"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I read all the 10 pages and I am more excited than ever. Setting up my alarm to 4 AM (Brazil time). Less than 15 hours to go!

he also says the original CD of SIT is shitty so I wouldn't get too exited about his opinion

That was a response he gave to me about the album production itself, as I mentioned to him that I'd heard people compare the production to the one on SiT. I got the impression that he doesn't pay too much attention to that sort of thing normally. He could think that the original CD pressing of SiT was too quiet or too loud for his tastes, especially since he specifically pointed out the edition of SiT that he owned. So I'd wager that his comparison to SiT and Book of Thel was more from a general songwriting or guitar sound than anything else.

Nowhere does it say that Maiden themselves is releasing it at 8AM GMT time. Unless I missed something.

No, but it's a logical assumption. There's no point in letting a specific radio station have an exclusive premiere of a new song if you plan to post a music video for the song before that premiere. It's what Queensryche did in 2013 when they unveiled the snippet of Redemption on Eddie Trunk's show, then the whole song of Redemption a month later and then lastly with Where Dreams Go To Die in May.

Expect the band to post the video a little after 8 a.m. GMT.

I wonder if its downloadable through iTunes etc? I'd like to take that track with me when out walking etc. Im in Ireland (home) at the mo
but generally live in Hong Kong. My phone is connected to HK iTunes. BOS preordered of course

I'm just glad it's going to youtube so we don't have to worry about the Maiden homepage crashing for 2 days straight like it did when they released El Dorado haha.

And Germans probably can't even listen to it on YouTube because of copyright infringement. Thanks Gema

Then again, as also stated quite a few times in this thread, we still don't have an official time for the youtube availability. We can only speculate that it would be available around the time the song is aired.

That was a response he gave to me about the album production itself, as I mentioned to him that I'd heard people compare the production to the one on SiT. I got the impression that he doesn't pay too much attention to that sort of thing normally. He could think that the original CD pressing of SiT was too quiet or too loud for his tastes, especially since he specifically pointed out the edition of SiT that he owned. So I'd wager that his comparison to SiT and Book of Thel was more from a general songwriting or guitar sound than anything else.

I was just trying to be a smart arse, I don't really doubt his comparisons. I was just shocked by his remark about the original SIT cd as it's generally regarded that the Somewhere in Time remaster is the worst out of all the remasters.

I think if his comparison of book of thel meets somewhere in time holds up then it's an exciting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back