"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I translated the French album review & I did not see all the talk of repeat choruses. I did read that Speed of Light does have the repeats & that Death or Glory chorus is the big disappointment of the album. Basically says it's a note for not copy of new frontier. Unless my translator was not very good. There were quite a few references to Transylvania, Mariner & L'osfer words.

So
Speed of Light, Speed of Light, Speed of Light, Speed of Liii-iiiieee-iiiii-iiiiigggghhht.?:p

And some will very glad to hear Adrian's declaration that "we are not a cabaret act."

Well, I'm done throwing each song into Google translate and personally the three songs I'm most looking forward to hearing, based on the words by the french journalists is: If Eternity Should Fail, The Red and the Black, Empire of The Clouds.

Sorry Ariana, but The Great Unknown: "chorus, already masterful same gains in efficiency not be repeated uphill way"

I haven't read any reviews up to this point and all the information I have about the album comes from interviews with band members. And I think I made the right decision to steer clear of reviews - the new this, the new that... :facepalm:

Edit: What's so bad about efficiency and uphill ways? :p

I don't mind a couple of repeat choruses out of 11 songs. The last album had very few repeat choruses. And if they work like some older songs, who cares? It is part of their formula. So far, the only songs not thrilled about hearing are Man of Sorrows & Death or glory based on reviews. Maiden just isn't a ballad type band.

Translating on Google translate is funny though...

"It does not pick the song as the instrumentation to new heights never collapse. We denote eventually a form of self influence, if you want to tickle Steve Harris and his family, but it remains overwhelmed by such generosity in the melodic luster and the various passages of arms of the three guitarists"

Who wants to tickle Steve Harris and his family?

Would you bet on red or black?
Would you bet on red or black? Blaaaaaaaaaack!

I dig it! :shred:

I haven't read any reviews up to this point and all the information I have about the album comes from interviews with band members. And I think I made the right decision to steer clear of reviews - the new this, the new that... :facepalm:

The review was all about comparisons, wasn't it?
Hope that is a literary device, not an indication of a lack or originality.

The review was all about comparisons, wasn't it?
Hope that is a literary device, not an indication of a lack or originality.
I didn't read it, I only got the bits and pieces that were posted here. And yes, I hope the comparisons were only given as a sign indicating the general direction of the song.

Translating on Google translate is funny though...

"It does not pick the song as the instrumentation to new heights never collapse. We denote eventually a form of self influence, if you want to tickle Steve Harris and his family, but it remains overwhelmed by such generosity in the melodic luster and the various passages of arms of the three guitarists"

Who wants to tickle Steve Harris and his family?

This reminds me of a Swedish review of a British Lion gig, which translated as: "Steve shits respectfully." I liked that line.
I'll be seeing Steve tonight. I can try to tickle him, but it might get me ejected from the venue, if not bassed in the face as well.

This reminds me of a Swedish review of a British Lion gig, which translated as: "Steve shits respectfully." I liked that line.
I'll be seeing Steve tonight. I can try to tickle him, but it might get me ejected from the venue, if not bassed in the face as well.
Do it for the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back