bracket comes a tsunami

So far all super singable and catchy melodic choruses very #TheBookOfSouls

Follow The Red and The Black. One long. 13 min and peak. We see q brings

4.The Red and The Black.Todo as a matter of Maiden q has q have. Riff, court choir, solos and spicy. The best x now #TheBookOfSouls

The Red and The Black. Roughly what your 13 minutes is q there as a song into another. Lines to all sides open. Harris is God

Ah not Riff end, I see River jumping and chanting ooohh ooohh

And I definitely prime. It is a zo tem. So far the best of the disc away. Just go 4, but serious candidate to be the best

5. When The River Runs Deep. In line with The Mercenary and The Alchemist. Q first chorus is catchy. #TheBookOfSouls

6. The book of souls. Closing the CD 1. Intro acoustics. Riff hyper dense. Bruce ominous, dark. 10.27min. See as follows #TheBookOfSouls

6. chorus with Bruce up there. There is an Eastern air guitars. And in the middle explodes off thoroughly. Q band san bitch!

6. The Book of Souls, very parejito with The Red and the Black as the best of disk 1. Maiden find his best form in the long

7. Death or Glory. Another shortie a pear but in this case if you have a top and singable chorus. #TheBookOfSouls

7 Riff very rocker. Adrian Smith's hand there is noticed. #TheBookOfSouls

8. Shadows of The Valley. It has an air of The Fallen angel brave new world. It reminded me to touch. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Tears of a Clown. Start with a rocker Riff. While it is Smith / Harris seems a solo theme Dickinson. #TheBookOfSouls

9. Even x sound and arrangement is different from other subjects. Not so heavy, and more rock. #TheBookOfSouls

10. The Man of Sorrows. Q almost the same title song Bruce solo. Starts slow but gets to fly to the touch. # TheBookOfSouls

10. For now is the least flashy of all issues.

11 Empire of the clouds. Now comes the Pope. 18 minutes. Start with Piano !! #TheBookOfSouls

November 1 quiet start, with Bruce in charge and the band accompanying tame. So will the first 8 minutes #TheBookOfSouls

#TheBookOfSouls

11. At times it seems a movement of an opera. Maiden puts his Bohemian Rhapsody at the end of #TheBookOfSouls

In short, #TheBookOfSouls is a great album of Maiden. He held a bunch of anime to do that at this time

At first heard, the best fuer. The Red and The Black and The Book of Souls. But like all long drive, worth several listeners to choose

Thanks for the work, but I can't understand most of it. Is it my poor english, or are you using letters as abbreviations for certain recurrent words ?
Edit. This is a f... google translation ! The original wirter uses abbreviations that this machine can't understand "lo q" for "lo que" etc. The spanish version is perfectly understandable.
Edit 2 : the guy was clearly impressed by the Red and the Black. His review would never be published, but it's funny.

Last edited:
I know it is pretty messy. I think the original text is in Spanish. This is the translation I got from Google.

I have the feeling this will be the reunion-era X-Factor

They tried it with AMOLAD, but this time around, the darkness of the themes and Eddie's frontal view such as on that album cover, really has more to do with The X Factor than DOD or AMOLAD. It's exciting to think about this reference for The Book Of Souls.

Hilarious Google translation as usual...
"Maiden finds his best form in the long."
That probably means the reviewer think BOS is one of Maiden's best albums for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back